Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,503,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I wanted to share this as well. It states that a government court did in fact rule prism unconstitutional but the doj ignored the judgement in 2011. Nice.
Obama also ignores the other branch of government, Congress.

Quote:
When are some of you going to wake up?
A lot of us are awake. But there's nothing we can do. That's the way it is under dictatorial rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 06:21 PM

233 posts, read 237,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Sorry if this hits a nerve. This entire Patriot Act is a Republican baby. Liberals have been fighting it for years. Where have you been the past 12 years? Welcome on board.
Fine! Why are so many liberals now in favor of the patriot act? Because you now have one of your own in? The far right was in favor of it when Bush was in, now they don't know what to do. I have said time and again, that you are all fricking sheep (left and the right). You are unable to think for yourself. You follow Bush, Obama, Mccain, Reid etc and they make the decisions for you!

Old 06-18-2013, 06:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,687,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Obama also ignores the other branch of government, Congress.

A lot of us are awake. But there's nothing we can do. That's the way it is under dictatorial rule.
Congress had to pass the extension of the Patriot Act before Obama could sign it into law.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes1981 View Post
Fine! Why are so many liberals now in favor of the patriot act? Because you now have one of your own in? The far right was in favor of it when Bush was in, now they don't know what to do. I have said time and again, that you are all fricking sheep (left and the right). You are unable to think for yourself. You follow Bush, Obama, Mccain, Reid etc and they make the decisions for you!
I didn't like the Patriot Act when Dubya started it and I don't like it now. I am fed up with the righties who defended it and now are outraged about it because there is a black, democrat president.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:30 PM

233 posts, read 237,994 times
Quote:
Congress had to pass the extension of the Patriot Act before Obama could sign it into law.
And the 4th amendment runs counter to it...what do you not get about this? The constitution is the document that are laws for the government to follow to protect the people. Now if they wish to have a debate on removal of the 4th amendment...FINE! But don't just say "the patriot act was passed by congress", even though it is in violation of the constitution and say its ok.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM

This is for all of you Bush fans:

Quote:
In a live, nationwide radio address, President Bush today acknowledged and defended his order to allow eavesdropping on people in the United States, and urged Congress to renew the terror-fighting Patriot Act.
Bush Defends Eavesdropping, Patriot Act

Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
And the 4th amendment runs counter to it...what do you not get about this? The constitution is the document that are laws for the government to follow to protect the people. Now if they wish to have a debate on removal of the 4th amendment...FINE! But don't just say "the patriot act was passed by congress", even though it is in violation of the constitution and say its ok.
Where have I said it is okay? I am amazed at how many righties finally woke up and realized how the Bush administration raped their constitutional rights!

Old 06-18-2013, 06:33 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,144,579 times
Quote:
Did anyone bother to actually read what the prism program does?

NSA Prism program taps in to user data of Apple, Google and others | World news | The Guardian

The National Security Agency has obtained direct access to the systems of Google, Facebook, Apple and other US internet giants, according to a top secret document obtained by the Guardian.

"The NSA access is part of a previously undisclosed program called Prism, which allows officials to collect material including search history, the content of emails, file transfers and live chats, the document says."

"The NSA access was enabled by changes to US surveillance law introduced under President Bush and renewed under Obama in December 2012."

"The program facilitates extensive, in-depth surveillance on live communications and stored information. The law allows for the targeting of any customers of participating firms who live outside the US, or those Americans whose communications include people outside the US.

It also opens the possibility of communications made entirely within the US being collected without warrants."

When are some of you going to wake up?

I wonder if the feds can break private encryption?

Old 06-18-2013, 06:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,174,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I wonder if the feds can break private encryption?
Either that or they got warrants to get the private keys for decryption.
Since it's top secret no one can talk..except Snowden.
So we wait and see.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:44 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,089,539 times
Quote:
The only difference is we have a black, democrat president!
Quote:
I am fed up with the righties who defended it and now are outraged about it because there is a black, democrat president.
Quote:
I am amazed at how many righties finally woke up and realized how the Bush administration raped their constitutional rights!
Are you at least intellectually honest enough to give libertarians credit for being opposed to the Patriot Act since the beginning?

Ron Paul on the Patriot Act - 2003 - YouTube

The Unpatriot Act by Rep. Ron Paul

Reconsidering the Patriot Act by Rep. Ron Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies