Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 08:03 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I am saying it is a decision a woman needs to make for herself and not have society make that decision for her.
No, you said it's better that they be aborted, than to potentially, but likely, have to live on government assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 08:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
I don't even know where to begin with this. I just, I really don't. You're right. Eliminate all laws, let everyone do what they want. Society will prosper. Society doesn't need morals and rules and a sense responsibility. If you wanna do it, do it.
Well seeing that making abortion legal would be considered a law, I don't think I was claiming there should be no laws.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Actually for most women it is the toughest decision of their life. I know a number of woman who have had to make that choice and it was their choice to make, not mine, not yours, not our goverment's.
Sometimes, and this is just sometimes, I support the concept men getting "abortions". In that, since the birth, not the pregnancy, is totally at the discretion of the woman, since she has all the say so, since the man can't even be a father unless she decides to go through with the pregnancy, that she should bear all responsibility for the upbringing of said child.

That the male should be able to immediately after learning of the pregnancy, be able to give up all rights, and responsibilities, to the child which technically isn't even his yet, not until the government steps in and tells her what she can and can't do with her body because she's has gotten to an arbitrary point in the pregnancy and can't afford under penalty of law.

She then, with this knowledge, can choose to abortion, have the baby and put it up for adoption, or raise it herself. I sometimes support this idea. Because it would only be fair. A crappy thing to do, and clearly demonstrating a failure on societies part that this should even exist, but fair all the same.

What are your thoughts on this?

Old 06-14-2013, 08:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
No, you said it's better that they be aborted, than to potentially, but likely, have to live on government assistance.
No, I was asking a question to that specific poster, big difference.

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Forcing someone to raise a child because of an accident is a punishment.
Adoption?

Abortion is horrible, there really is no easy answer.

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
I don't even know where to begin with this. I just, I really don't. You're right. Eliminate all laws, let everyone do what they want. Society will prosper. Society doesn't need morals and rules and a sense responsibility. If you wanna do it, do it.
Why should we eliminate all laws? Because you don't agree with one of them?

Because not everyone agrees with your so-called morals ~ suddenly we have no morals?

Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Sometimes, and this is just sometimes, I support the concept men getting "abortions". In that, since the birth, not the pregnancy, is totally at the discretion of the woman, since she has all the say so, since the man can't even be a father unless she decides to go through with the pregnancy, that she should bear all responsibility for the upbringing of said child.

That the male should be able to immediately after learning of the pregnancy, be able to give up all rights, and responsibilities, to the child which technically isn't even his yet, not until the government steps in and tells her what she can and can't do with her body because she's has gotten to an arbitrary point in the pregnancy and can't afford under penalty of law.

She then, with this knowledge, can choose to abortion, have the baby and put it up for adoption, or raise it herself. I sometimes support this idea. Because it would only be fair. A crappy thing to do, and clearly demonstrating a failure on societies part that this should even exist, but fair all the same.

What are your thoughts on this?
Happens every day.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
No, I was asking a question to that specific poster, big difference.
Did you ask the question because you would prefer that minorities who can't support their children without assistance have abortions instead as to "spare the child"?

Otherwise I don't even know why you would bring it up. You make it sound like living on welfare would be a fate worse than death. Literally.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Happens every day.
But it's illegal. Just like abortion was, until it wasn't. Like I said, laws change every day. There has to be something stronger, longer lasting than what some politician decides will get them money, power, or re-elected.

I mean my god, the ENTIRE country supports the idea of background checks to prevent people who legally can't have guns, from getting guns. But congress, in it's all mighty wisdom, shot it down. So clearly, CLEARLY, we don't need these back ground checks. The system in place works, because if it didn't, the lords and ladies of congress would have changed it. Because every law that has ever been passed in this country, was perfect, and everyone benefited from it.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:15 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
49% of all abortion seekers have had at least one previous abortion. Which means that abortion is being used as a method of birth control.

Absolute disgusting what abortion on demand buoyed by liberal ideology has done to the moral and social fabric of this country.
Why should it be your concern or worry what women do about their unwanted pregnancies, unless you're the father of the the unborn baby?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies