Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 10:04 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,199,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What situation?
The situation GZ was calling them about. Maybe just maybe the police would rather Civilians make the call and then get out of the way. You report suspicious activity. Do the police normally ask you to go over and check it out then call back? Do they normally say hey go ask them why the suspicious people are doing what they are doing? I don't think so. They normally say stay where you are a patrol car is on it's way.
As evidenced in this case. An untrained civilian disregarded the 911 operator and complicated the situation.
At that point the only risk was that TM street walking guy might have made it to his destination before the police arrived.
The moment GZ started his activity the situation became one of pursuit and more complicated..

Old 06-23-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is a reason one buys GPS units, and its not so they can learn the names of the streets they drive on. I own 4 homes, one in OH, PA, FL, and IL, do you suppose I should make a contious effort to learn each neighborhood, or is it more likely that when I go to these houses, I'd be more concerned with enjoying myself?

Because the 911 operator is trained to tell people to stay away from one another, period... That doesnt mean you need to follow the operators trained advice.
How about the names of the streets around your own neighborhood? The one you spend most your time.

911 operator. Why do you suppose they train them to give that advice? Your right ignore the advice at your own risk. GZ did. How did that work out for him?

Old 06-23-2013, 10:12 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,074,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I agree. I also think the fact that in the photo of Zimmerman's head injuries, the blood is flowing in the wrong direction. I think that is a question the Medical Examiner could answer in terms of his opinion as a forensic pathologist and expert witness.
Next time you have a chance to cut the back of someone's head, let them stand up for about twenty minutes and then tell me what you would expect to see if a picture is then taken. Let go of the direction of the blood flow. It is meaningless.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,496,736 times
Quote:
Even a "blob of uncoordinated fat" could throw someone off himself, if that person were straddling him, just by rolling over, IMO. It's also my assumption that someone on the jury may think the same thing.
ty. That's exactly why any images or videos of tm and gz near the time of the killing is relevant. You of course could put aside the [invalid] assumption that the 200 pounder could just roll over to rid himself of the 160 pounder.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:15 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,381,870 times
Zimmerman's defense rest solely on embellishment.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:15 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,074,445 times
Quote:
Even a "blob of uncoordinated fat" could throw someone off himself, if that person were straddling him, just by rolling over, IMO. It's also my assumption that someone on the jury may think the same thing.
The person on the bottom could have been too busy fending off blows to the head to attempt to push off the attacker.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Zimmerman's defense rest solely on embellishment.
We dont know this yet.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:18 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,401,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Next time you have a chance to cut the back of someone's head, let them stand up for about twenty minutes and then tell me what you would expect to see if a picture is then taken. Let go of the direction of the blood flow. It is meaningless.

The blood is flowing toward his face, parallel to his ear!! Even standing up for awhile would make the blood flow downward toward his neck.

Do you know how long after the incident those photos were taken? I may be incorrect, but I thought those photos were taken immediately after the shooting when the police arrived. By the time Zimmerman reached the police station it was difficult if not impossible to see the scratches.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
The person on the bottom could have been too busy fending off blows to the head to attempt to push off the attacker.
or confused because real life was playing out according to how he fantasized it. LOL
I think 2 wanna be's came head to head. Dumb and dumber, but dumber had a gun.
Normally one can expect it to be a slap fight and rolling around. TM broke the rules with a punch.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:20 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,496,736 times
Quote:
'Blood is thicker than water.' It's also stickier and consists of more than h20. It doesn't just... drip. I won't be jumping on 'the blood went in the wrong' direction' bandwagon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies