Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 02:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Am I for gun restrictions and limitations, preventing certain types of people from being able to get a gun? Yes, I am very much for that, do I want to get rid of all the guns? No, that is childish thinking.

Yeah, if the government wants me to pass a background check after my parents pass away to receive his guns, I would either pay for it or I would tell them to keep the guns. It is that simple.
Why should you pay for something likely to be just yours? The hell with that. I have my Dads guns I took from my little brother when he passed. Depending I guess my guns will be added to my wife's guns and maybe some will go to my son and my grandson. No government goons allowed.

Your ideas on what authority a friggin public SERVANT has are way out of line as i see things. I have the POWER they SERVE ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Why should you pay for something likely to be just yours? The hell with that. I have my Dads guns I took from my little brother when he passed. Depending I guess my guns will be added to my wife's guns and maybe some will go to my son and my grandson. No government goons allowed.

Your ideas on what authority a friggin public SERVANT has are way out of line as i see things. I have the POWER they SERVE ME.
Well seeing that I am not a felon, I would pass a background check very easily.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
So you want the Government to come in, search your parents home (efter they die) from top to bottom for any firearms he might have, and only release them to you after you've proven that you aren't a criminal? Sorta guilty until proven innocent?

Any other items you'd like them to confiscate from the home before you're allowed in?
he's likely to give up the gold hard coin too i bet. After all FDR ban those as too dangerous for common man too!

This kid hasn't even ever once held any real money in his hand once but he thinks he knows it all. His tune has changed A LOT just recently.

I think he has come to understand his side and his argument is a dead horse. That pipe dream of a wave he was riding has become a ripple on a puddle.

Maybe one day he will understand poly tics are just leeches on the face of society like a wart.

They are here to serve US not themselves.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:14 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
This discussion is on the wrong forum.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
There are plenty of untraceable guns out there. You know, the one with the serial numbers filed off? Or maybe the ones that have been stolen? Anyway, good luck with your pointless crusade.
So if you have a registered gun, or even a non-registered gun and it is stolen, do you just say "oh well, guess I need to buy another gun." or do you report it being stolen? Seriously, sometime the gun lovers act like they are the most helpless bunch in the world.

So you have no interest in knowing where criminals get their guns, and want to cut off those routes of gun trafficking? Now that is talking naive.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
That is sad that you see horses as the same as cars, if I wreck a car, I am not going to be sad over the death of the vehicle.
As I said in my post, it's a mode of transportation and a way to earn a living. If someone has a working vehicle and lives paycheck to paycheck then any disruption to the cash flow will start a downward spiral.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Well who knows if I could be hit by a car when I cross the street, the world is full of chances, but I don't understand the need to be armed for a gun battle that will never come. Crime has been dropping drastically in this country as a whole.
Never? Statistically there is a slim chance but still a chance and I am prepared. Statistically, there's a slim chance I will have a house fire but I still have smoke detectors (8 I think) and a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.

This guy explains it better than I can - Rangemaster - Defense of self, family is a personal duty

Like you, I don't understand but what I don't understand is why someone wouldn't carry a gun. I don't criticize your choice to go through life unarmed and what I consider unprepared. But you and people like you are are trying to remove my ability to be prepared and I am resisting.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:29 PM

urbanlife78 You don't just find violent offenders in the city. I know for a fact you are no country boy and i bet the 2 couples who were rape murdered in Sawyer River were not very countrified either.

A map just ever so special for you. 2 different couples were rape murdered there... Show some respect. Cell phone were very new then but cell phone still don't work there now, so there is still no calling 911 and no point to try. It would time measured in hours.

Expand the map and you will see what used to be my little village, where I shot my bad guy. And if you just move north a very little bit to Nancy Brook trail at the height of land there i was threated by a bad boy and he had 7 more buddies.

he seemed very interested in taking my toddler son out of my back pack to smash his head on a tree.

I never did know which exact tree, because as I stared into his face looking for a soul he pee his pants as mu right hand motioned of the SUPER Blackhawk in .44 mag. Why I didn't even have to touch that gun in it;s home made shoulder holster.

You could say that gun saved 10 lives that day.

Hope you like the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=sawyer...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAg

Old 06-21-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
So if you have a registered gun, or even a non-registered gun and it is stolen, do you just say "oh well, guess I need to buy another gun." or do you report it being stolen? Seriously, sometime the gun lovers act like they are the most helpless bunch in the world.

So you have no interest in knowing where criminals get their guns, and want to cut off those routes of gun trafficking? Now that is talking naive.
A few years ago, a lot of them went from Mississippi to Chicago through straw purchasers associated with gang members. The licensed dealer who tipped the FBI and ATF to this was murdered in his store and the killer has not been found. That's a great incentive to help the feds.

Even when they find the straw purchaser, convictions are rare.

Finally, without any guns we would be like Mexico. The criminals with money would just import them illegally. Do you really think the cartel gets their AK-47s from the US at $1,500 each when they can get full auto models by the container load for $100 each?

Old 06-21-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
As I said in my post, it's a mode of transportation and a way to earn a living. If someone has a working vehicle and lives paycheck to paycheck then any disruption to the cash flow will start a downward spiral.
But what does that have to do with horses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies