Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 10:31 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Possibly with the subservient/inferior/lesser mindset they're not thinking of their relatives but of the gals they want to have relationships with.
Perhaps in some cases. However I do think if someone was raised in a household where women were considered less than they will be more likely to want to find a woman who adheres to the subservient/lesser mindset, because that what was modeled to them.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
A minisciule minority
Wow, not just a minority but a minisciule (sic) one, eh? I didn't realize your knowledge in this field was so precise. I assume you have research results to show me, then, and aren't just pulling such a specific and bold statement out of your arse. Could I see a link to that, please?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:33 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
No we are not hence the different genders.

Yes I think a guy would dare to oppress or insult a highly intelligent and assertive gal and it's most likely to happen in my experiences/observations as guys tend to label such gals as stuck up, *****, ****, dyke, feminazi, skank, or going after her looks. That labeling reaction gives an inkling to sexism because due to her having a vagina she's not regarded as intelligent or assertive but insulted as her being assertive = her being uppity/mouthy/PMSing.
All I can say is that I was raised by a mother and have a sister who did exactly what they wanted and they NEVER blamed anyone for success or failure...My mother was a successful and independent business lady and she was also a great musical performer...My sister has traveled all over the world and has made a million - lost a million and made a million....my eldest daughter is about to embark on a trip to Africa then to India then back to Africa...She will be negotiating with people to make the world a better place--- she has no formal education....she is assertive and intelligent - and never blamed a man for anything.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 AM

855 posts, read 1,384,276 times
It takes two to make a marriage work. It takes courage, faith, honour and trust between two people. Lovin' is easy when all these factors are on the table.

Divorce can come rather quickly when any one of these is missing.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
All I can say is that I was raised by a mother and have a sister who did exactly what they wanted and they NEVER blamed anyone for success or failure...My mother was a successful and independent business lady and she was also a great musical performer...My sister has traveled all over the world and has made a million - lost a million and made a million....my eldest daughter is about to embark on a trip to Africa then to India then back to Africa...She will be negotiating with people to make the world a better place--- she has no formal education....she is assertive and intelligent - and never blamed a man for anything.
Quite telling that all you can say doesn't address that your claim we're all men and that it's not likely a guy who oppose an intelligent and assertive gal is is false.

Acknowledging societal problems is not blaming men. Acknowledging gender discrimination, female victim-blaming and shaming, and the lack of equality gals have is not blaming men.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:37 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Yep. It was completely set up by men to favor men. And there's relatively recent research showing that men are happier when married, while women are happier when single, so in some ways it still favors us.
So not true

Last edited by Camlon; 06-19-2013 at 10:50 AM..

Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
A minisciule minority...going by the popularity of treating gals as subservient/inferior/lesser and memes like Good Girl Gina? Perhaps your perception of subservient/inferior/lesser is different from the many many guys that hold it as their view is an equally contributing partner they treat as lessers. There isn't any responsibility for her as she's responsible for herself if anything she's more responsible for him than he is for her fulfilling whatever demands he makes while having none to little herself.
From my perspective, I do not find it is a "miniscule minority" at all, but we all have different experiences. I have spent my entire career as one of the few woman working in a very heavy male-dominated professional field (engineering), and I ran into very few men (if any) who treated me as subservient/inferior/lower mindset. The men I have worked with have been the best of mentors and treated me equally.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Wow, not just a minority but a minisciule (sic) one, eh? I didn't realize your knowledge in this field was so precise. I assume you have research results to show me, then, and aren't just pulling such a specific and bold statement out of your arse. Could I see a link to that, please?
Nowhere did I state, suggest, or imply my knowledge in this field was so precise in fact I was posing it as a question. I don't need research results to show you since I wasn't making a statement but asking a question. I'm guessing either you're a butthurt male reacting emotionally or that you lack reading comprehension as it wasn't a statement but a question. Seems more like you need to see the post again as what I said was: A minisciule minority...going by the popularity of treating gals as subservient/inferior/lesser and memes like Good Girl Gina?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
From my perspective, I do not find it is a "miniscule minority" at all, but we all have different experiences. I have spent my entire career as one of the few woman working in a very heavy male-dominated professional field (engineering), and I ran into very few men (if any) who treated me as subservient/inferior/lower mindset. The men I have worked with have been the best of mentors and treated me equally.
In this case we certainly do as in my experiences/observations I find in any male-dominated area much less heavily male-dominated there's prevalent misogyny, sexism against gals, and regarding gals as subservient/inferior/lesser. I ran into very very very few heterosexual guys who didn't treat gals as subservient/inferior/lesser and of those most were that didn't most wanted to but felt they couldn't get away with it.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
So not true
Nice cherry picking. I'm going to assume that in your Google search you also saw the studies to which I'm referring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies