Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 12:00 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,788 times

Advertisements

The generation that was given everything from their parents and destroyed everything for the later generations. What's another interesting point he made was that the Boomers complain about Millenials perverse lifestyle when it was them who influenced us with music and TV programs they produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Sal6N5OiE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 12:18 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
The generation that was given everything from their parents and destroyed everything for the later generations. What's another interesting point he made was that the Boomers complain about Millenials perverse lifestyle when it was them who influenced us with music and TV programs they produced.

Here in SE Michigan, we have the old UAW "workers" who make $30+/hr with insane benefits and the new UAW workers (relatives of the old UAW members) who start out at $14/hr and have s***y benefits. And if you aren't connected by blood to one of the old members, you can't even get the crappy job. If this bs didn't exist, US auto manufacturers could hire anyone off the streets at $20/hr and compete with foreign auto makers who have built plants in the non-union South. Of course, since the UAW is in bed with the DNC, this win-win will never happen until the last of the old UAW members are gone.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post

George Carlin has a source. he failed to mention that those same boomers passed medicare for their parents security as well as many programs young people now draw on and paid the bill. When SS became endangered they gee to pay higher SS rates. The difference is that they felt it their duty. Now days many younger people like Carlin only ask what they country can do for them; not what they can do for their country. its not all as is clearly seen by the numbers servicing their country at this vary time. Plus those who are getting fewer and fewer who support more and more within their own generation. If they are successful those same people call them evil while taking their money and even wanting for as some right they think they have. The believe that their is a right to other people wealth ahs never been higher or the dependency this this country by people perfect able to earn on their own. Numbers of Boomers supporting their gran children and great grand children ahs never been higher. I call BS and Carlin a clown which is what he really was despite right his opinions.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:50 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,024 times
George Carlin?

Really?

You attempt to give credence to a man who couldn't put together a complete sentence without three four-letter words in it?

Maybe this thread would be better suited om the "Entertainment" forum,...it's a joke.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
George Carlin?

Really?

You attempt to give credence to a man who couldn't put together a complete sentence without three four-letter words in it?

Maybe this thread would be better suited om the "Entertainment" forum,...it's a joke.
He is a comedian, you expect a comedian not to use curse words?

He is right in a sense, there are a good number of boomers who turned from the way millennials are now but now because they are starring them 20 or so year later, they don't like it. I am sure we are all like that in someway to be honest.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:31 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,557 times
I know you can't believe everything on the internet, but, many sites I looked at say he died in 2008 at the age of 71. Born in 1937.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:37 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I know you can't believe everything on the internet, but, many sites I looked at say he died in 2008 at the age of 71. Born in 1937.
Why is that a head slap? I don't think he was exempting himself in talking about his generation.

I was a little confused by the previous poster who mentioned "Younger people like Carlin" however.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He is a comedian, you expect a comedian not to use curse words?

He is right in a sense, there are a good number of boomers who turned from the way millennials are now but now because they are starring them 20 or so year later, they don't like it. I am sure we are all like that in someway to be honest.
So people can't be a comedian unless they use curse words? Some of the world's greatest comedians never uttered a profanity,...Red Skelton, Andy Griffith, Bob Hope, Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Cosby. Recognize any of these?

As for the "boomer bashing",....I've heard it all before, and it makes no more sense now than previously. Most of those who hate the boomers are just jealous, or not willing to make the sacrifices to make their lives better.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
So people can't be a comedian unless they use curse words? Some of the world's greatest comedians never uttered a profanity,...Red Skelton, Andy Griffith, Bob Hope, Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Cosby. Recognize any of these?

As for the "boomer bashing",....I've heard it all before, and it makes no more sense now than previously. Most of those who hate the boomers are just jealous, or not willing to make the sacrifices to make their lives better.
I am not debating you cannot do comedy without using those words and if you can be funny without being obscene and I think you are a better comedian. Look at Dave Coulier's stand-up act versus his Full House cast-mate Bob Saget's. Coulier is family friendly while Saget you cannot imagine him as an 80's sitcom dad if you hear his stand-up. FYI, I don't find Seinfeld funny.

I will not debate your view on the boomers. I am not debating they made sacrifice and that there are people who are jealous but other things PERHAPS are warranted even if they are from a comedian such as George Carlin.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I am not debating you cannot do comedy without using those words and if you can be funny without being obscene and I think you are a better comedian. Look at Dave Coulier's stand-up act versus his Full House cast-mate Bob Saget's. Coulier is family friendly while Saget you cannot imagine him as an 80's sitcom dad if you hear his stand-up. FYI, I don't find Seinfeld funny.

I will not debate your view on the boomers. I am not debating they made sacrifice and that there are people who are jealous but other things PERHAPS are warranted even if they are from a comedian such as George Carlin.

George Carlin was nothing more than a stand-up Rush Limbaugh. Both were/are simply entertainers who made/make money selling their verbal wares. Neither are political gurus, and neither have much in common with with the majority of Americans.

It never ceases to amaze me that anyone would take George Carlin seriously,...but some put political stock in a lot of Hollywood types who make their money pretending to be someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies