Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 04:39 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What is wrong with you? Do you get beat up by black thugs alot? I read your other post and I understand that you have a problem with what you percieve as "thuggish blacks" in your neighborhood but you need to step back and think that this could have easily been you instead of Trayvon.
As long as he didn't attack Zimmerman and beat the crap out of him for no reason, it's very unlikely it "could have easily been you instead of Trayvon."

Trayvon Martin was an angry young man who picked the wrong person to disrespect and attack. Unsurprisingly and fittingly, the result was as expected.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Right-wingers define black people as aggressors. Why? Because they're black.
Left-wingers define right-wingers as racist. Why? It makes good politics.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:48 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba juneau View Post
Do you teach your kids to attack people when they walk down the sidewalk behind you. Or maybe hide out and watch the so called stalker and ambush him. I teach my kid to get out of harms way and call the police.
I also watch my neighborhood for suspicious cars that may continue to circle and i take note of people in the neighborhood I am not accustomed to seeing.
No crime in wanting security for your neighborhood. No crime at all. Why is this hard for people. It makes me suspicious of what truly lies in the hearts and minds of men and women who believe somehow a man deserves to be attacked for walking down the sidewalk. What if I was bird watching with binoculars and a sweet little skittle carrying cherub decided to beat me up. Would you defend my attacker still. Hey, I did have binoculars after all and I was walking in the same direction as my sweet pine breath attacker.

What a fing joke you people are!

So you would tell your kids who happened to be coming home from the store in the dark and rain and some guy is following them and you tell them to run home to an empty house That being said, while they are being persued by some grown ass man you suggest that they stop and call the police and tell them what? Will this conversation happen before or after the damage is done to them? As far as you watching strange cars/people do you limit them to black youngmen as being suspicious? And since you either are extremely naive or stupid, you would know that Trayvon was not waiting for zimmerman so that he could attack him for no reason, there was a confrontation and but yet you are quick to side with a man on medication with a proven violent past over a young kid who possibly could have been "perping tough" since there he has no arrest record. But yet people wonder why some think that this is a racial matter

Btw, your kids who are not black have a better chance of being taken rather than shot by some nut who thinks that he is actually important

Old 06-22-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Repeat after me: being followed or stalked does not justify my use of force, any force.

There's fear and there's reasonable fear. Fear alone does not justify use of force. Not at all.

To be able to use force legally, you must meet the three conditions:

1. ABILITY
2. OPPORTUNITY
3. REASONABLE PERCEPTION THAT THEY ARE AN IMMEDIATE
AND IMMINENT THREAT OF DEATH OR CRIPPLING INJURY

That's real threat. Did Zimmerman pose a real threat to T man?

No, not at all.

If you are a white guy walking in a complex in lets say South Central LA in the dark and rain and there is some guy following you (black or latino) that you don't know and you don't want to run home because there is no one home home but your little sister and there are no weapons there either, what would you do?

Old 06-22-2013, 04:56 PM

When I was a long-haired teen a strange looking individual started following me around a store I was browsing in. My first thought was to punch him in the nose in self-defense but I realized he had probably just profiled me as a potential shoplifter and was no danger to my physical safety. That was 40 years ago. I am still alive.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I guess he just did this to himself then

Spoiler

It is possible, but do you really think that if he was hit 25-30 times on concrete that would have been his only injuries? His nose would have definitely been broken. And how can anyone administer such a punishment without having blood or at least some noticeable DNA all over them? Truthfully, zimmerman might have been punched in the face once and fell.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If he was not going to listen to them in the first place, why bother to call? The reason that I can think of is a alibi.
You cant be that dumb

Lets see if I understand you, he called 911 for an alibi because he knew he was going to get attacked, and shoot Trayvon?

Old 06-22-2013, 05:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I tend to judge things on the cases, not if you get arrested or not. All of the cases signal a kid that was in trouble with the law. It seems to me that in that community they rather wanted the school to deal with it, than to involve police at a such young age. He could have ended up in prison for both his drug use, graffiti and the likely stolen jewelry.

I think it is quite counterproductive to pretend this guy was not in trouble with the law. The focus of Martin attorney should be on the incident. Who started the fight? Did Zimmerman act like a policeman, or did Martin assault him.
Trayvon Martin is NOT on trial. Martin will NOT have an attorney there.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Trayvon Martin is NOT on trial. Martin will NOT have an attorney there.
Was Travis Alexander on trial?

http://www.change.org/petitions/crea...thout-evidence

Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 PM

219 posts, read 922,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Almost as impressive as a school bully who smoking cannabis, was suspended three times in the last year, was a woman hating thug worshiper who throw up gang signs in his facebook page being a saintly little boy who didn't deserve anything to happen to him...
**** YOU!! Funny you never see or hear none of you racist, ***** Zimmerman supporters in public. All of yall are racist whores!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies