Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 03:10 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

[quote=Emeraldmaiden;30141563][quote=KRAMERCAT;30141468]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

Psst - that's not my quote.
I think the quote button on this thread has gone bonkers !

Even "psst-that's not my quote" didn't get attributed to the correct poster ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 03:17 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,766 times
Newsflash. The American justice system is not consistent.
If you have a Afr-Am crackhead from da hood get busted with a 20 of crack, and a White fratboy from Yale get caught with an oz of peruvian flake, which one do you think is going to see the inside of a jail?

Old 06-22-2013, 03:41 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

I think the quote button on this thread has gone bonkers !

Even "psst-that's not my quote" didn't get attributed to the correct poster ...
Ha! Looks like you are correct. I can see that this one would not be correctly attributed without a bit of manipulation.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:54 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
There seems to be an element in the Jodi Arias trail that is bringing out the viciousness of Americans. I just watched an investigative id show where 3 Hell's Angels viciously killed a woman who rather naively went to their clubhouse. One of the killers got 20 years, another who cut a deal got 5 years probation.

You have the Nightstalker who tortured and killed scores of women in jail for life.

So what exactly did Jodi do that was so heinous? She was in a relationship with someone she was madly in love with, who was just using her as a kinky sex toy, while telling her at the same time that she was not good enough to marry. Is that a wise thing to do to a woman? If she snapped, does that make her a danger to society? No, but maybe it makes her a danger to self indulgent a-holes that want to use and abuse women.
I don't know about comparing sentences because the crimes were not the same. But I have to agree with you on Arias. What she did to that scumball was understandable and 10 years would have been more than enough. On the other hand, there is hardly a woman on earth who has not been used by some guy at some point in her life. You just can't go around killing men for that.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:10 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
[quote=KRAMERCAT;30141468][quote=ocnjgirl;30116249]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

Yeah, she kills her daughter and gets off and people applaud her. A Hell's Angel kills a mother and gets 23 years. I am not saying that a scorned woman is justified for killing a man who uses and mocks her, but is that worse than a woman being killed for not allowing herself to be raped?

A Mesa Hells Angel was sentenced to more than 23 years inhttp://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20120329mesa-hells-angel-gets-years-murder.html#ixzz2WyknorDq
Who applauded Casey Anthony?? She is probably one of the most hated women in the country, and living her life in hiding because of it, so really not sure of your thought process there. My point wasn't to say their crimes were similar, but their "defect" as it were.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:50 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Look at this headline.
All-female jury selected in Trayvon Martin case

This is the Zimmerman trial, how blatantly obvious for yahoo to phrase it this way.
Does anybody even remember the name of the poor guy that Jodi slaughtered, without looking it up? I don't.
The news media is a disgrace.
travis alexander?

Old 06-23-2013, 11:38 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
I saw numerous shows about Jodi and Travis. Dateline devoted an hour show to it.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't know about comparing sentences because the crimes were not the same. But I have to agree with you on Arias. What she did to that scumball was understandable and 10 years would have been more than enough. On the other hand, there is hardly a woman on earth who has not been used by some guy at some point in her life. You just can't go around killing men for that.
I just watched a 'dramatization' of the Jodi Arias story last night, and if it was accurate, I would have to say that she is an extremely conceited, self-absorbed psychopathic liar. She feels that anything she wants, she should get, because she is all that. I have much more sympathy for Travis after watching. and while I don't think the death sentence is appropriate, I don't have a problem with a life sentence.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I just watched a 'dramatization' of the Jodi Arias story last night, and if it was accurate, I would have to say that she is an extremely conceited, self-absorbed psychopathic liar. She feels that anything she wants, she should get, because she is all that. I have much more sympathy for Travis after watching. and while I don't think the death sentence is appropriate, I don't have a problem with a life sentence.
Why isn't it appropriate? If this was Travis slicing her up because she dumped him, then hitting the road, then telling lie after lie after lie, then when he can't deny it, claiming that she used him and he just snapped.
Would you still say the death penalty isn't appropriate?
We can't imagine how much Travis suffered but it was plenty. He did nothing to deserve this horrible death. I would have no problem giving her the death penalty. I see no mitigating circumstances at all.

I think people are more reluctant to be hard on women, but if they do the crime they should do the time. Same punishment as a man would get. Women can be very devious and cruel. They are not an exception because of their gender or because they may be pretty. Some people are just evil, and she's one of them.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Look at this headline.
All-female jury selected in Trayvon Martin case

This is the Zimmerman trial, how blatantly obvious for yahoo to phrase it this way.
Does anybody even remember the name of the poor guy that Jodi slaughtered, without looking it up? I don't.
The news media is a disgrace.
His name was Travis Alexander.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies