Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 05:42 AM

5,724 posts, read 3,237,701 times

Advertisements

Made me think of a song from 1982.....

The Alan Parsons Project " eye in the sky " - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
If they fly drones to kill they can drive your cars
they have eyes in the skies they can read your mind...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 05:47 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,525,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It's because he was a liberal, right?
no because he was an idiot. that's why he was liberal as well. at least now he's a good liberal.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:13 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,553,374 times
The problem also is corporate , controlled media in this country no longer has any integrity.

It isn't surprising people wit a brain question the mainstream "script" provided these days.

alec baldwin rants on twitter are not news , a journalist dying is, yet the trash for cash news today talks about baldwin and paula deen. Its sickening.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:03 PM

3,938 posts, read 5,073,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
The problem also is corporate , controlled media in this country no longer has any integrity.

It isn't surprising people wit a brain question the mainstream "script" provided these days.

alec baldwin rants on twitter are not news , a journalist dying is, yet the trash for cash news today talks about baldwin and paula deen. Its sickening.
Now you know how Rome collapsed - by "Bread and Circuses".

It's really sad about Michael Hastings but hopefully some other young reporter will rise to the occasion to fill his shoes. What fun is it watching your country collapse under the weight of its own corruption without a good journalists to chronicle the descent for future generations.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:51 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,158,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I thought this was interesting take.
Jim Stone is so far over the edge, I am not sure you could even get tin foil to go near him.

He wrote an article about jewish people and called the Kol nidre prayer a prayer to satan?

Jimstonefreelance.com - The new root of truth.

BTW, I find the melody of the Kol Nidre forceful, enchanting, and beautiful. There is not another melody I am aware of that can touch the heart and soul as this one does, and nobody who as ever read it that I am aware of till I read this piece of garbage from Jim Stone has ever compared to to anything involving satan.

People like him are scary, because somehow they actually believe their own tripe.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:48 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,542,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Jim Stone is so far over the edge, I am not sure you could even get tin foil to go near him.

He wrote an article about jewish people and called the Kol nidre prayer a prayer to satan?

BTW, I find the melody of the Kol Nidre forceful, enchanting, and beautiful. There is not another melody I am aware of that can touch the heart and soul as this one does, and nobody who as ever read it that I am aware of till I read this piece of garbage from Jim Stone has ever compared to to anything involving satan.

People like him are scary, because somehow they actually believe their own tripe.
I like him, and find him to be an excellent writer. What is your motivation for ridiculing him? If you don't like him, don't read him. He is dead on about the facts not adding up on Hastings, and I have no reason to question his experience with the synagogue, it's possible.
Anyway, he is off topic.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:51 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,542,487 times
Quote:
Police and firefighters in Los Angeles have been ordered not to speak to the media about the deadly crash involving Rolling Stone journalist Michael Hastings, fueling speculation that some form of cover-up could be underway.

The journalist added that she talked to “military personnel” who commented that the inferno which consumed Hastings’ Mercedes was an extremely hot fire that “is not something you normally see with a car like this,” and that Mercedes itself was waiting to hear from the LAPD but has not been contacted.

Dvorak also noted that the engine from Hastings’ vehicle was found 150 feet behind the car, contradicting testimony from two university physics professors who said that “the engine would go with the forward velocity of the (vehicle).”

Highlighting the absence of skid marks on the road, Dvorak said she was inclined to surmise that the car either malfunctioned or “there was something on the car that allowed that to trigger and blow up,” noting that Mercedes denied their vehicle could have exploded in the manner seen in the incident that killed Hastings.
» Police, Firefighters Ordered Not To Speak About Michael Hastings Crash Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,917,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post

Well I guess it is all relative. The issue seems to not be whether something is over the top, but rather true or not. Right?

As I understand it, regarding your issues. He didn't have much opinion either way and only experienced what he claimed after years of living with the group in question. He described it like night in day. How they changed their behavior radically, once you were "in".

As to the comment in bold, I don't recall seeing that. Not sure if your are summarizing or what. I find the whole bathed in the blood eating the body thing extremely creepy in some religions, but apparently that is a matter of opinion, which people are entitled.

As I understand he is former alphabet, not sure of what training or skills there.

Last edited by CDusr; 07-09-2013 at 09:05 AM..

Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
The engine was found 150 feet BEHIND the wreaked car? That cannot be true. If it is there are a lot of questions to be asked and answered. Engines simply do not fall out of cars.

Has there been any recent news about the investigation?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:03 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,900,268 times
R.I.P

Definitely not a good journalist..but doesn't mean he deserved to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies