Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:13 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Do you think anyone who helped elect him would understand what they are now seeing now after 7 years of this mess? We (the nation) would have been better off with a monkey in office flipping a coin to make the decisions. Seven years of destroying a nation I worry about the last year and what he can do with that!
Look I in the middle when it comes to politics. Basically I think both parties suck and that any third party doesn't have a frickin prayer.
That being said. George and his crew have mucked things up. But remember it our fault for him being in office. Granted Kerry is no prize. (this coming from a born and raised baystater.) I realized that the Americans (with the exception of those are or have been war veteran.) are a bunch of pu$$ies that would rather live on there knees than die on there feet. Terrorist here, Terrorist there, were all going to die. live in fear. Well guess what. You're eventually going to die either way. whether it by a car accident, disease, or terrorism. So get over yourselves. And try to life second of your life to the fullest because it could actually be your last second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 09:15 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Default water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
Well, since planet Earth is now experiencing a decline in oil production, since we have exhausted many of our oil fields, along with other natural reasources, prices will keep going higher until we change our energy consumption habits. Either we change or the prices will force us to change. I admit, it is a very frightening situation, not just for the U.S. but the world as a whole.
Wait until we start running out of fresh water. Then the fun is really going to begin.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:15 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Maybe we should let King George stay in power so we have a clear idea of who to blame
No thanks. The actual thrill of blaming others is so short lived although some seem to live by it.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Do you think anyone who helped elect him would understand what they are now seeing now after 7 years of this mess? We (the nation) would have been better off with a monkey in office flipping a coin to make the decisions. Seven years of destroying a nation I worry about the last year and what he can do with that!
I realized Bush was a mistake after I had already voted for him once. Did not vote for him a second time as his first 4 years proved he was not a true conservative. He pushed the boundaries of playing world police FAR worse than Clinton ever did, and that was one of the main reasons I voted for Bush. He lied, he lost my vote. The mainstream Republicans have lost my vote. Pretty much all mainstream candidates have lost my vote unless I can convince myself that they are truly different from the other puppets. There are very few like that. I think I'd rather vote for someone who is truthful and doesn't support my views than someone who lies and supports my views. And someone who is both truthful and supports some of my views will definitely get my vote.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:45 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
I think there are VERY FEW that are not corporate interest puppets, on both sides of the fence. Unfortunately I agree, 3rd party candidates don't have much of a chance, it takes too much money to get elected and influence. The Dems/Reps control the presidential debates and they made sure Nader couldn't be in the debates, they will make sure no other 3rd party candidate will be in the future.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
Interestingly enough, part of the Soviets' demise was their involving themselves in a 'quick-sand' style war (the more you fight the more you sink)

I don't think a lower dollar and these wars will spell the end, however, because we don't necessarily have to 'be on top' in order to thrive. A lower dollar definitely means more expensive imports (all types). Domestic production will probably increase because exporting will become cheaper and it will no longer be cost-effective to outsource jobs to other countries.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 AM

559 posts, read 1,323,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Wait until we start running out of fresh water. Then the fun is really going to begin.
Yeah, that is also a bummer. Well have to see how Atlanta deals with their situation, because it could become more common.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
Gas prices jump back above $3 a gallon - Yahoo! News (broken link)

more on gas prices. $3.50 to $4.00 by next summer...?
I wonder how high the gas prices will have to go until we see smaller/more gas efficient vehicles on the road. Up here, in Central MA, I would say more than 50% of the vehicles on the road are gas guzzling HUGE pick-ups and SUV's.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:17 PM

170 posts, read 846,967 times
This oil and fuel situation is getting out of control. That is why I am amazed that we have not begun to seriously consider alternative energy.

I have followed the development of Brazil's sugar based ethanol for years and have even visited the plants where they are processed. To put it simply: It is the greatest thing to happen in recent history.

For those who don't know, Brazil is now self-sufficient in their energy sector. No more depending on the Middle-East or Venezuela for oil. Their fuel prices do not fluctuate everytime a suicide bomber goes off in the middle-east or Turkey deploys troops to the Iraqi border.

Furthermore, Sugar based ethanol is clean, chepaer, and has a MUCH higher octane rating than Premium fuel...I think its something like 110 octane ratin compared to Premium's which is in the high 90s. That means your car runs better and you get that added performance boost.

The Government right now is trying to push corn ethanol into the mainstream...but corn has already proved to be ineffective for a variety of reasons. Not the least is the fact that to produce corn ethanol the plants release just as much pollution into the air as an oil based fuel car does.

In Brazil the sugar factories run on clean fuel. Everything from the electricity to the gas in the transportation trucks is renewable, clean energy. It was amazing to see! We need to get on board Brazil's sugar ethanol quick as many other countries-like China-already have. The only reason we haven't is because midwest politicians are really trying their best to force corn ehtanol down our throats..so a high tarriff has been placed on Brazil's sugar ethanol. We need to be realistic here and do what is best for our country, and not what is best for a few people in the midwest. Remember also that every car in Brazil has flex-fuel engines giving consumers the option to fuel up on either ethanol or oil fuel. Needless to say the demand for the latter is very low.

If you ask me this is a no brainer. Who would you rather be dependent on for energy: The volatile Middle East or the Western, democratic country of Brazil? Personally I would much rather see my money go down there instead of making those middle east Sheiks ever more rich and powerful.

Something needs to be done about this crisis fast, and that is what this has become: a crisis. Between the war in Iraq, tensions with Iran, the world hating us, and an incompetent administration the last thing we need now is more problems. We need to stop letting those big oil company fat cats strong arm our nation for their own benefit.

Hopefully with a new and non-Republican administration things can get moving. I don't listen too much to what canidates say during the election process as they are liable to do and say anything to get electe ( Remember Kerry dressed in camoflauge goose hunting?)

I don't think Hilary or Obama are going to say too much about their plans during the campaign for fear of polarizing some voters, but given their stances on past issues I say we have a good chance at change should one of them get elected.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 PM

397 posts, read 264,320 times
the Republican Chrisitans are gonna have one hell of a Christmas, god bless America, God Bless President Bush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies