Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 03:18 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
So, Big Government interference again. Hmm.

Your statement here makes me mildly curious as to your stance on abortion.
I have no problem with abortion through the first trimester.

The government is the worst possible solution. To everything, including kids born to parents who can't afford to feed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Why?
I think the scattering of children throughout the community with basically lazy state employees responsible for ensuring their safety and well-being is a recipe for diaster. Maybe I've seen too many stories on the evening news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 03:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
nothing wrong with a bit of culling and trimming, and taking the incentive away for women to breed only for money.
Culling and trimming? How about we start with you?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So why go to all the trouble and money of taking these kids away from their parents and institutionalizing them, why not just have a group of people that go around exterminating these children,that way they wont ever cost the state another dime, it precludes them growing up as gang bangers and ho's Kenneth-Kaunda do you happen to know any one who would really like this kind of employment.?
You're completely misusing the word 'institutionalizing'. If you want to get technical, sending kids to school is institutionalizing them. An orphanage is merely a school from which they don't go home at night. A live-in school with dorms. Kinda like college, lol.

The state can take care of the education part and private charity can take care of the rest. People would be lining up to donate if it were the norm of the land.

Privately run orphanages used to be very common. My sister was adopted from one when she was 5. My parents wanted another child so they got one.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:30 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
So when these trashy lower-order women get jobs, do they get their children back? Do they have to reimburse the state for the education and room and board their kids received after being taken from their mothers by force?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Single mothers that can't pay the bills must have welfare cut after the first birth, any more kids then no extra cash - and if they can't pay then the kids must be put into an orphanage

I think that is the way to go, right?

This assumes most women on welfare continue to have babies are doing so for the welfare check. While no doubt some do, it's likely not the case for all.

Becoming a ward of the state/foster care, though age 18, will cost the government substantially more than is saved.

The only country that I am aware of that has implemented a broad family cap is China. Reportedly, this policy prevented the births of about 650 million over the years.

Of course, it also assumes forced abortions, infanticide and financial penalties.

Assuming you feel strongly about this, take it up with your state and keep us posted.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 06-14-2013 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-14-2013, 03:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Alternatively....

Castration of any man who fathers a child and is unable/unwilling to support the child.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
So when these trashy lower-order women get jobs, do they get their children back? Do they have to reimburse the state for the education and room and board their kids received after being taken from their mothers by force?
Of course not. They relinquish all parental rights to the child they didn't care enough about to support and provide a loving family for.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Alternatively....

Castration of any man who fathers a child and is unable/unwilling to support the child.
Ooooh, even better!

Old 06-14-2013, 03:58 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
orphanage? does that mean you propose to kill the mothers as well?
Send her to work and deduct money that has to be paid to the orphanage. Chimuelojones, these woman and the dead beat dads are low lifes that don't care about the kids and steal from other hard working americans. To add to the thievery they have bad attitudes and think other people are on earth to support their fat a*ses. Do you really expect people to feel sympathy for these people?

Old 06-14-2013, 04:02 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,141 times
Quote:
Single mothers that can't pay the bills must have welfare cut after the first birth, any more kids then no extra cash - and if they can't pay then the kids must be put into an orphanage

I think that is the way to go, right?
So, then we pay more for all the associated costs of an orphanage? Also later in life the kid has issues because he/she was put in an orphanage.
Money talks, if they are on welfare, after their first kid on the dole, offer them a free tubal ligation and $500 cash. Offer the baby daddies free vasectomies and $500 cash...I bet you'll get some takers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies