Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 05:39 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Thanks, Cal.

It wasn't so much research though. I read kind of broadly, however, one of my favorite subjects to read on has been on criminal organizations. If you are a person that does a fair amount of reading you'll know what I mean when I say eventually you'll cross this or that when reading different books on a given subject. Or essays too. You might read something about the Hell's Angels in British Colombia and because the book details or mentions some dispute they had with a Vietnamese gang, you'll become aware there are Vietnamese gangs in Canada. (Some genre of books like history books provide bibliographies too--but I'll admit I usually don't pay much attention to the bibliographies.)

But I've read a book written by someone that is supposedly an expert on organized crime globally and he lectures to Interpol. His book had a chapter on Russian mafyia (that's how he spelled it). That's one way I knew so many of their gangsters are well educated. They're supposedly more loosely organized than the Sicilian mafia or the American La Cosa Nostra.
Same here Supine. As far as myself, I'm fascinated with Asian organized crime and anything to do with the golden triangle.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonakki View Post
please elaborate ...
I think his comparison is valid (Holocaust is JUST ONE of many atrocities committed against the jewish people and yes they also went through slavery) yet they still fare better than African Americans. The truth is hard to swallow but lets face it too many black people are dependent on government handouts and that dependency is carried on from one generation to the next and the common denominators are :
lack of education, lack of ambition, being raised in single-parent home by women who have no business having children they can't feed , clothe or raise properly etc.
I did the research on Jews. Jewish people by far are the most brilliant people in the world. They spearhead the Caucasian race in terms of technological achievements.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:09 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,897 times
Shouldn't this question also apply to blacks born and raised in Africa? Why don't they typically hold any wealth? This issue isn't just isolated to blacks here in the US, it's encompasses blacks all around the globe. Blacks are typically the poorest minority group wherever they are.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I did the research on Jews. Jewish people by far are the most brilliant people in the world. They spearhead the Caucasian race in terms of technological achievements.
Myth...There were all sorts of people from various tribes that brought about great things...Those who stereo typically view Jews as all brilliant are in part responsible for the historic resentment and phobia of Jews...I have met many Jews were were the dumbest creatures on earth. If the Jews were so brilliant and wise they would have after over 60 years - solved their problems in Israel.

Sinister jerks will always point to the Jews to deflect evil away from themselves...and the Jews are slow to get out of the way.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
?????? Do you realize that White Wall St also indulge in this same activities? Why is it so different when no whites do it? Is it because they are more likely to be broke and do it? When I was young I remember sitting down and talking to a heroin addict and I found out that he was once a brillant man but turned to drugs when he realize that he could not handle the history/reality of racism and life in general and so he turned to getting high as an escape but got hooked in that drug haze of escapism.
Yes, I'm aware that other racial groups use drugs. But the difference is that whites (for example) use drugs for a short period of time, say, during the college years, then most of them walk away from that lifestyle to then be productive citizens.

On the other hand, a large percentage of black males have come to embrace getting drunk, and getting high, as part of their black culture. So for many black males, I'm taking, 10-15 years just gets thrown down the drain because they were in the streets doing drugs and getting high.

Another issue is that whites use different drugs, and they drink different types of alcohol that are not as bad as the substances blacks use. Malt liquor and crack (which is sold in AA communities) is far worse then cocaine and Corona beer.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Myth...There were all sorts of people from various tribes that brought about great things...Those who stereo typically view Jews as all brilliant are in part responsible for the historic resentment and phobia of Jews...I have met many Jews were were the dumbest creatures on earth. If the Jews were so brilliant and wise they would have after over 60 years - solved their problems in Israel.

Sinister jerks will always point to the Jews to deflect evil away from themselves...and the Jews are slow to get out of the way.
I disagree. The Jews are brilliant for the simple fact alone that each country they migrate to, they and gained control over the economy and financial systems.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Shouldn't this question also apply to blacks born and raised in Africa? Why don't they typically hold any wealth? This issue isn't just isolated to blacks here in the US, it's encompasses blacks all around the globe. Blacks are typically the poorest minority group wherever they are.
The best book on that is a book called, "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa", by Walter Rodney.

Amazon.com: How Europe Underdeveloped Africa (9781574780482): Walter Rodney: Books

Old 06-28-2013, 07:00 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
There are a lot of well-off black people to balance out the poor ones. I don't feel like finding the source but as an average, they're not on the bottom rung of economic well-being when compared with other ethnic/racial groups.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
There are a lot of well-off black people to balance out the poor ones. I don't feel like finding the source but as an average, they're not on the bottom rung of economic well-being when compared with other ethnic/racial groups.
There are some well off black people, but to say they balance out the poor ones is an admission of extreme ignorance.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
That is not true because there are more Asians that are poor and there are more of them as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies