Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 05:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hey urban, thank for the rep....but be a man/woman and post your comment's out here......
I posted in your rep the exact same comments that I have posted in here....guess you haven't been paying attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 05:35 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I posted in your rep the exact same comments that I have posted in here....guess you haven't been paying attention.
But yet you had to take it step further....typical....but carry on with your leftist form....

Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Leftists always have bad cases of projection disorder. It's part of your mental illness.
Okay, go ahead, explain to me how having sidewalks and mixed land use has anything to do with banning cars.

I can see how it negates the need for a car in some circumstances, since I would have a sidewalk on which to walk to the store, and there would actually be a store nearby. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to drive my car to the store if I choose (say, if I have a lot of shopping to do, or it's cold out, or I just don't want to walk).

A simply does not imply B.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Do you have any words in your vocabulary that aren't leftist clichés?
So.....you have no idea what sustainable developments are?? Actually that isn't a "leftist cliche, that is an architecture and urban planning term. Nothing about sustainable developments is political.

Seriously, do you see a green roof and think "leftist." Or if a building paints its roof white instead of black, do you think "leftist.' None of those things are political, they are actually cost saving.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
But yet you had to take it step further....typical....but carry on with your leftist form....
Well if it makes you feel better, you can rep me.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:38 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Walkable neighborhoods, in reality, are neighborhoods with not enough parking. You control the cars by restricting people's ability to park.

Only idiots want to live like that.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:40 PM

The other leftist cliché in this same general topic is 'diverse neighborhood'.

This makes sketchy, crime-ridden areas sound almost attractive to ignorant 20 and 30 somethings with no children.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
I suppose if they say so........

Stupid is as Stupid does. They just don't get more Stupid than Obama. it's a good bet that in the next decade the word Obama will mean stupid. They will say he's/ she's been Obamaed.. The guy is a retard. His Admin as ias bad they are Obamaed.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
that isn't a "leftist cliche, that is an architecture and urban planning term.
It's a leftist cliché. You're just so brainwashed you don't realize it.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Walkable neighborhoods, in reality, are neighborhoods with not enough parking. You control the cars by restricting people's ability to park.

Only idiots want to live like that.
What?! Where you come up with this crap?

My "walkable neighborhood" has several multi-level parking garages that are never at capacity, as well as street parking. It also has wide sidewalks, bus stops, a streetcar line, and commercial properties so there are stores within easy access. How exactly does having a choice of whether I drive, walk, or take mass transit make me an idiot?

What is so damn offensive about that? What part of that is about controlling and restricting people? It's people like yourself who fight against walkable neighborhoods that are trying to restrict people's choices by making it infeasible to do anything except drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies