Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 07:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its disrespectful to take up permanent residency in another country and refuse to adapt to the cultural ways of that country. Speaking out in public to someone you know who knows English in a different language is disrespectful. Its bad mannerisms like you would not burp in a restaurant or on public transportation.

Somethings should be done in private.

To add, if we were to emigrate to another country, we would be expected to assimilate into their culture, and learn their language. I'd expect nothing less. It's their "house" and their rules, so why should they have to cater to me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 07:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The objective of the "one worlders" is to allow the small economic elite to control the entire economy for their benefit and our cost. They have been pushing this idea for centuries and the only thing that has kept them from their universal dream is competing empires did not want to share. Well the competitors are increasingly being bought by the "one worlders" and will cease to maintain their differences. Eventually we will have one (economic) world dominated by investors and free of pesky nationalism and border restrictions.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The objective of the "one worlders" is to allow the small economic elite to control the entire economy for their benefit and our cost. They have been pushing this idea for centuries and the only thing that has kept them from their universal dream is competing empires did not want to share. Well the competitors are increasingly being bought by the "one worlders" and will cease to maintain their differences. Eventually we will have one (economic) world dominated by investors and free of pesky nationalism and border restrictions.

Why Greg, that sounds a bit New World Order-ish.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
My Grandmother paid her entire life for those benefits, it's not a handout.

Damn, your granny must have been young when she had your mom and you mom young when she had you!

Medicare has not been around for very long. 1965 is really not that long ago. I have not paid into it my whole life, and I'm a long way from having grandkids. 48 years old and a grannie... Ya, I can see it.

Sure your not thinking Social Security.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 AM

775 posts, read 740,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why don't you try living in the present? Today we do not restrict immigration based on race. So what is your point?
Another moron who doesn't understand the concept of reading in context.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
a king has his reign and then he dies. it's inevitable..his kingdom falls apart, there kingdom of the one world elite is falling part..

Old 06-18-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This didn't start in Jan 2009 nor Jan 2000.
It's been a slow determined march over time.
Incremental steps so small no one notices at first.
Then a few see it and speak out. We got names for them..racism, discrimination, hatred of the poor, paranoid, etc.
Then a few more see it but by now the majority are dependent on government.
And the majority will keep those in power that promise them free stuff.
And they don't care what else happens or what the government does.
And the government can say whatever they want.
As long as the free stuff continues.
While many look to Europe as a model, I look to the South American countries because that's what I think we're morphing into. That's where the majority of our immigrants are coming from. That is the life they know and replicate here. And they tend not to care too much about politics.

Between Obamacare and amnesty and the resettlement of 1.8 ME refugees I think our country is going to undergo more drastic changes in the next 5-10 years.
funny..when more people start waking up the more they see such nonsense is said only to use fear and intimidation to silence any dissent, that is what you have to love about the Statist left, they can ignore reality, but they cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

this will get better in this nation, but they will get worst before then...this our nation, our culture, it exist no where else, if it dies here it will be forever lost.

we will not allow this to happen.

Secure our borders, no amnesty, no compromise,

Old 06-18-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then why did we bother detecting from England, we should of stayed an English country so we could be all interested in whwt happens in Parliament in London.
the language as very very very common in the nation at the time of our founding, what would you have us do? create a new language.

beside the culture that was and is American is and will forever be different then that of
England/Europe.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You think that because you have a narrow view of "American culture." I am just as American as you and my grandparents didn't speak or write English when they came to America. There is no American culture that is solely English. Bagels, pizza and Chinese food are all part of American culture. As Michelle Backmann would say, to assume America is English culture takes a lot of chutzpah.
'Narrow view of American Culture" what believing that When men cannot communicate their thoughts to each other, simply because of difference of language, all the similarity of their common human nature is of no avail to unite them in fellowship?

That Language is perhaps the strongest, perhaps the most enduring link which unites men? that is Narrow minded view?

how can the immigrant participate fully in the American Civil Society?
They Cant.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Another moron who doesn't understand the concept of reading in context.
Moron? Real civil there, Sparky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies