Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 11:42 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Here's my reason for disliking unions.

A) You can be a superior employee to those around you and earn the same money, with only time determining the wage differential.

B) Everyone knows that 20% do 80% of the work. This is an indisputable fact.

C) When I see communist flags at union rallies.
20% do 80% of the work and they don`t mind doing it?
As a retired member of the USWA I can confidently say that you have no idea what you`re talking about.That`s an indisputable fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 11:45 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
20% do 80% of the work and they don`t mind doing it?
As a retired member of the USWA I can confidently say that you have no idea what you`re talking about.That`s an indisputable fact.
The US Wrestling Association?

Old 06-16-2013, 11:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The US Wrestling Association?
35 years a steelworker.Do I have to teach you everything?

Old 06-16-2013, 12:02 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Most Americans have been brainwashed into thinking that the interests of a corporation, short-term profit at any price, are in their own interests, when clearly it is not.
Like you've been brainwashed to think corporations operate to make short-term profit at any price? lols.

And you're right. It's not in the interest of the employee to make sure his company makes money. That's why we need labor unions. The company might make too much money and stick around. lols.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Most Americans have been brainwashed into thinking that the interests of a corporation, short-term profit at any price, are in their own interests, when clearly it is not.
Perhaps we should add your post as a memo when we hand out record bonus checks in a few months..for the fifth consecutive year.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Jeez... Where did I offend you to the point that you feel the need to insult me? Secondly, try working for a company as an electrician in Chicago and not be forced to join the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
Then why isn't that union reported for being in violation of the Taft-Hartley Act?

Old 06-16-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
35 years a steelworker.Do I have to teach you everything?
35 years as a steelworker... Don't you wish you were capable of teaching anyone anything other than how to support their union?

Old 06-16-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then why isn't that union reported for being in violation of the Taft-Hartley Act?
Because some mindless IBEW thugs will throw a brick through your living room window.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Here's my reason for disliking unions.

A) You can be a superior employee to those around you and earn the same money, with only time determining the wage differential.

B) Everyone knows that 20% do 80% of the work. This is an indisputable fact.
That's also how it went on at some non-unionized places I've worked. I got tired of seeing some people not carrying their weight while I worked like a dog.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
My view on unions is because of what they don't do anymore. Before unions cared about the little guy and actually gave a damn. Now they are just as bad as business owners. Case in point, my dad got hurt over eight years ago on the job in an accident (the supervisor basically caused) and could have died from the injury as it was the same type of fractured hip you get from a t-bone car accident. The union said, "Come to us if you need anything." (So did the town.) Guess what, they did nothing andhe was forgotten about. My dad went on retirement with social security disability and has his pension but he was still screwed over by his job and the union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies