Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 12:49 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times

Advertisements

Simply amazing how many using this forum are comparing the lousy cook's use of a racial slur with other people who have used it. In their minds and thought processes, if someone else can use it, she can too. Which means it's okay with people to use the slur. 30,000 wrongs doesn't make something right.

And I love how the anti PC police have stepped in it too.
Let's get something straight here, while everyone is protected by the constitutional amendment of freedom of speech, what you say might also be detrimental to you and people around you, and you and people around you will pay for ignorance one way, or another.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:50 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
I love seeing hypocritical liberals excited that a multi millionaire was fired. won't see these same people complaining or celebrating about the firing of al sharpton. that would never happen to him though.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
One thing new to me through all this - had it not been for the southerners on CD, I never would have known that they have their own word for Brazil nuts. Maybe because I'm from the west coast is the reason I've never heard this unique expression.

I can just imagine these fine southerner folks at their local grocery stores..."hey n----r, where do you keep your n-----r's toes in this place?" So charming....
I can just imagine the peaceful west coast. when was the last time the US had a race riot? oh that's right. please post the link where mexians, koreans, and blacks are playing nicely on the west coast. I know you are pandering to the generic stereotype of "southern racism" but look in the mirror.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:55 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I love seeing hypocritical liberals excited that a multi millionaire was fired. won't see these same people complaining or celebrating about the firing of al sharpton. that would never happen to him though.
You're just jealous that you're not as wealthy as Reverend Al. Who's going to fire him? Donald Trump?

Al Sharpton Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Old 06-22-2013, 01:02 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,540 times
It's just a word. Let me know when people in this country face real problems again, apart from a TV host using that N word one time.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You're just jealous that you're not as wealthy as Reverend Al. Who's going to fire him? Donald Trump?

Al Sharpton Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
I am not jealous of wealth. you must be looking in the mirror. "FAIR SHARE!!!!"

Old 06-22-2013, 01:14 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,733 times
To many people, being a racist means that you use epithets that are typically associated with racism or that you behave in a way that discriminates against people mere based on their skin color.

So, Paula Deen used the "n-word" and the outrage seems to be centered mostly around her using that word rather than other actions. Deen's use of the "n-word" is deemed offensive by just about anyone.

Are there many rappers who don't use the n-word? It seems to pop up on my Sirius radio just about every other minute.

How come it's alright for rappers to use it? How come they don't get dropped by their recording labels? Is it because they are black and being black makes it alright?

Perhaps it's alright for any particular racial group to use derogatory terms about their own demographic?

Alas, didn't it just a second seem that it was racist to discriminate against people simply based on their skin color?

How can the "n-word" be offensive and lead to such an outcry if a white person uses it - while it is, apparently, perfectly acceptable and considered cool if black people use it?

In this sense, judging whether the term is offensive or not is done merely on the basis of skin color!

Black person saying it = Cool
White person saying it - bad

And here I thought it was wrong to pass judgment solely based on a person's skin color...

Seems rather ironic that people complain about racism by passing judgments based on racism.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:14 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
To many people, being a racist means that you use epithets that are typically associated with racism or that you behave in a way that discriminates against people mere based on their skin color.

So, Paula Deen used the "n-word" and the outrage seems to be centered mostly around her using that word rather than other actions. Deen's use of the "n-word" is deemed offensive by just about anyone.

Are there many rappers who don't use the n-word? It seems to pop up on my Sirius radio just about every other minute.

How come it's alright for rappers to use it? How come they don't get dropped by their recording labels? Is it because they are black and being black makes it alright?

Perhaps it's alright for any particular racial group to use derogatory terms about their own demographic?

Alas, didn't it just a second seem that it was racist to discriminate against people simply based on their skin color?

How can the "n-word" be offensive and lead to such an outcry if a white person uses it - while it is, apparently, perfectly acceptable and considered cool if black people use it?

In this sense, judging whether the term is offensive or not is done merely on the basis of skin color!

Black person saying it = Cool
White person saying it - bad

And here I thought it was wrong to pass judgment solely based on a person's skin color...

Seems rather ironic that people complain about racism by passing judgments based on racism.
It is the difference between you calling your family idiots and an outsider do it.

It is not racist is one black person calls another black person the n word. It is annoying. But when someone, who grew up at a time when that word represented 2nd class citizenry for the people it describes uses it, it is very different.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:55 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
The only thing worthy of notice here is the crippling and overwhelming pc society we live in today.

This is a textbook example of why things will not end good.
things will not end well, because we will always have people who think they should be able to say whatever they like to others and face no consequences. Paula Deen can say n****r until her buttered lips fall off, but Food Network doesn't have to keep her on the payroll.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:56 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So Paula Deen learned to use the "N-word" from rappers now, huh?
yep. don't you remember when rappers were protesting school integration and spraying people with hoses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies