Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,556 times

Advertisements

You could call me a liberal, and you could also call me a Heat fan (LeBron James fan to be specific). I don't think politics has anything to do with my rooting interest at all though. Perhaps a more casual fan would be swayed by the culture/politics of each city though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM

124 posts, read 145,062 times
Texas is so republican

Old 06-17-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Tim Duncan is a class act and SA has built a team, didn't try to buy a championship as is the case with Miami. LeBron has also been rather classy other than his departure from Cleveland for his own selfish motives. I just don't like this attempted dynasty building just for the sake of getting a ring. I also enjoy watching foreign players that learned the basics handing it to one-on-one American players that wouldn't know what a pass is if it hit them in the head.

When is the last time you saw time Duncan thumping his chest and celebrating a dunk, totally classy player.
Selfish? How selfish of him to want to play with the best and leave a crappy organization and subpar city. It may be selfish of him, but it's no more selfish than you or I moving to another city to advance our career.

Sorry, I know this isn't the topic, but I always get on my soapbox when LeBron comes up.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I met Robinson the night that he got drafted at a club called Illusions. We talked for at lest an hour, and he is really a down to earth cool dude
One of the famous stories is when Shaq was a high schooler and introduced to Robinson. Robinson had no time for him. This was a high school kid. In contrast, Olajuwon was generous with his time.

Robinson could never hold Olajuwon's jock, anyways, when it mattered. Robinson racked up great stats in the regular season and then came up short in the playoffs. He was soft and as much of a hindrance as a help when it mattered. Unsurprisingly, when Duncan was brought in, he proved to be the better player.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,325 times
Conservatives want to stick it to largely Hispanic Miami and are largely too dumb to know San Antonio is equally if not more Latin just because its in Texas

Old 06-17-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Conservatives want to stick it to largely Hispanic Miami and are largely too dumb to know San Antonio is equally if not more Latin just because its in Texas
I doubt conservatives don't know that San Antonio has a massive Latin community. Further, I don't think most conservatives have some vendetta against Latinos, especially in Miami and San Antonio, which have a huge amount of multi-generational immigrants.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:14 PM

742 posts, read 678,233 times
Who cares like what you want!? Wow people are sooooo gone to conquer and divide of the two party system this worries them?

Old 06-17-2013, 08:57 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
no true conservative would watch the NBA. It sucks.
I'm partial to football myself, and am inclined to agree with you. The NBA definitely has become a joke.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Selfish? How selfish of him to want to play with the best and leave a crappy organization and subpar city. It may be selfish of him, but it's no more selfish than you or I moving to another city to advance our career.

Sorry, I know this isn't the topic, but I always get on my soapbox when LeBron comes up.
Subpar city huh? I'm not hearing a lot of good things about Chicago these days either.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
One of the famous stories is when Shaq was a high schooler and introduced to Robinson. Robinson had no time for him. This was a high school kid. In contrast, Olajuwon was generous with his time.

Robinson could never hold Olajuwon's jock, anyways, when it mattered. Robinson racked up great stats in the regular season and then came up short in the playoffs. He was soft and as much of a hindrance as a help when it mattered. Unsurprisingly, when Duncan was brought in, he proved to be the better player.
Since I do not know that much about how he interacted with others I can only go by my own experiences with me. I have also met Mutumbo at a D.C raggae concert (nice), played basketball (p/u) with Iverson (arrogant), Jordan same club (big headed) and the majority of the 84' spurs the night that Robinson got drafted. It think that it is interesting since I'm really not a big sports fan, I just kept running into some of them especially the ones that went to Pitt and Penn State and a few Steelers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies