Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
After listening to McCain last evening, pleading for the illegals to have amnesty, and all the other things that our politicians are proposing, I was and am today, literally sick to my stomach at the disrespect, and disloyalty to the American Citizens of the United States...
All that has been happening under the Obama Administration, and then McCain last night, and why, all this just so both sides can get votes....unfreakin believable, how our politicians have sold us out...sold the American people out...and we are going to have to now, not only continue to pay more and more, to house 11 million illegals, but when Obama care goes into effect, we will be taxed more, and in many more ways, plus, continue to pay for illegals, and illegals get to vote??????? Where else in the world could you go and get something for nothing?

I swear, Politicans are becoming more and more corrupt, power hungry and they do not care for the people they are working for....

I am literally sick to my stomach over all of this, and the IRS scandal? Bengazi? They literally get away with all this, how????????

And please, do not come into this thread and blame the republicans, or the democrats, b/c they are both as corrupt as the day is long....
A start would be to stop voting for candidates from both parties, as I agree they are both corrupt, and no longer represent the will of the American people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
McCain has always made me sick. I'm glad I won't be around to see America 100 years from now. It won't be recognizable and it won't represent freedom.
Well... it was a good run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Like all whores (this may be maligning the profession of sexual prostitute) they do whatever their clients want. The problem is we, the general population of the country, are no longer their John's. Politicians are being paid by the wealthy to provide a never ending oversupply of cheap labor and ignorant consumers. With a very few exceptions the entire Congress does what they are told less their personal gravy train derail.

Infinite power eventually leads to infinite corruption of both organizations and individuals. Just follow the money to figure out how the system actually works.

Indeed Greg. Follow the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Lol, don't let politics affect your health and personal life.

I cannot help it, you don't understand, it wasn't like this when I grew up...America was a great nation!, and when you see it now, it is disheartening....all these stupid people who are in charge of our country, it is so sad...so very very sad.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:49 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Lol, don't let politics affect your health and personal life.

That is what I say. We must remember that people were complaining about Congress back in the 1800s (Mark Twain made a living pointing out the corruption of Congress).

However, idleness also causes problems. Two of my relatives that are on 'disability' sit around all day watching television news programs (Fox). When I visit or go out to dinner with them they moan the whole time about the 'state of the country'. I keep suggesting that they ignore their disability (it is not like they lack eyes or limbs) and find a job, or else take up a hobby that gets them into the fresh air.

As one of Woody Allen's characters said to a crazy homicidal maniac about to kill him: "Take up golf! Be a crazy golfer!"

Old 06-21-2013, 06:50 AM

You better believe it, from now on, I'm voting for an independent candidate, period...I am sick and tired of what these corrupt parties have done to our country....I'm done with both side, period!!!!!!!
Government and companies are so corrupt it is embarrassing, how they are running our country.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That is what I say. We must remember that people were complaining about Congress back in the 1800s (Mark Twain made a living pointing out the corruption of Congress).

However, idleness also causes problems. Two of my relatives that are on 'disability' sit around all day watching television news programs (Fox). When I visit or go out to dinner with them they moan the whole time about the 'state of the country'. I keep suggesting that they ignore their disability (it is not like they lack eyes or limbs) and find a job, or else take up a hobby that gets them into the fresh air.

As one of Woody Allen's characters said to a crazy homicidal maniac about to kill him: "Take up golf! Be a crazy golfer!"
Yes, but it wasn't this bad...yanno, how they say, attorneys work together behind they're clients backs...and they call attorneys whores...well that is how I believe the democrats and republicans are working, and working us against each other to boot.... I hope they are proud of themselves....they continue to take, take, take, including Philly's mayor nutter....now he proposing a 2 dollar increase on cigs...yet, he is going forward with that huge block party inviting and paying for JZ and all those musicans, but closing schools down, laying off teachers? What is wrong with these people?

Old 06-21-2013, 06:55 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
As someone whos family imigrated here over 100 years ago. . .i applaud the recent change in immigration. I think the focus on Border security is a red herring (a workable immigration policy means you don't need border security) but at least its something

The decision to work in the united states should be between the employer and the employee.

Get the govt. out of the game

and if you have to compete against a non-speaking english mexican for a job, wtf. thats your problem. Give me cheaper tomatoes.

Quote:
After listening to McCain last evening, pleading for the illegals to have amnesty, and all the other things that our politicians are proposing, I was and am today, literally sick to my stomach at the disrespect, and disloyalty to the American Citizens of the United States...
All that has been happening under the Obama Administration, and then McCain last night, and why, all this just so both sides can get votes....unfreakin believable, how our politicians have sold us out...sold the American people out...and we are going to have to now, not only continue to pay more and more, to house 11 million illegals, but when Obama care goes into effect, we will be taxed more, and in many more ways, plus, continue to pay for illegals, and illegals get to vote??????? Where else in the world could you go and get something for nothing?

I swear, Politicans are becoming more and more corrupt, power hungry and they do not care for the people they are working for....

I am literally sick to my stomach over all of this, and the IRS scandal? Bengazi? They literally get away with all this, how????????

And please, do not come into this thread and blame the republicans, or the democrats, b/c they are both as corrupt as the day is long....

Old 06-21-2013, 06:57 AM

are you kidding me? I mean are you really kidding me? You absolutely do need boarder control...and when was the last time we had a really good working immagration system? It has not worked in years, do you think now, all of a sudden, they are going to fix it, when all our other systems are failing, and polluted with people taking cuts off the top?

I think not!!!!!

And by the way Chris, my grandparents immigrated here both of them, they met here, and they both were American Citizens, and they learned the launguage, out of respect for their new neighbors...

All of us, unless your ancestry is American Indian, came here from other countries, and they became American citizens, Period!!!!!! They didn't get any wavers, nor did they leach off the systems.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:05 AM

62,955 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
are you kidding me? I mean are you really kidding me? You absolutely do need boarder control...and when was the last time we had a really good working immagration system? It has not worked in years, do you think now, all of a sudden, they are going to fix it, when all our other systems are failing, and polluted with people taking cuts off the top?

I think not!!!!!

And by the way Chris, my grandparents immigrated here both of them, they met here, and they both were American Citizens, and they learned the launguage, out of respect for their new neighbors...

All of us, unless your ancestry is American Indian, came here from other countries, and they became American citizens, Period!!!!!! They didn't get any wavers, nor did they leach off the systems.
Well, in truth even the so-called native Americans came here from somewhere else.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:

The nativist racist movement has lost. The leaders of that movement are corrupt. They are represented by racist political official like Joe Apario, Tom Tancredo, criminals like Shawna Forde, Chris Simcox, etc.

Bogus organizations that ripped off donations and were full of criminals and white supremacists.

You sound just like them. You use the same logic as racists to voice your opposition.

Here is a hint whenever the only words you can use to be against something are the words used by racists and criminals like the ones above, you are on the wrong side.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
The GOP is insisting on 20,000 new agents and 700 miles of fencing and a military-style surge on the Mexico border or the bill won't get done. Christ that's alot of long-term investment aimed at just one immigrant group... not how I'd want to spend my tax dollars, thanks GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies