Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 07:21 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
Umm, like what ?
Well for starters a black's primary language is English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I didn't say they don't speak English. I said many prefer Spanish over English. Yes, American food is different from Mexican food. We may eat other ethnic foods but that doesn't make them a staple among most Americans. Americans do have one unique culture even though it was from a melting pot. "Out of many, "ONE". The English language is a part of our identifying culture.

I don't admire conquerors and where did you get that the Brits were whiners? Evidently, illegal Mexicans are whiner to then since they can't seem to hack it in Mexico. The difference between the two groups is tht one came legally and the other did not.
The culture is America is a just a copycat of every culture that came here, so sorry to tell you this, but it's not a real culture if you are borrowing it from someone else. Actually, I think stealing would be a better word. Haha. So no they don't have a "unique" culture. Uniqueness implies that it is original and there is not no other like it, and that's not true if it came from other cultures right? There also is not an "official" language for this country either. While most speak English, many other Americans speak Spanish, French, heck I know someone that even speaks German!

Well that's good that you don't admire them, good for you. Your ancestors couldn't hack it so instead of fighting they left, and let me tell you, my ancestors, drinking **** and eating dead rats on board a ship over to America is not something that I would be proud of, let me tell you. And no they did not come over legally, they took and stole the land from the native americans, oh and from the mexicans, so I guess the illegal person here is well you? I don't really care about illegals, that's not me. My family came over here legally, and didn't steal land or kill anyone to do it. Can you say the same about your ancestors? I doubt it.

Btw, I figured that you are old and probably up there in age, you might do yourself a favor and brush up on your American History.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I see, so even though whites and other Americans are pro-legal immigration they are still racists for not being pro-illegal immigration also? Typical pulling of the race card by the bleeding heart libs and ethnocentrics. I am guessing you are the latter. Of course you don't think it is racist for Hispanics to think that their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them, right? Just who is the true racist under these two scenarios?
I figured that you were one of those crazy right wing nutcases. I am not a "lib" btw, but a moderate. And I don't pull the race card, but your stereotypes and racism just ooze from your words. Only an idiot would not be able to see it. The thread is about interracial unions about Latinos, the only one that is talking about illegal immigration is well...you.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:52 PM

199 posts, read 161,001 times
Quote:
and that's where the similarity ends.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:54 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
The culture is America is a just a copycat of every culture that came here, so sorry to tell you this, but it's not a real culture if you are borrowing it from someone else. Actually, I think stealing would be a better word. Haha. So no they don't have a "unique" culture. Uniqueness implies that it is original and there is not no other like it, and that's not true if it came from other cultures right? There also is not an "official" language for this country either. While most speak English, many other Americans speak Spanish, French, heck I know someone that even speaks German!

Well that's good that you don't admire them, good for you. Your ancestors couldn't hack it so instead of fighting they left, and let me tell you, my ancestors, drinking **** and eating dead rats on board a ship over to America is not something that I would be proud of, let me tell you. And no they did not come over legally, they took and stole the land from the native americans, oh and from the mexicans, so I guess the illegal person here is well you? I don't really care about illegals, that's not me. My family came over here legally, and didn't steal land or kill anyone to do it. Can you say the same about your ancestors? I doubt it.

Btw, I figured that you are old and probably up there in age, you might do yourself a favor and brush up on your American History.
That's a good 1 there: the 1st Hispanics stole the land from the Indians and I'm quite sure the Indians stole land and women from each other before 1492 too.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
A Lot of hispanics speak English, and you speak English right? And your foods are different? You eat mexican food don't you? Americans don't really have a culture, their culture is a bastardization of other cultures, mixed together.

Well, which would you rather be, spanish(blood of kings and conquerers) or British English(puritans and whiners that couldn't hack it in England)

You know, I've actually seen that, the bigotry still exists which totally ticks me off, he will be with a latina, but then I'll hear them say how they hate "those dang Mesicans" sounds hypocritical to me lol.
Uh, easy there. Many of not MOST "brown" Mexicans came about when the Spaniards raped the Indian women. The big reason that most Americans are "white" is because many women like the Puritans and Irish came here with the men.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh, easy there. Many of not MOST "brown" Mexicans came about when the Spaniards raped the Indian women. The big reason that most Americans are "white" is because many women like the Puritans and Irish came here with the men.
I don't understand what you are trying to say here.I am "white" but only because of my spanish side.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That's a good 1 there: the 1st Hispanics stole the land from the Indians and I'm quite sure the Indians stole land and women from each other before 1492 too.
Well that's the truth. They didn't like each other, and you know what? It's STILL that way to this day. I went to a reservation party and I was instructed on certain ways to act, it was made known to me that it was a PRIVILEGE to be there. The women were also discouraged from intermingling with us as well.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Not always.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Not always.
Yeah, I think it's funny that he couldn't he type a black PERSON, he just put a black lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies