Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you have a quote to go with the claim?
You never know what the hell anyone is talking about, but keep creating new threads discussing the same exact topic. What is this, at least the third one..

You guys were all blaming speculators a few years ago.. Dont be dishonest.

edit, here you are, doing it yourself.. so dont play dumb
Quote:
Gas always goes up this time of the year, but I don't get the inventory news. I guess speculators are trying to create some hysteria so they can play the price swings.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:47 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,484 times
Quote:
Do you have a quote to go with the claim?
its a refinery issue not a supply & demand issue ....

Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You never know what the hell anyone is talking about, but keep creating new threads discussing the same exact topic. What is this, at least the third one..

You guys were all blaming speculators a few years ago.. Dont be dishonest.

edit, here you are, doing it yourself.. so dont play dumb
I was asking you to prove the claim you made earlier, but apparently you are not able to do that. It's ok, you don't have to try again since you are clearly only looking to argue and insult.

Yes, speculators have a lot to say in it (why am I not surprised you did not know that) but I can't remember anyone saying demand/supply has nothing to do with it.

Your tone is unpleasant. Final post to you.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-19-2013 at 08:16 AM..

Old 06-19-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
its a refinery issue not a supply & demand issue ....
There are many aspects to it, and demand certainly plays a part in it.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I was asking you to prove the claim you made earlier, but apparently you are not able to do that. It's ok, you don't have to try again since you are clearly only looking to argue and insult.

Yes, speculators have a lot to say in it (why am I not surprised you did not know that) but I can't remember nyyone saying demand has nothing to do with it.

Your tone is unpleasant. Final post to you.
Ooh, poor baby, my tone is unpleasant to you.. waaa waaa waaa

You guys moaned non stop about how supply wouldnt help the price of oil, you can sit here and plead ignorant if you wish but that says more about you than your waa waa crybaby crap does. Dont remember all of those conversations when Obama objected to the pipeline construction? Well thats your problem and really discredits your ability to discuss the topic and have any credibility on it.

ps I didnt say demand has nothing to do with it, I said supply.. Dont even know the difference, do you? Thats pathetic

Old 06-19-2013, 07:01 AM

btw, Obama HIMSELF blamed high gas prices on failed PRESIDENTIAL energy policies.. Oh wait, that was candidate Obama.. not President Obama..

Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
THANK YOU for the FREE MARKET and CAPITALISM!
Yes, it is still alive and well

Quote:
Imagine where we would be if the Obama admin hadn't cut back on the oil leases on public land!
Looking at your link Obama's average is better than Bush's numbers in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005, but Bush's average was better than Obama's in 2006, 2007 and 2008. Interesting, but so what? We are becoming #1 producer either way. I am glad much of it is happening on private lands.

I'm pretty exited about the US is becoming #1 oil producer, and I am not trying to make it about the presidents. I just think it's good news.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Ooh, poor baby, my tone is unpleasant to you.. waaa waaa waaa

You guys moaned non stop about how supply wouldnt help the price of oil, you can sit here and plead ignorant if you wish but that says more about you than your waa waa crybaby crap does. Dont remember all of those conversations when Obama objected to the pipeline construction? Well thats your problem and really discredits your ability to discuss the topic and have any credibility on it.

ps I didnt say demand has nothing to do with it, I said supply.. Dont even know the difference, do you? Thats pathetic
Like I said in another post I don't care if Keystone is ever built NS railroad is loading 3000 tanker cars a month and the demand is growing....

Old 06-19-2013, 07:27 AM

Just GOOGLED that most of our refining infrastructure was built in the 70's with the exception of one built in 2008 in Douglass Wyoming.
With worldwide demand maybe its time to build a few more modern & efficient refineries.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
You guys on the left have been whining for nearly 5 years that supply has nothing to do with the price of oil.. Are you now admitting you guys were wrong once again?
No, because no one certainly not this liberal or any of the "liberals" who I read during those discussions ever made such foolish arguments, although it isn't surprising that you would make up such an argument since you didn't understand them to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies