Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 08:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Employers, who have taken advantage of illegal immigrants, will be pardoned with this bill.

Quote:
The debate is raging over whether the latest immigration bill is an amnesty for illegal immigrants, but one part is clear: The legislation would forgive businesses that have employed those immigrants illegally.
Read more: Immigration bill grants amnesty to employers of illegals; no prosecution for bogus IDs - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 08:41 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
After listening to McCain last evening, pleading for the illegals to have amnesty, and all the other things that our politicians are proposing, I was and am today, literally sick to my stomach at the disrespect, and disloyalty to the American Citizens of the United States...
All that has been happening under the Obama Administration, and then McCain last night, and why, all this just so both sides can get votes....unfreakin believable, how our politicians have sold us out...sold the American people out...and we are going to have to now, not only continue to pay more and more, to house 11 million illegals, but when Obama care goes into effect, we will be taxed more, and in many more ways, plus, continue to pay for illegals, and illegals get to vote??????? Where else in the world could you go and get something for nothing?

I swear, Politicans are becoming more and more corrupt, power hungry and they do not care for the people they are working for....

I am literally sick to my stomach over all of this, and the IRS scandal? Bengazi? They literally get away with all this, how????????

And please, do not come into this thread and blame the republicans, or the democrats, b/c they are both as corrupt as the day is long....
You're LITERALLY sick to your stomach? Really? So you actually puked, truly? Doubt it. See, I just cannot get sick to my stomach over all of this.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:54 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Ah, another day and another day of dramatic emoting and whining. Normal people don't allow their emotional wellbeing to be affected by Washington. Pathetic drama queens are another story.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:56 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Oh, so I'm a racist, b/c I believe everyone in American, needs to be working citizens, amazing? You are the reason, our country will fail...we are going broke, b/c of all the people who are here illegally. And let me tell you, I have a chinese friend, who came to the U.S. put herself thru college, learned the language and is doing very well for herself, and she feels the same way, even worse then me. This is a slap in the face to all immigrants who came here legally and worked their way to an American Citizenship. I'm a racist? I think not...far from it...and you, my friend, don't have a clue as to abiding by the laws, and respect for people who lost their lives to make the USA what is used to be. This is a disgrace...you cannot have people coming here in droves, infiltrating our school systems, and our other systems, going to hospital emergency rooms and not paying their bills, and not have all these things fail. You have no idea how many hospitals went broke b/c of this and had to close down.

Yeah, I sure am a racist...NOT

You use that word when you disagree with what we are speaking of here....
If I went to any other country, in this world, I surely wouldn't get away with the same thing.
Americans are stupid....really really stupid.
Every other word that comes out of the mouth of the person you are replying to is "racist". Anyone in her book that wants to secure our borders and end illegal immigration is a nativist, racist according to her and of course it is mostly conservatives. She should look in the mirror for her own racism. What a hypocrite!

Another thing she and her fellow pro-illegals do is to bring up idiots like Shawna Ford as if they represent the viewpoints of the entire anti-illegal, conservative movement. Not even close and it is blantantly dishonest. When they have no viable arguments to justify their defense of illegal aliens this is what they do. They smear the entire movement as being racists.

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-21-2013 at 09:15 AM..

Old 06-21-2013, 08:57 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Ah, another day and another day of dramatic emoting and whining. Normal people don't allow their emotional wellbeing to be affected by Washington. Pathetic drama queens are another story.
Maybe if washington left us alone? Ever get letter from the IRS or some such agency?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:02 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That one illegal alien (not immigrant) group are here by far in the largest numbers. Our southern border is where they are coming from. We need that double layered wall to assist our BP in the most porous areas. If you think it is only illegal aliens coming through our southern border then you need to educate yourself. There are criminals and those from known terrorist countries getting through also.

As for the costs involved even Homeland Security has admitted that it is cheaper to deport them than to allow them to remain here. If you are really concerned about costs then keep that in mind.
What about those who arrive by airplane? Initially legal but then overstaying visas. And why do US corporations fight to keep and protect degreed workers taking good jobs from Americans, but they don't fight for the fence-hopping people they desperately need to perform unskilled work that most Americans won't do?

BTW, I have yet to hear about known terrorists on US soil who arrived by walking across the southern border.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Sick? Let us call it concern for our grandchildren whose parents seem not to care. Maybe they are working so hard to make a living that they cannot see what is happening.

I will agree that the amnesty word makes one want to puke. I would rather have some law and order. We have lots of good laws on the books. Fancy someone wanting them to be upheld. There is no use making more laws until the country learns to uphold the laws already on the books. A whole book of laws not upheld is the same as no laws at all. Our country is in chaos.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:08 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Wow! You must really hate Ronald Reagan!

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants
Reagan regretted signing that amnesty later in life because the borders weren't secured as promised by congress. He thought only 300,000 would be amnestied when 3 million came forward for it. Today we have at least quadruple the number here illegally and we have 23 million Americans out of work. There is no comparison although I don't think Reagan should have signed that amnesty based on the rule of law.

Now let's move on to Obama. See above how many he wants to amnesty. Also he has instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegals that don't have a felony on their record. He gave 1.8 million Dreamies a stay of deportation along with work permits. He released thousands of non-felon illegal aliens from detainment back into our society claiming a shortage of funds. Why didn't he release non-felon citizens instead? As I said, I don't like what Reagan did but there is no comparison to what Obama has been doing.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:09 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe if washington left us alone? Ever get letter from the IRS or some such agency?
Your day-to-day life is scarcely affected by anything happening in Washington. If I really wanted to torture you, I'd have you explain how your Friday has been affected or will be affected by John McCain or anyone else in government. Instead, it's just another Friday with the usual right-wing suspects vegging out on the C-D forum feeling sorry for themselves and whining like 12 year-old girls.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:11 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Employers, who have taken advantage of illegal immigrants, will be pardoned with this bill.

Read more: Immigration bill grants amnesty to employers of illegals; no prosecution for bogus IDs - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Employers of illegals should not be held responsible because the government has not done its job. When someone comes to a business door looking for a job, the employer is not at fault if that person is not here legally. That is the fault of the government. The only thing the employer should need to be concerned about is whether the person will be able to do the job. If our government cannot patrol our borders; how on earth do you expect a small businessman who is just trying to stay above water to do it for them. He spends most of his time trying to make sure there is money to pay the employee.

Our government is not doing its job of protecting us from invaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies