Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 12:34 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times

Advertisements

Gtowne, if you really want to change what is happening, you will be open to listening to this vido. Don't listen to what others say about this man, hear what has to say and see for yourself if this doesn't make sense.

David Icke

Old 07-13-2013, 01:42 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You don't think beating protesters and holding them indefinitely had anything to do with it? Media influence?
They want to identify the Occupy movement as an organized group with a leader as opposed to a mass of individuals, which are much harder to fight against. They group people into categories of opposition to weaken them. The power lies in the individuals coming from all backgrounds and uniting against centralization of power. When power is centralized, they don't have to live by the consequences of their decisions. That is why decisions should be made by smaller units within the communities they serve.

Quote:
The primacy of the group over the individual is the true devastating operation in America.

Individuals have freedom. Individuals have independence. Individuals have potential power. These elements are anathema to fascists.

Groups only have agendas. They seek fulfillment of those agendas through government. That kind of partnership increases, in the long run, the dominance of government.

Underneath it all, this is what we're talking about here: individuals must go, only groups should remain.
Jon Rappaport

Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Gonna check out the video ^^ Claud. I know what your saying about grouping everybody together. If it were to ever become the 3rd party, or "another" party, then it would lead to the end of the stranglehold the Democrats and Republicans need to stay in power.

"Political Anarchy" :-D

A mass firing.

You see on here everyday issues that people raise, and for many of them, there's overwhelming support. By Americans coming together in some sort of "universal" movement, it tilts the power structure in the country to the people, and not government officials.

The people officially hold the power. A mass majority are just too stupid to realize.

If you notice its some of the Boomers screaming the loudest. Not all but they are the majority voice. At the time, many Milliennials, believe it or not, didn't even know about Occupy or what it was about. Still, with only a small portion of the population engaged, they were able to amass millions in various forms of protest.

I'm not going to sit here and try to act like I represent Occupy. However, I do support protest as a form of civil disobedience to oppose political or corporate tyranny.

Last edited by Gtownoe; 07-13-2013 at 07:24 PM..

Old 07-17-2013, 02:39 PM

The real budgets of McDonald's workers - (1) - CNNMoney

Old 07-18-2013, 09:38 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
Yes I did. Which is why I asked what they have to do with the Economy??

Are you trying to show that we have more things to spend our money on? What if we don't need or want those things? A graph can't show the social side of the Economy either. Which is why I asked what the hell does any of those graphs, have to do with the Economy??

Large portions of the population are slipping below the poverty line and young people's futures are being loaded with debt and financial dependence. Slavery to the banks.

You haven't shown that you have a realistic view of the Economy.
I have a more realistic view of the economy than you do, and the fact that you don't see the economic implications of those graphs says a lot about that. A realistic view is looking at the data, not blindly following whatever emotional story was on the news last night. The middle class has increased its standard of living dramatically over the last several decades. Adjusting for a consistent standard of living, the middle class has seen dramatic growth. Additionally, the poverty rate hasn't been over 15% since the mid 70s. We don't have larger portions of people in poverty than previously. Looking at the last 50 years of the country's history, we have one of the lowest poverty levels ever.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:55 AM

945 posts, read 968,069 times
Quote:
Apparently corporate America and our government didn't get the message.

I don't care if I'm alone on the issue. We need Occupy back or some form of mass protests in this country addressing the issues of income inequality, wage stagnation, and corporate greed.

The Economy is STILL the most important issue in this country and we're currently doing nothing to fix it.

I'd like to start back up the discussion.

I picture this guy crying whilst flipping a burger. Move out of Chicago for starters, it a sh*thole with the worst policies in the country strangling every productive person and giving to the thugs.

The government has no legitimate purpose in minimum wage (a joke, communist policy) and the income inequality.

The reason the incomes are so unequal is because now more than every the very stupid, uneducated, unmotivated lames are exploding in numbers and people who go to work, save money and spend responsibility are dropping.

I'm sure this guy has a smartphone, cable tv, internet, a car, a place to live and is overweight. You have more than you probably should have and you are lucky to live in 2013.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I have a more realistic view of the economy than you do, and the fact that you don't see the economic implications of those graphs says a lot about that. A realistic view is looking at the data, not blindly following whatever emotional story was on the news last night.

I'd beg to differ. To each his own. You studied a few years and are already making over six figures in the current economy. While that's great for you, its not realistic in this economy. It's great like I said, but not realistic of most American's income levels. However, those other Americans do not deserve to suffer financially due to some industry's excesses. I agree that there's some industries that are "luxury" industries, but without any bias take a look in the mirror and figure out which salaries are "inflated."

The Economy should have a healthy abundant Middle Class since that's where a target majority should be. Life should be good.

The middle class has increased its standard of living dramatically over the last several decades. Adjusting for a consistent standard of living, the middle class has seen dramatic growth. Additionally, the poverty rate hasn't been over 15% since the mid 70s.

Poverty Level 2012 Highest In Over 40 Years As Obama and Romney Fight For Votes

We don't have larger portions of people in poverty than previously. Looking at the last 50 years of the country's history, we have one of the lowest poverty levels ever.

Your out of touch. Not saying your a bad guy. Just out of touch.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 AM

Update: Occupy Wall Street Responds to Depiction on The Newsroom | Observer

Q: What happens after people ask themselves why OWS is happening?

Scripted answer: Change, we hope.

Our real answer: The words “change” and “hope” together have become something of a farce, yet we still believe. We believe and know that change does not start with hope alone, it starts with hope and action together.

And we are taking action every day. We’re winning local union struggles. We’re liberating people from the chains of debt. We’re preventing foreclosures through eviction defense and home occupations led by homeowners. We’re researching like mad and disseminating reports on how to fix the SEC. We’re building cooperative businesses and innovative approaches to banking. We are dreaming up, and living out, the world we want to see, all the while holding corporations accountable for corrupting our democracy.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:41 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Senate hearing were held today investigating Wall Street's role in manipulating commodity and energy prices.

"Wall Street's multibillion-dollar commodity trading operations came under the political spotlight today as a powerful Senate committee questioned whether commercial banks should control oil pipelines, power plants and metals warehouses.

The Senate Banking Committee hearing comes as Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan Chase - which generated an estimated $4 billion in commodity revenues last year - face growing pressure from a number of investigations into their operations, and as the Federal Reserve reviews Wall Street's right to operate in raw material markets.

Big aluminum buyers represented by MillerCoors, the second largest brewer in the U.S., told the packed hearing that the banks' control of metal warehouses that are part of the London Metal Exchange network drove up their costs by as much as $3 billion last year by distorting supplies."

At Senate, Wall St. and Fed feel heat over commodity trade | Reuters

Old 07-23-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Senate hearing were held today investigating Wall Street's role in manipulating commodity and energy prices.

"Wall Street's multibillion-dollar commodity trading operations came under the political spotlight today as a powerful Senate committee questioned whether commercial banks should control oil pipelines, power plants and metals warehouses.

The Senate Banking Committee hearing comes as Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan Chase - which generated an estimated $4 billion in commodity revenues last year - face growing pressure from a number of investigations into their operations, and as the Federal Reserve reviews Wall Street's right to operate in raw material markets.

Big aluminum buyers represented by MillerCoors, the second largest brewer in the U.S., told the packed hearing that the banks' control of metal warehouses that are part of the London Metal Exchange network drove up their costs by as much as $3 billion last year by distorting supplies."

At Senate, Wall St. and Fed feel heat over commodity trade | Reuters
Damn. Didn't even know they were allowed to do that. Some of the Forefathers were right about banks becoming too powerful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies