Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 02:25 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Here's a weird one. Six members of the original investigation team into the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800 near Long Island, now say that the NTSB falsified the cause of the crash. Weirder, they now say they can prove that "one or more ordinance explosions outside the aircraft" caused it.

An "ordnance explosion" could be a bomb, missile warhead, anti-aircraft shell, etc... and couldn't be much else.

If they can actually prove that... how could this not become a huge scandal, dwarfing all else? Even if that administration is long gone?

Conspiracy theories on the crash have been numerous, of course. But these are the actual investigators themselves...?

---------------------------------------------------

TWA Flight 800 investigators break silence in new documentary, claim original conclusion about cause of crash is wrong | Fox News

TWA Flight 800 investigators break silence in new documentary, claim original conclusion about cause of crash is wrong

Published June 18, 2013
FoxNews.com

A group of whistleblowers, including a number of aviation experts, have come forward in a new documentary to claim that the official explanation for the crash of TWA Flight 800 was wrong and a gas tank explosion did not bring down the flight off the coast of Long Island 17 years ago.

However, the six whistleblowers, all part of the original investigation team, stopped short of saying the plane was shot down.
No, no, no... I got it from a certain team of "crack investigators", that it was Obama shooting it down from his bi-plane, while sneaking into the Country from his home base in Kenya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 02:27 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why does it make someone a conspiracy nut who questions something?.

Definition of conspiracy nut

1) conspiracy is the first and primary cause, before any evidence available
2) all evidence is sifted to ensure 1 is not called into question using confirmation bias
3) extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence are the norm

US navy had a live fire exercise
THEN US navy locked onto a commercial jet
THEN us navy fired
THEN US Navy and crew covered it up
THEN the FAA, FBI, and Media went along with it
THEN the crew of the Navy ship went along with it

It requires a huge house of cards

Old 06-19-2013, 02:34 PM

10,227 posts, read 6,308,428 times
I was at my daughter's softball game on the North Shore of Suffolk county. Game was in extra innings and I looked at my watch and then stretched looking up at the sky. I saw a bright ball of light with a contrail in the sky. It made no sound and was pretty low in the sky. It was travelling in a SE direction. I watched it trying to see something other than the ball of light but couldn't before it disappeared over the trees.

This happened at least 15 minutes before the plane crashed. There were others on the North Shore, and even in Connecticut, who saw this before the plane exploded, but we were told that what we saw was the debris of the plane in the sky. BEFORE the plane exploded? Something very wrong here from both the timeline and the location of where those of us were.

If you have read about the investigation, you will have heard of Commander Donaldson. He contacted me and I had several conversations with him. Do I have an explanation? No, but I know what I saw, where I was, and definitely the TIME of what I saw. Missile? Comet? Metorite? Don't know, but I know it was not plane debris that I saw.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I was at my daughter's softball game on the North Shore of Suffolk county. Game was in extra innings and I looked at my watch and then stretched looking up at the sky. I saw a bright ball of light with a contrail in the sky. It made no sound and was pretty low in the sky. It was travelling in a SE direction. I watched it trying to see something other than the ball of light but couldn't before it disappeared over the trees.

This happened at least 15 minutes before the plane crashed. There were others on the North Shore, and even in Connecticut, who saw this before the plane exploded, but we were told that what we saw was the debris of the plane in the sky. BEFORE the plane exploded? Something very wrong here from both the timeline and the location of where those of us were.

If you have read about the investigation, you will have heard of Commander Donaldson. He contacted me and I had several conversations with him. Do I have an explanation? No, but I know what I saw, where I was, and definitely the TIME of what I saw. Missile? Comet? Metorite? Don't know, but I know it was not plane debris that I saw.
I wouldn't be so sure it wasn't debris you saw. Ever watch that show Air Disasters? I watch it regularly. There was an episode that people thought they saw a missile or something shoot a jet down that exploded in mid air and it turn out to be a piece of the internals of a failing engine that landed miles away from the other wreckage. It had a contrail and flames too. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying, don't be so sure that it wasn't. Since it exploded over water, that makes it harder to find that piece of debris if that's what it was.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:06 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,364,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I wouldn't be so sure it wasn't debris you saw. Ever watch that show Air Disasters? I watch it regularly. There was an episode that people thought they saw a missile or something shoot a jet down that exploded in mid air and it turn out to be a piece of the internals of a failing engine that landed miles away from the other wreckage. It had a contrail and flames too. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying, don't be so sure that it wasn't. Since it exploded over water, that makes it harder to find that piece of debris if that's what it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
... This happened at least 15 minutes before the plane crashed. ... I know what I saw, where I was, and definitely the TIME of what I saw.
Seems like Jo48 saw this thing before the plane came apart. How can you construe his sighting to be debris from the plane?

Old 06-19-2013, 04:18 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
I wonder what the Govt would tell us about Sept 11 if there had only been 1 plane hit a tower at night without all the video ?

Pilot error ?

Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
Seems like Jo48 saw this thing before the plane came apart. How can you construe his sighting to be debris from the plane?
On the other hand, 15 minutes would make for the slowest missile ever observed...

Old 06-19-2013, 04:25 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I wonder what the Govt would tell us about Sept 11 if there had only been 1 plane hit a tower at night without all the video ?

Pilot error ?
What makes you think that? The Gvt. at the time used 9/11 to jumpstart their own little pet invasion project in the Middle East, remember?

Old 06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,364,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
On the other hand, 15 minutes would make for the slowest missile ever observed...
Easier to believe than the idea it was debris from the plane, IMO.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
LOL No doubt.
The surface to air missile used by the Navy flies at about mach 3.5. Roughly 44 miles a minute. Max range is 90 miles.
Enough said.
Next question please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies