Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:15 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Disclaimer that I didn't read through this whole thread, just the first few pages. As a 30 yr old who is not alligned to a particular party, but leans fiscally conservative, I really can't comprehend her actions. The China / US relationship has a chance to dictate the future direction of the world. Sorry, that is more important than a school graduation, irregardless of the minimal / unofficial role she may have played in the meeting. Yes, she was not elected office. Does she not enjoy secret service protection? Flights aboard air force one and many other benefits / privledges? I am sorry, but being the first lady of the US comes with heavy responsibility. It may not be stated in any law, or manual, but as Lt. Daniel Caffey would say, "Please open up to the page where it says where the mess hall is. Oh it's not in there? So there's no mess hall?"
Since you didn't read the thread you must have missed that she is staying home to attend both of her daughter's graduation ceremonies, and Sasha's birthday party.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:15 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
The China / US relationship has a chance to dictate the future direction of the world.
so? It's not her job to do anything with any US / China Relationship. She isn't the President.

Quote:
Sorry, that is more important than a school graduation, irregardless of the minimal / unofficial role she may have played in the meeting.
so a job that she wasn't hired to do, is more important than her family.

I guess when there is a life and death situation, and you are not a police officer, we expect you to run into the line of fire while a criminal unloads 30 shots into you?

Quote:
Yes, she was not elected office.
Yes she wasn't. so anything you think that she is 'required' to do is only of your making.

Quote:
Does she not enjoy secret service protection?
If your husband or wife earns more than you. do you NOT enjoy the perks of them having a good job? Like being able to afford a nice house or car, or sending your children off to school?

Were you hired by their company to do work? No.

Same with the FLOTUS. She was not hired, but she gets to appreciate what her husband's job affords her and her family.

Or do you honestly think that the FLOTUS and her children should travel unprotected? That they remain locked up in the white House and do nothing?

Old 06-17-2013, 01:24 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
It's telling, there was a white female poster on these forums that also would use the most despicable, ignorant insults towards the FLOTUS in regard to her looks.
I engaged her with a number of posts where she admitted that she was very overweight and old. After admitting that she wasn't a supermodel, a number of posters started to bash her due to her weight, looks and age.

My next post was to ask those posting insults to please be more adult, mature and respective than the woman had been in her posts. My posters complied.

What is stomach turning is that some grown males feel the need to insult and extremely gifted, intelligent and beautiful woman. Someone stated that they had no obligation to be respectful to a woman, what about your self respect.

Were the men in your families so weak and powerless that attacking women were their only way to boost their self esteem.

I'll be honest, if the males on this forum ever insulted my wife this way, we would be in a street fight until someone was knocked the hell out..

Very telling, isn't it? And they're shocked, SHOCKED when someone assumes they're racists for saying some of the ugly things we've seen here.

The anonymity of the Internet turns a lot of really nasty, cowardly people into braggarts, bullies and worse.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Since you didn't read the thread you must have missed that she is staying home to attend both of her daughter's graduation ceremonies, and Sasha's birthday party.

That's just not true. School was out Thursday, the birthday was the following Monday. Michelle easily could have attended the summit on Friday and/or Saturday.

We will really never know who decided she would not attend - but it was a major diplomatic faux pas.
The world, and especially the Chinese public, noted Michelle's absence and it over-shadowed the summit.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
That's just not true. School was out Thursday, the birthday was the following Monday. Michelle easily could have attended the summit on Friday and/or Saturday.

We will really never know who decided she would not attend - but it was a major diplomatic faux pas.
The world, and especially the Chinese public, noted Michelle's absence and it over-shadowed the summit.
That was reported in all the news stories. I am going to assume they know more detail than you, sorry.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Nobody cares if the First Lady attends, it's just an excuse to complain. Why do these kinds of threads go on forever? Because people LIKE to complain.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:49 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
That was reported in all the news stories. I am going to assume they know more detail than you, sorry.

If you like, you can also hold your breath and stamp your feet.

In reality, our only gauge of the fallout will likely not occur until the Obamas' next trip to China.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Disclaimer that I didn't read through this whole thread, just the first few pages. As a 30 yr old who is not alligned to a particular party, but leans fiscally conservative, I really can't comprehend her actions. The China / US relationship has a chance to dictate the future direction of the world. Sorry, that is more important than a school graduation, irregardless of the minimal / unofficial role she may have played in the meeting. Yes, she was not elected office. Does she not enjoy secret service protection? Flights aboard air force one and many other benefits / privledges? I am sorry, but being the first lady of the US comes with heavy responsibility. It may not be stated in any law, or manual, but as Lt. Daniel Caffey would say, "Please open up to the page where it says where the mess hall is. Oh it's not in there? So there's no mess hall?"
Oh, I just freaking LOVE it when people refer to a movie when trying to make a point in a political discussion. But this is the BEST. A self-described conservative referring to a movie written and directed by two of Hollywood's biggest liberals. (BTW: It's Kaffee. Not Caffey.)

NO First Lady is in any way expected or obligated to attend a summit. Which is perhaps best evidenced by Mamie Eisenhower's absence from her OWN HOME when Eisenhower showed their Gettysburg farm to Khrushchev.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:05 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
NO First Lady is in any way expected or obligated to attend a summit. Which is perhaps best evidenced by Mamie Eisenhower not even being in her OWN HOME when Eisenhower showed his Gettysburg farm to Khrushchev.
Now, now. You know that's different. Because Mamie was a nice white Republican lady in pearls. That makes ALL the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
If you like, you can also hold your breath and stamp your feet.

In reality, our only gauge of the fallout will likely not occur until the Obamas' next trip to China.
This is how it works; All the links in this thread point to graduation, and Sasha's birthday party being the cause of Michelle not attending the summit. Please provide proof from a non-nutty source that proves otherwise.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies