Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Edward Snowden a heor or traitor?
Hero 87 54.72%
Traitor 48 30.19%
I refuse to say due to the risk of NSA spying on me 15 9.43%
I don't care 9 5.66%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Risk of what ?

Ft Hood wasn't prevented ?
The Boston bombing wasn't prevented ?

And the several cases that government officials say this prevented actually didn't when the press later dug up the true story.

Almost all the stories you read of "Another terrorist plot thwarted" were plots conceived, funded and led by the FBI.

Actually I don't think I've read many. And no they are not conceived and led by the FBI. That's like saying that the fall or the Twin Towers was the work of the Bush administration and not terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 09:44 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Obama said while in Africa that he wasn't going aggressively for a hacker...well remember The Falcon and the Snowman...its the new remake The Slacker and the Hacker.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
In that case why don't we just do away with the CIA, NSA, Homeland Security,DOD and whatever other agency that tries to protect us. I'm sure those agents would be happy to hear their services in dangerous situations were not appreciated or wanted
If they have to violate our rights, yes. Eliminate those agencies.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,796 times
Quote:
Actually I don't think I've read many. And no they are not conceived and led by the FBI. That's like saying that the fall or the Twin Towers was the work of the Bush administration and not terrorists.
Reality Check on Director Robert Mueller's corrupt FBI.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And you feel your rights were violated. How so? And what happens if we eliminate those agencies and we are attacked because we have no intelligence. Who would you blame or would you just accept the consequences.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I'll be happy if we just get the Patriot Act repealed and return to the US we used to have before the Surveillance Industrial Complex bought out the US House or Representatives and the Senate.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Reality Check on Director Robert Mueller's corrupt FBI.

You know, I don't believe any of these people who want their 10 minutes of fame on TV.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:09 AM

Default NY Confidential

Quote:
You know, I don't believe any of these people who want their 10 minutes of fame on TV.
See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, huh?

Maybe you'll believe the truth after you read this Associated Press report detailing how the FBI uses "agent provocateurs" for entrapment.

Quote:
NEW YORK — A paid informant for the New York Police Department's intelligence unit was under orders to "bait" Muslims into saying inflammatory things as he lived a double life, snapping pictures inside mosques and collecting the names of innocent people attending study groups on Islam, he told The Associated Press.

Shamiur Rahman, a 19-year-old American of Bangladeshi descent who has now denounced his work as an informant, said police told him to embrace a strategy called "create and capture." He said it involved creating a conversation about jihad or terrorism, then capturing the response to send to the NYPD. For his work, he earned as much as $1,000 a month and goodwill from the police after a string of minor marijuana arrests.
Informant: NYPD paid me to bait Muslims

Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
[/b]

Note I said "thwarted". The ones that actually happened weren't conceived by the FBI.
And they didn't find out about it either with all their snooping and spying and even when another country warns them.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
And you feel your rights were violated. How so? And what happens if we eliminate those agencies and we are attacked because we have no intelligence. Who would you blame or would you just accept the consequences.
We've had attacks and we have intelligence.
Ft Hood and the Boston bombing are two such examples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies