Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 02:22 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,643,753 times

Advertisements

A picture's worth a thousand words, so here's one from the Congressional Budget Office to show why Occupy is needed.

What's wrong with this picture?

Old 06-23-2013, 02:47 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,557,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
The occupy cost the tax payers "We the People" of our city in the millions, and for what?

Bunch of spoiled kids totally in bed with corporate greed, ya thats right, and the whole world knows it.

You can do something about fixing it by electing good representation that serves the country instead of re-electing the same useless trash that helped make this mess.

This fabricated moral outrage of parents basement dwelling hipsters is pathetic.
No, that is not the solution. Elections are rigged, they buy and manufacture the votes they want.
First we must identify the problem, the true problem, then educate the public, so they will in unison react with universal solutions. The Marxist's manufacture problems, so they can bring about the result they want. We actually have many problems, but we must identify the truth, in order to solve them.

Surveillance and breach of privacy is one.
Media that is nothing but corporate propoganda is another.
Whistleblowers silenced as enemies another.
Federal Reserve, IMF, large banks conspiring against the people another.
BigPharma embedded within our gov't with impunity, just as many corporations are.
Secrets beyond measure, without oversight.
A separation between our 3 branches of gov't restored to checks n balances.
etc.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:51 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,819,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
blah blah blah - your faked outrage is unimpressive. Your expressed perspectives are prideful boasting about being incompassionate, even though you deny it. Live with the fact that your comments will be viewed that way and stop with the nonsensical claims to the contrary.

You've given no reason for anything you claim along these lines to be believed. That's why engaging in the rhetoric of personal glorification, which you've attempted here, fails so badly in online discussion threads. It's a lesson you should learn. Discussions are about ideas, not about you. It isn't always just all about you, you know.

By the way, my family has indeed given more to charity than yours, but (a) there's no way to prove that to you, and (b) it's irrelevant to the point that you've been working so hard to evade.

Struck a nerve, evidently... I guess I was completely correct about you perspectives. Of course, calling someone a POS is just about the lowest of the low in terms of violations of the rules here - if nothing else ratifies the prejudicial appraisals of the perspectives you advocate, you've certainly done it to yourself.

You sense the sound of people having real lives. I myself was visiting farm stands to collect up the fruit and vegetables for this coming week's meals, and then went to church for a few hours, preparing for today's worship service.

Hmmm... you might want to compare those photos to corresponding photos from the civil rights movement and from the Viet Nam war protest era.
Liar.

Not only are you a liar, you seem completely incapable of comprehending the difference between MY charity to people who, by their actions and effort are WORTHY of being helped, and completely worthless pieces of crap, who DEMAND a portion of what I earn, simply because their pathetic, sorry, worthless, entitlement minded tails exist.

Do you NOT see the difference? Are you... never mind... you actually are.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 06-23-2013 at 03:24 PM..

Old 06-23-2013, 02:54 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Maybe I should get a restraining order against you if there is such a thing for the internet after all you really creep me out at times, just don't show up on my doorstep I will call the police.
You keep posting that "terms of sale" you dug up at the Smugmug site, that alone is creepy enough that you went through the trouble to find that and keep posting it , the fact that you think it somehow proves your point makes it even more creepy.
You really should get a life.
I "have a life",...and apparently it is considerably better than that of a photographer who follows OWS activities and films their every movement. You cannot deny that you have your wares for sale according to your website,...and that says loads about your objectivity. If someone has a financial interest in others' activities, then there certainly is a question of credibility tied to their comments.

If you don't want people to peruse your website, then you should keep it off the internet,...and especially off C-D which is where I ran across the link. Sorry to embarrass you using your own words from your website. So, go ahead and get your "internet restraining order",...but rest assured your insignificant postings and photographs are so insignificant to me that I would never go to the effort to "show up on (your) doorstep".

Don't flatter yourself. You're nothing more than a fraud,...an anonymous circle fly behind a keyboard.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
A picture's worth a thousand words, so here's one from the Congressional Budget Office to show why Occupy is needed.

What's wrong with this picture?
Yes, a big problem. Now how did that happen, and what are we going to do about it, without ending up a target or in prison. We need to get on the same page here.

This article wants to call them riots, I would call them protests.
Masks banned in Canadian riots, just in time for Anonymous day of action | Naked Security

Old 06-23-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I "have a life",...and apparently it is considerably better than that of a photographer who follows OWS activities and films their every movement. You cannot deny that you have your wares for sale according to your website,...and that says loads about your objectivity. If someone has a financial interest in others' activities, then there certainly is a question of credibility tied to their comments.

If you don't want people to peruse your website, then you should keep it off the internet,...and especially off C-D which is where I ran across the link. Sorry to embarrass you using your own words from your website. So, go ahead and get your "internet restraining order",...but rest assured your insignificant postings and photographs are so insignificant to me that I would never go to the effort to "show up on (your) doorstep".

Don't flatter yourself. You're nothing more than a fraud,...an anonymous circle fly behind a keyboard.
I appreciate his point of view and his pictures. If you don't, what are you doing on this thread?

Old 06-23-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Liar.

Not only are you a liar, you seem completely incapable of comprehending the difference between MY charity to people who, by their actions and effort are WORTHY of being helped, and completely worthless pieces of crap, who DEMAND a portion of what I earn, simply because their pathetic, sorry, worthless, entitlement minded tails exist.

Do you NOT see the difference? Are you... never mind... you actually are.

Besides, with your entitlement mentality, if you were visiting farm stands, collecting fruit & vegetables, it was probably while they had their backs turned and you thought you were entitled to TAKE them.
Hey guys, I don't know what you're fighting over, but take it outside will ya?

Old 06-23-2013, 03:07 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,643,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yes, a big problem. Now how did that happen, and what are we going to do about it, without ending up a target or in prison. We need to get on the same page here.

This article wants to call them riots, I would call them protests.
Masks banned in Canadian riots, just in time for Anonymous day of action | Naked Security
So this guy will be illegal if he gets out of line.

Bad Canada!

When the FBI in Boston were not investigating the guys who ended up being the Boston Bombers, apparently the FBI was busy investigating members of Boston's Occupy movement.

One of the few Twitter accounts that the NSA has ever monitored was of an Occupy leader.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Some of us think the same for those who attend the OWS activities.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I agree with that. The next protests need to be in DC, and with Millions in attendance.

Instead of working so hard at what will NEVER happen, because you people won't get a crap on D.C. Parks permit, how about you get your Occupy buddies to take a bath, wash their clothes and brush their teeth.

Now THAT would help society, and it might even make some of you losers better able to get a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.