Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
By a conservative Republican employee.

But just to fair I can understand that he was trying to do his job. Oh and none of the groups were denied the status.

I believe that all 501(c)(4) groups should be made to reapply so that politics are kept out of the non-profit tax area
The label was placed there by Cummings. Cummings has said many things he has never been able to back up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 04:28 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is no conspiracy on my part. The IG investigation confirmed it.

It's why we are having this discussion. It's why Lerner has pled the 5th and it's reported others have been fired.

Only those against the presidents positions were targeted. Washington played a role in all of this. We are still trying to determine as to what extent.

You said the implication was incorrect. That is your position. Prove it and answer my questions.
Uh, no. I've said my piece. I'm not getting involved in one of your endless semantically pedantic back and forths. When you find out what role Washington played in it, you let us know.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:29 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Link?

Perhaps you can explain away why only groups that were counter to the presidents positions were targeted while not a one that supported his positions were.

You can claim it all to be a big coincidence but nobody really believes that.

Those counter to the presidents positions were targeted.
Proof the IRS Didn't Target Just Conservatives - Garance Franke-Ruta - The Atlantic

Old 06-19-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Uh, no. I've said my piece. I'm not getting involved in one of your endless semantically pedantic back and forths. When you find out what role Washington played in it, you let us know.
I'm sure I will. I wouldn't want to try and defend what you said either.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:58 PM

You will find nowhere that I said that they only targeted conservatives. I really wish you that feel some unknown reason to defend the IRS here would stick to what people say as opposed to continually trying to twist it.

Please, read a little slower and address what is said, not what you think it says.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:46 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
I'm sure I will. I wouldn't want to try and defend what you said either.
I don't take kindly to orders. Thanks anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies