Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 09:34 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,440,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
How utterly stupid. People like you want to forbid abortion, then if a woman has more kids than she can afford, take them away. Keep your mind and laws away from a womans body, it does not belong to anyone but herself.
Once she's had them they are no longer in her body. Kids whose parents can't support them need to be moved to someplace where they are supported. The children should not have to suffer because of the poor decisions of the mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 09:43 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,196,635 times
How about no welfare for able bodied people, and instead give them free birth control shots.

Lazy people breeding huge litters of welfare parasites is out of control and will be bringing this country back to a 2nd world country in the future.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Woman214 View Post
You are wrong for that. How do you bag a decent man? And how do you know that he is decent? What about the BABYDADDIES????? I get tired of hearing people blame the mother for everything last time I checked it takes 2 to tango. I'm not on welfare never have been and I'm a mother of 2. Sometimes when you meet someone they put on their good guy costume until the costume gets old and tired they finally show their true selves. Sometimes a woman want see that until it's to late so you just discipline the mother and her innocent children REALLY you have to be a young person who has a lot of growing up to do and experience in life needed to say something like this because it can happen to anybody.
What about babydaddies? They should not exist.

It takes 2 to create a "Babydaddy" a stupid man, and a stupid women getting knocked up while not married. I cannot "happen to anyone," it can only happen to irresponsible people and victims of rape.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Now lets talk about husbands and fathers...

Old 09-21-2013, 10:19 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,317,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I am very thankful for every penny I get.
I also do not abuse the system. I buy food with my card and never sell them.
...just as the vast majority of people receiving SNAP benefits do. The idea that people on food stamps are lazy, drug-addled criminals is a total canard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
How about no welfare for able bodied people, and instead give them free birth control shots.
Ironically (or hypocritically if you want to go there) it is frequently the same people who oppose any social programs to aid the poor and less fortunate that also whine and shriek about the idea of any gov't-funded birth control and who rail against free choice with regards to reproductive rights.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

Ironically (or hypocritically if you want to go there) it is frequently the same people who oppose any social programs to aid the poor and less fortunate that also whine and shriek about the idea of any gov't-funded birth control and who rail against free choice with regards to reproductive rights.
Ironically, I am not against all social programs, and am 100% pro choice. I also helped with the Democratic campaign and was able to help lead the small town I was living in towards being the only small town in a "red" zone that went blue last election, in a crucial swing state.

What I am against is fraud and baby daddies. In college I lived in a very urban downtown neighborhood in a very large city and saw the rampant fraud first-hand. It is so common-place as a way of life that it takes place right out in the open on the street. I am not sure how much experience living among welfare recipients these people have who claim fraud is a rare event. It is a lifestyle for many, for generations.

I am a moderate, like most Americans. Labeling people liberal or conservative based on one issue does nothing for anything.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:24 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,571,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Why do you think and where in the US Constitution does it say you take rights away from people just because they are poor or single or have a non-white skin color?
Where the hell was skin-colour mentioned??

Old 09-21-2013, 12:55 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,511,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Single mothers that can't pay the bills must have welfare cut after the first birth, any more kids then no extra cash - and if they can't pay then the kids must be put into an orphanage

I think that is the way to go, right?
Give them the option to keep their kids if they get married (to someone of any gender). That will mean fewer kids being raised by out of wedlock mothers.

Also make an exception for kids who are being raised by a single parent due to their dad dying in combat.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,423,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Give them the option to keep their kids if they get married (to someone of any gender). That will mean fewer kids being raised by out of wedlock mothers.

Also make an exception for kids who are being raised by a single parent due to their dad dying in combat.
Well, how big of you! Dad dies in combat AND they can keep the kid.

What is Dad just dies? Or finds another woman? Take the kid away?

Old 09-21-2013, 03:45 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,333,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, how big of you! Dad dies in combat AND they can keep the kid.

What is Dad just dies? Or finds another woman? Take the kid away?
Of course! Any woman who would have a child with a man who just decides to die one day isn't very bright in the first place so she doesn't need to pass her stupidity on to anyone else!

Old 09-21-2013, 06:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,539,278 times
Finger prints will one day replace EBT, credit and debit cards.

It will put a big dent into fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies