Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much you bet this is BS
1,000,000 dollars 0 0%
1,500,000 dollars 1 12.50%
2,000,000 dollars 0 0%
1 billion dollars 7 87.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
From individual people to Government to corporations, Long have people gone to great lengths to cover their mistakes or misdeeds. This happens everyday. People having affairs, companies cooking their books or other corruption. The Military has certainly covered things up in the past.

Missiles usually have locking tech, And a plane has a large radar signature. It certainly is possible.

B-b-b-but... we're the United States, and our government can NEVER do anything wrong, immoral, or cause harm to it's citizens whether it be intentional or otherwise.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,360,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LOL is the poll necessary? You seem threatened by this documentary. I'm pretty interested however.
I was thinking the same thing. I always felt something was wrong with this investigation. There were too many witnesses. The explanation of that "missile" seemed bogus.

I'm interested, too.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,089,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
B-b-b-but... we're the United States, and our government can NEVER do anything wrong, immoral, or cause harm to it's citizens whether it be intentional or otherwise.
Any Government can and does. Individuals, Not all of course may get huge egos or a God complex, Get greedy and Mess up, And then have to work to cover their tracks to stay in power.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:59 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,902,683 times
If you read the article with the OP's link, the documentary doesn't say "who" caused the crash:

"The evidence proves that 'one or more ordnance explosions outside the aircraft caused the crash,' the producers said. But it does not identify or speculate on the source of the ordnance explosions."

Old 06-19-2013, 08:02 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,178 times
I remember at the time this happened thinking there was more to this than just a simple crash. But I thought this crash happened around the time JFK Jr died, in '99, not '96.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:08 AM

4,739 posts, read 4,425,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you read the article with the OP's link, the documentary doesn't say "who" caused the crash:

"The evidence proves that 'one or more ordnance explosions outside the aircraft caused the crash,' the producers said. But it does not identify or speculate on the source of the ordnance explosions."
yeah, no extraordinary evidence here. CNN tried to push him into speculating who "blew it up" and why a govt would cover it up.. .to no avail

I don't think anyone hear should be complacent in the goverment. i for one find the NSA stuff as scary and a threat to our future as anything. . .and that is a problem.

Yet not having faith in govt is one thing

Thinking that they can shoot a missile; the missile blows up a commercial flight; then the govt decides to cover it up (it would need to be a decision); the people involved go along with it; . . .that is such an extraordinary claim. . .that you would need something more than a couple guys you got to say what you want on tape.

we shall see

but thats why i'm betting. . .I would be very surprised that the evidence would be sufficient to change a skeptic's mind

Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,143,663 times
If you're interested in reading a good novel concerning this topic, might I suggest Nelson DeMille's Nightfall. The author writes a fictionalized account of an investigation into the investigation of TWA 800 on an anniversary. An FBI agent that worked the case has asked her husband - a former NYPD detective and current agent with the Anti-terrorist Task Force in NY - to look into it... quietly. Other people that were involved in the case at the time have questioned the final report, but are not allowed to say anything contradictory less they lose their jobs, pensions, etc. or maybe even risk losing something greater. And while the people in the novel are fiction, the accounts are gleamed from the actual investigations and eye-witness reports. DeMille does a wonderful job of letting characters voice most of the theories involving the downing of flight 800, and the evidence for each.

Also, the protagonist is funny as hell and the prose is very easy to read.

As for my own opinion, I think it would less likely to be a Navy missile, as that would be way too hard to cover up (too many people to keep quiet). I personally lean toward a small group in a small boat with a kinetic missile launcher mistaking Flight 800 for the El Al flight that was supposed to have taken off in 800's place.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:15 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

the explosion "outside" the aircraft, was the engine

flight 800 was an accident, a mechanical failure

nuff said

Old 06-19-2013, 08:17 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,360,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
yeah, no extraordinary evidence here. CNN tried to push him into speculating who "blew it up" and why a govt would cover it up.. .to no avail

I don't think anyone hear should be complacent in the goverment. i for one find the NSA stuff as scary and a threat to our future as anything. . .and that is a problem.

Yet not having faith in govt is one thing

Thinking that they can shoot a missile; the missile blows up a commercial flight; then the govt decides to cover it up (it would need to be a decision); the people involved go along with it; . . .that is such an extraordinary claim. . .that you would need something more than a couple guys you got to say what you want on tape.

we shall see

but thats why i'm betting. . .I would be very surprised that the evidence would be sufficient to change a skeptic's mind
Curious ... How much are YOU betting? Doesn't look like anyone ( including you) voted in your poll.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 AM

10,582 posts, read 9,765,067 times
(duplicate post)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.