Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_mac View Post
Twitter, 3 hours ago.
Makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Who sold the slaves to be put on those ships?

Oh yea, other blacks did.
But who did the buying? Who established slave-trading posts?

http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/dis...tID=2&psid=445

Old 06-19-2013, 05:59 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Lil Wayne tramples on American flag in video, raps this is 'sweet land of kill 'em all' | Fox News

Ok.....I've had enuff of this...............

I swear....we are doomed as a nation.......and just look at the ignorant masses just standing there cheering him on.....idolizing him. A country that has afforded this moron all the riches and fame he wanted! Money that could allow him to live elsewhere!! But where does he live???

Hypocrties!! A his stupid fans are so brainwashed they don't see it!! See those people standing there?? That's our future!!
I never listened to Li'l Wayne before. I've thought of him as just stupid. He made fun of Emmitt Till, and now he stomps on an American flag. I will never buy his music. However, I've learned boycotting his music won't stop him from acting like a fool.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:06 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Its hard to say. I guess you could make a very strong case that it was just a case of everyone around him and Wayne himself included having very empty noggins but that goes without saying with the music they were there listening to.
An act of malicious disrespect to get attention or simple idiotic unthinking brainlessness and carelessness? Its a sad commentary on the state of the country, regardless.
His music sucks and his on stage persona is that of aslow child on crack, BTW.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:24 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Meh. Nobody cares about Lil Wayne or the American flag anymore (which was definitely made in China).
"which was definitely made in China"

And what great wisdom do you have that can support such a definative ignorant statement?

I bought my flag at Wal-Mart and it was made in New Jersey.

Some only make fools of themselves by making statement on things they have NO idea of what they are talking about.

It is a real shame that so many have absolutely no pride in their country and the flag that represents us.

They is standard protocol in how the flag is handled.

One of the no-nos is tat the flag shall NOT touch the ground.

The fact that they PURPOSELY DROPPED THE FLAG ON THE GROUND shows me his "people" are ignorant about such protocols or just don't give a damn.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Curious, isn't it?

Righties,
What is worse: stepping on the American flag or leaking America's classified, security information to other countries?
Most people can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Why does one HAVE to be worse than the other?

Old 06-19-2013, 06:31 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
So freedom of speech applies to everyone except for rappers *cough* black people *cough*?

Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
They're not our future, bro. In 20 years they'll be in the same place they are now.

Anyways, you're contributing to his money stash by giving him publicity. Just ignore him.
Yes they are.........they will be the tax burdens for the welfare system........drug users .........criminals.....they will follow his lead.....he'll be dead. But they will carry on his crap.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:56 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
So you worship the flag, but care little for the rights that it actually stands for. Is a piece of fabric more important to you than the 1st Amendment rights granted by the US Constitution?
That's the usual 6 year-old response on something like this.....

It's impossible to explain the difference between worship and respect to someone who ask the question you just did! LOL

We all have the right to do and say stupid stuff. That's the 2-edge sword of freedom. But it's funny how lefties like you don't know think about how some freedoms can hurt the very country you live in.

Just because I can do something doesn't mean I should do that thing.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:01 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Holy cow.

His Twitter explanation seems reasonable: the flag fell and he did not notice it.

I particulary like those herein who claim that they will 'never buy' Lil Wayne's recordings, as if they had been previously a huge purchaser of his records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies