Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,677,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
...My wife and I don't "get" the whole Chick-FIL-A popularity thing. It's chicken on a bun with a couple of pickles. We've been to the one on Backlick twice and it just seemed ok. Nothing to go out if the way for. Add Chipotle to that list too.

I don't get it either. The only times I have partaken of Chick-FIL-A have been when I've found myself at last minute high school sporting events (if I know in advance I'm going, I bring something to eat). I don't eat hot dogs or pizza, so a chicken sammich is about all there is, and mediocre, at best.

I just googled Hobby Lobby and yeah, it's a crafts store. When I think of Hobby shops, I think of model trains and planes and stuff. This outfit seems to be pretty good to their employees by retail standards (almost twice the minimum wage), but they're probably subjected to some good old time religion along with their paychecks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 AM

206 posts, read 432,549 times
And just in case the religious stuff isn't bad enough...

They think they have the right to search your person, your bags, and your car just because you shop there.

They threw the book at a little old lady who accidentally walked out with a few scrapbooking letters worth under $6.

This is not a nice company.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:36 AM

367 posts, read 884,853 times
Safeway is still up and running not sure where they are going to put this.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 AM

367 posts, read 884,853 times
its where the built the new bloom at off fort evans near the petco

Old 06-20-2013, 07:41 AM

1,266 posts, read 5,613,045 times
Any idea when it is going to open? I'm happy it is coming, but I wish it was closer to me!

Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 AM

267 posts, read 511,941 times
I don't really have use of a craft store, but I hope they do well.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,893,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
This outfit seems to be pretty good to their employees by retail standards (almost twice the minimum wage), but they're probably subjected to some good old time religion along with their paychecks.
My Brother worked there in a Kansas store through HS and college. He liked it and all the people he worked with. It is true the pay is way above scale in all their stores. No he never had any religion/Tim Tebow in his ear ever. He and his coworkers hit the bars alot after work tho'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrekyos View Post
And just in case the religious stuff isn't bad enough...

[URL="http://consumerist.com/2010/08/16/this-hobby-lobby-reserves-the-right-to-search-your-car/"]They think they have the right to search your person, your bags, and your car just because you shop there.[/URL]

[URL="http://consumerist.com/2013/05/03/hobby-lobby-may-have-overreacted-to-theft-of-5-worth-of-iron-on-letters/"]They threw the book at a little old lady who accidentally walked out with a few scrapbooking letters worth under $6.[/URL]

This is not a nice company.
I'm assuming you didn't work thru HS or college. In the Macys store I was only allowed to bring a clear ziplock bag for a purse that was searched by security when I clocked in or out. In the small dinky retail shop in the mall, I could use my purse but the co-workers and I searched each others purses, just like Brittny Norwood/LuLulemon in Bethesda. The searching in retail jobs has been around 20 years.

As for arresting out customers thats common (meaning once a quarter), esp. by management. Luckily, its not on a plane or the granny would have been tied up with airplane seat belts and duct tape till the next landing.

Last edited by leighland; 06-20-2013 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: wrong word

Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM

206 posts, read 432,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
I'm assuming you didn't work thru HS or college. In the Macys store I was only allowed to bring a clear ziplock bag for a purse that was searched by security when I clocked in or out. In the small dinky retail shop in the mall, I could use my purse but the co-workers and I searched each others purses, just like Brittny Norwood/LuLulemon in Bethesda. The searching in retail jobs has been around 20 years.

As for arresting out customers thats common (meaning once a quarter), esp. by management. Luckily, its not on a plane or the granny would have been tied up with airplane seat belts and duct tape till the next landing.
Actually I did, and I was never searched or patted down or anything. Note the sign is not just for employees, but for CUSTOMERS.

And no, arresting, prosecuting, and suing elderly women with dementia over $6 is not normal at all. Hence the news stories about it.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:13 AM

2,136 posts, read 5,312,092 times
I'm more excited about the Big Lots coming soon to the same shopping center. I like the one in Sterling but it's good to have options depending on what other errands I've got going on.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 AM

231 posts, read 575,731 times
when does this store open? I LOVE hobby lobby!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies