Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
It wouldn't be the first or only time the Clinton administration lied; it wouldn't be the first or only time Fox News has lied. So for the moment I'll call it a draw.
People died and Clinton lied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 PM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
My thoughts on this from day one were always that the US Navy accidentally shot down this flight and it was covered up because at the time the Clinton Administration was on shaky ground and they didn't want a massive negative PR scandal.
Dig into those who were involved in that training exercise and you'd probably find some promotions and suspicious deaths.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:13 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
Here's a weird one. Six members of the original investigation team into the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800 near Long Island, now say that the NTSB falsified the cause of the crash.
No surprise at all....... In fact it may be exactly what happend!

Old 06-19-2013, 08:35 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
Here's a weird one. Six members of the original investigation team into the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800 near Long Island, now say that the NTSB falsified the cause of the crash.
No surprise at all....... In fact it may be exactly what happend!
I'd like to see this "evidence" they say they have.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
My thoughts on this from day one were always that the US Navy accidentally shot down this flight and it was covered up because at the time the Clinton Administration was on shaky ground and they didn't want a massive negative PR scandal.
Dig into those who were involved in that training exercise and you'd probably find some promotions and suspicious deaths.
As a former sailor I can tell you that the Navy does not target practice on civilian airliners. The Navy does not sit off our own coast and lock firecontrol radars on jets taking off and play games with Missiles. It does not happen.
People have no idea what it takes to load up for a shoot.
Let us also not forget that the Clinton Administration was anything but friendly to the Military. If the Navy screwed up the Clinto Admin would have enjoyed delivering a solid black eye to the Navy.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I'm pretty skeptical myself, if for no other reason than if it were true it would be far too monstrous to cover up.

The evidence left by an "ordnance explosion outside the aircraft" would certainly be very different from any evidence of a gas tank explosion inside the plane. Even if an external explosion then set off the fuel tank, the marks from the external explosion would remain.

Huge numbers of people would have to have been actively involved with any coverup. And not ONE of them said a word, until now? With two hundred Americans dead? Pretty hard to believe.

I'd be VERY interested in this "evidence" they are reported to have. It would have to be pretty solid, pretty incontrovertible. And if it is, why did they sit on it for 17 years?
This, all of it.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post

That is the difference between skeptics and conspiracy theorists

My thought was

Holy $hit a plane blew up, what happened
People thought they saw missile .. maybe a terrorist
oh, they were just confused by the aircraft breaking up and point of view, oh I see
A spark cause this due to jet fumes?Will that happen when I fly?
Airliners don't want to add the expense to add inert gas to these tanks. . .sheesh
Interesting, sounds like airlines are slowly installing this system

See. . .no where on that list did I just randomly make up events about Navy, Aliens, etc.

If your sentence starts with Day 1 I believed X, and I've been searching ever since to confirm that.. you know you are a conspiracy nut

The claim here by this Documentary is extraordinary

and I'm betting they don't have the extraordinary evidence to back it up. We all need a little Carl Sagan in our view of these events.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:59 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
If it HAD to be "not an accident", my guess would have to be terrorists, who somehow got hold of a heat-seeking missile with enough capability to reach a plane at 14,000 feet from the ground. (I believe Stingers can't do that, but there are other, larger portable missiles that can). But how would they get such a thing in the United States, and why did no one find the launch vessel?

As I said, I'd like very much to see this "evidence" these six govt investigators say they have.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:02 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
If it HAD to be "not an accident", my guess would have to be terrorists, who somehow got hold of a heat-seeking missile with enough capability to reach a plane at 14,000 feet from the ground. (I believe Stingers can't do that, but there are other, larger portable missiles that can). But how would they get such a thing in the United States, and why did no one find the launch vessel?

As I said, I'd like very much to see this "evidence" these six govt investigators say they have.
Yet a terrorist attack, by its very nature, is good for governments. They allow growth in power, allow more funding, etc. In fact the conspiracy theorists on 9/11, Sandy Hook, etc all point at that for a reason to allow/promote attacks.

If it was a terrorist attack. . .where is the incentive to hid it? Why would the FBI send a team to investigate in parallel, and then pull back?

The only incentive to hide an event would be the Navy missile item. . .and that is such a ridiculous claim that it pretty much discredits the very idea that they covered it up.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,643 times
If I remember right, wasnt this the plane crash where quite a few people claimed that it was an accidental missile launch from a navy ship?

If so, and there is evidence of an ordnance explosion, the USG has some splainin to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies