Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:20 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So what.
Freedom of speech.
Do you wear flags on your clothes?
Probably made in China.
Agreed.

Funny quote about American flag pins on clothes made in CHina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Meh. Nobody cares about Lil Wayne or the American flag anymore (which was definitely made in China).

Old 06-18-2013, 08:23 AM

442 posts, read 800,419 times
^I have flag pyjamas, mofo.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Lil Wayne tramples on American flag in video, raps this is 'sweet land of kill 'em all' | Fox News

Ok.....I've had enuff of this...............

I swear....we are doomed as a nation.......and just look at the ignorant masses just standing there cheering him on.....idolizing him. A country that has afforded this moron all the riches and fame he wanted! Money that could allow him to live elsewhere!! But where does he live???

Hypocrties!! A his stupid fans are so brainwashed they don't see it!! See those people standing there?? That's our future!!
They're not our future, bro. In 20 years they'll be in the same place they are now.

Anyways, you're contributing to his money stash by giving him publicity. Just ignore him.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Wow..so many don't care what one does with the US Flag.
It's just a piece of cloth..eh ?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
The dude is just exercising his constitutional rights, whether or not I like what he's doing. (Hint...I don't)

Are the constant calls for seccession any less traitorous?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I just find it funny that there's outcry about one person desecrating the flag and the country it represents, when there's an entire section of the population that proudly flies the flag of traitors.
Curious, isn't it?

Righties,
What is worse: stepping on the American flag or leaking America's classified, security information to other countries?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
... and just look at the ignorant masses just standing there cheering him on.....idolizing him.
Maybe I need glasses, because when I look at the video contained in the link you provided I don't see anyone "cheering him on." Onlookers have blank stares on their faces, from what I see. If You'll see in the video that he didn't "stomp" on the flag, either. He walked on the flag while performing his music video. I can understand someone being upset if someone walks on the flag because I think that's disrespectful, but stomping on a flag is far more aggrivating. He didn't stomp on the flag. Huge difference. But if we truly believe in our rights guaranteed by either the Constitution or Bill of Rights we shouldn't object to someone exercising their rights ... even though what they do is objectionable to us. All too many men and women have given their lives, and hundreds of thousands have been wounded ... so that we have the right to either fly the flag proudly ... or stomp on it. If you love this country, you'll understand these things.

Last edited by gomexico; 06-18-2013 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: Additional text

Old 06-18-2013, 08:34 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wow..so many don't care what one does with the US Flag.
It's just a piece of cloth..eh ?
There are better things to get upset about. I'm not like you. I can't get my panties in a bunch over every little thing that happens.

If Lil Wayne wants to do this, he can. It's not illegal. I'm actually doing a better job of discouraging this behavior by ignoring it than you are by getting mad about it. Anyone who dances on the flag just wants publicity.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
The best reason for not desecrating the American flag is because it stands for your right to desecrate it.

This country suffers from a serious case of ingratitude; we've had too many generations go by whose freedoms haven't been challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies