Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 04:54 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
WTF are you talking about? Are you alright? You sound like a broken record of some corporate media jockey. I have a job and do VERY well, but I also have a f#*in clue.

You seem filled with hate and anger. Whatever point or rhetoric you're trying to get across, I'm sure you are turning away more people than not.

Mmmmm... Bye bye!

Old 06-23-2013, 04:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Do you mean by paying for welfare and other benefits? Because that's exactly what we have now.

Can you respond in something other than a talking point??
Government giving people money who live in poverty, thus enabling them to stay poor isnt a talking point, its a fact

We do means test government benefits for a reason

Old 06-23-2013, 05:04 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Government giving people money who live in poverty, thus enabling them to stay poor isnt a talking point, its a fact

We do means test government benefits for a reason
Well maybe one day they can aspire to work at Wal-Mart part time only with no healthcare no full time jobs with healthcare and on pay so low they get food stamps.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:05 PM

The system is built for these people to fail.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:07 PM

Some of you people seem to have the attitude that if the people have no bread let them eat cake.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:08 PM

One cannot pull themselves up by their bootstraps when they don't even have shoes.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:10 PM

You people should just come out and say that you do not care if another man dies in the gutter for lack of food, healthcare etc.
While it is ok that the elite gets over on everyone.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:12 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
I beg to differ, I guess you haven't been to any of the Bradley Manning or occupy the banks protests.
There have been protests against all unjust issues.
Sometimes you have to open your eyes and uncover your ears, you be surprise what you don't know.
Most people do not realize that they don't know what is really going on.

REALLY???

I would go even further than that and say if most people here really understood what Occupy represents they would be out of their house and into the streets.
I would bet most of the people here that are opposed to what Occupy really stands for are not part of the ultra rich corporate elite, I very much doubt those people would bother with this forum.
I would bet this same group here if faced with a major medical problem would be on the verge of bankruptcy, about 75% of people that declare bankruptcy for medical reasons have health insurance.

But... but... OBAMACARE supposedly FIXED that for everyone, didn't it? People who refuse to work got their healthcare at the expense of those who work. After all, wasn't THAT the claim of Pelosi, Reid, Obama, etc.? Didn't they say there are 30 million uninsured people who will now be insured?

And the same goes for if for some reason they found themselves out of work tomorrow for a number of reasons.
The only people I figure at this forum that think they are safe are those that have retired with a real secure pension and health benefits maybe a state or federal type pension and or when 401ks' actually made money for them, they have at least 500 thousand in that 401k to compliment their social security their house is all paid off which allows them to take a yearly cruise or two week vacation to Hawaii, they may even own a second home at the Jersey Shore for the summer, they can afford to go out to restaurants with their friends on a regular basics.

Living within one's means... i.e. personal responsibility is NOT what Occupy seeks. Living within the means of people who have more (because they earned it) IS what Occupy seeks.

If you are not one of these people or even if you are but you see your children or grandchildren struggling day to day you should be out in the street protesting and not pretend that some day you are going to be one of the elite because I will tell you plain and simple it isn't going to happen you are only fooling yourself.
Most of you rather look at those living in or at the poverty line and blame them while you should be blaming the puppet masters.

You mean I should be out on the streets with you, demanding a portion of what another person earns? I don't think so. I'm content with what "I" earn, and if I really need more, I'll figure out a way to EARN more on my own.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Well maybe one day they can aspire to work at Wal-Mart part time only with no healthcare no full time jobs with healthcare and on pay so low they get food stamps.
If you think your only qualified to work at Wal Mart, dont whine to me..

Old 06-23-2013, 05:19 PM

this is a good video explaining how wealth is spread out

Global Wealth Inequality - What you never knew you never knew - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies