Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 01:59 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,182,669 times

Advertisements

they need to do away with the fraud
every president has said they would do this and not of them have
they need to only be allowed to buy food not junk not get their nails done
good grief
and YES they should e drug tested!!
my daughter was on assistance she followed the rules went to school got her degree in graphic design has been paying her own way for years and is now a home owner
some times someone needs help I am fine with that but the goal should be to become self supporting
I get pissed when I see a woman with 4 or 5 little kids and a cart full of junk and pay for it with food stamps what is she doing with a bunch of kids she can not feed
a lot of them have kids to get more money that is bull crap and it needs to stop it has become a way of life
get them to work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 02:15 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
they need to do away with the fraud
every president has said they would do this and not of them have
they need to only be allowed to buy food not junk not get their nails done
good grief
and YES they should e drug tested!!
my daughter was on assistance she followed the rules went to school got her degree in graphic design has been paying her own way for years and is now a home owner
some times someone needs help I am fine with that but the goal should be to become self supporting
I get pissed when I see a woman with 4 or 5 little kids and a cart full of junk and pay for it with food stamps what is she doing with a bunch of kids she can not feed
a lot of them have kids to get more money that is bull crap and it needs to stop it has become a way of life
get them to work
If you want to really get pissed, come to our local Wal Mart on the first Sat of the month. It is appalling, the junk in carts, the people who are in scooters because they are handicapped (I guess) and about 100 lbs over weight and they are buying junk food like you wouldn't believe it. BTW, I am not knocking people with handicaps, at all nor people who have weight issues, I would be a hypocrite cause God knows our bathroom scales would be better if I stayed off of them. I am talking about people who live on junk food or the other extreme, they buy steak and things we can only wish to buy, but our budget limits us. And yes, the ones with all the kids drive me nuts as well.

BTW: good for your daughter!!!

Old 06-21-2013, 03:46 PM

46,757 posts, read 25,673,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
lol....you come up with that story and you think I'm the one bamboozled........
As I said, wasted keystrokes. You should join us in the real world, though. It's scary, but can be quite rewarding.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:57 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,777,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
As I said, wasted keystrokes. You should join us in the real world, though. It's scary, but can be quite rewarding.
Maybe he will read a link... who knows or cares though? Must keep in mind who the GOP talks to.

House and Senate Unanimously Reject Obama Budgets — Or Do They? - ABC News

Old 06-21-2013, 04:16 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,392,385 times
Meanwhile, politicians on both sides of the aisle continue to take advantage of the food fight called partisanship. They are acutely aware that most people today read what they want to read, and do not stray towards comparisons or reasoning that might hint at the truth.

Major states, both Red and Blue, continue to employ state workers who's job it is to sign up as many SNAP recipients as they can. This is happening in states like Florida, SC/NC, Rhode Island, and new ones coming on board every day.

Oh, and Martha's Vinyard gets in on the USDA action as well.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:31 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,673,906 times
Found out today that the failure to pass the new Farm bill means the old still carry's and the cyclical crop program will continue....That means I get another check for growing hay! Thanks for the gumball Popeye!!!

Old 06-21-2013, 07:50 PM

673 posts, read 2,709,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Facts matter and these are a few:

36 million Americans receive food stamps.

Almost half of that 36 million are children.

75% of those that receive food stamps work.
These statistics say that 9 million or 25% of Americans who receive food stamps are working children.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:56 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,392,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Found out today that the failure to pass the new Farm bill means the old still carry's and the cyclical crop program will continue....That means I get another check for growing hay! Thanks for the gumball Popeye!!!
Match this guy

Quote:
Whether it’s $30 billion, $60 billion or $100 billion, slashing the federal budget means cutting back on a lot of programs. But farm subsidies are not facing the axe, and having nearly two dozen lawmakers receiving such financial support may have something to do with it.

The Environmental Working Group has determined that at least 23 representatives and senators, or their family members, applied for farm subsidy payments between 1995 and 2009. Seventeen were Republicans and six belonged to the Democratic Party, with the GOP taking in more than $5.3 million, compared to only $489,856 for Democrats.

The biggest beneficiaries of farm subsidies in the current Congress have been:
· Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-Tennessee) $3,368,843
· Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-Missouri) $469,292
· Rep. Kristi Noem (R-South Dakota) $443,748
· Sen. John Tester (D-Montana) $442,303
· Rep. Tom Latham (R-Iowa) $330,046
Fincher, Hartzler, Noem and Tester are all first-term members of Congress.

Five crops— corn, cotton, rice, wheat and soybeans—account for 90% of the government’s farm subsidies and 74% of subsidies go to the top 10% of farms. According to the Department of Agriculture, 62% of U.S. farmers don’t receive any direct federal payments.

Where is the Money Going? - 23 Members of Congress Receive Farm Subsidies - AllGov - News

Old 06-21-2013, 07:58 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,255,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The testing will cost as much as the stamps. Where do we find the money for all this?
How about from all the people who get thrown off from getting caught? As the welfare roles drop, there will be money to fund the program.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:04 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,673,906 times

The more dirt you farm the more dough you get!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies