Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Really doesn't matter what he thinks of catholic schools. His being liberal and looking at his past preacher I don't think he is much of a judge on that. I didn't even see that as a house of god he attended more like a hate gathering on Sundays of black KKK members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Considering the the ever increasing number of Catholic schools being closed due to falling enrollment, it should be fairly obvious that Obama isn't alone (of course that is taking the thread title at face value).

Old 06-19-2013, 11:20 PM

374 posts, read 509,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
0bama needs to shut his pie hole about religion. Any religion. He's hardly an expert on the subject.
He is an expert only on islam,says the muslim prayer in perfect farsi or whatever its called.Said its the prettiest sound in the world when they howl it out in the mornings.

Yet us chrisitans "cling to our guns and religions".

Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 PM

374 posts, read 509,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
A) This was northern Ireland, you know, the place where there have been religious wars for centuries.
B) Churches are not sacred cows.
- Might want to look at the abuse of pregnant girls and women by the church;
- Might want to look at the number of pedophiles in the same church. You know, protected child rapists.
C) Politics in other countries are not the same as politics in the US.

Catholics should be offended by their behavior.
Catholic schools can be divisive; I know, I attended for 12 years.

Nice poutrage, though.
Obomas idols not only marry little girls at 6yr.s old,they behead them like they did two this week.Would you like to see some wedding pictures of these 6 yr. old brides?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:08 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Do you have a link to substantiate your allegation ... or did you just copy/paste remarks from one of the 'we hat America' weblogs? I wonder.

I wonder because what I see being reported is different than your allegations and the remarks were made in Northern Ireland about the historical differences between Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland:

Source: Obama: religious schools block lasting peace in Northern Ireland : News Headlines - Catholic Culture

Let's see the link supporting your allegation so that we can view what you say has been said was 1) actually said, and 2) learn of the context in which the remarks were made.

Once again, the left rushes in an attempt to rationalize crazy remarks made by the Fuhrer. If liberals actually cared about liberty, they would be as chilled by Obama as everyone else.

But, given the facts liberals cannot think anymore and just obey the Fuhrer, any rational examination of his words or policies is impossible. When, if ever, has anyone ever heard a liberal question ANY of Obama's attacks on individual liberties?

I guess we now know how Nazi Germany came about- blind allegience to ONE MAN and the ability to rationalize all the steps to tyranny.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:10 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
With gomexico kindly providing the context, you look more than a little dishonest right now.
Oh good I was frieghtened my public schools would be invaded by all those catholic school brats!

Caveat(I went to CHS for one year then begged my parents to get out. Which they allowed me to do)

Old 06-20-2013, 06:14 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,087 times
He can kiss my white ass. I wonder what he would think if someone said we should get rid of private Islamic schools.
My kid is in a Catholic school for reason. Public schools hate God. Not to mention I want structure for my child which you do not get in many a public school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
News is reporting that in Obama's recent speech, he called Catholic schools divisive. What happened to religious freedom? Oh, that's right, the government thinks citizens don't have rights any

more.Obama offends Catholics in the UK, says religious schools are divisive - BizPac Review

Old 06-20-2013, 06:16 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,087 times
yeah well his policies and everything he does is divisive. He is the most divisive president we have ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I think ALL religion, whether its in a school or not, is divisive. However, as long as a religious school is not funded by tax dollars I see no problem. Maybe its me, but the Christian right does get offended easily. I get the point Obama was trying to make. I doubt he'll be eliminating Catholic schools anytime soon.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
He is an expert only on islam,says the muslim prayer in perfect farsi or whatever its called.Said its the prettiest sound in the world when they howl it out in the mornings.

Yet us chrisitans "cling to our guns and religions".
Proof of this outrageous claim? Or is this another one of those rectal facts?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama hates God.
Proof, or another rectal fact?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies