Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 11:28 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
In his own mind he was acting rationally.

He feared for his social status.
Well that makes it all good then.
I am a former sniper, competition shooter, and have written a few military action thrillers. Maybe I should post up on a hill over looking a town and target people I think are bad guys so I can live up to the rep.
Seriously tho. he feared for his social status? he is a neighborhood watch. What status? That is a lower status than crossing guard or dog catcher. It is one step up from neighborhood snitch.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:28 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've never once seen someone get up from a street with mud or grass stains on them. How exactly does that happen? Are the roads in that sad of shape that grass is growing all over the streets down there?
Well ... it was raining, drizzly that night. The grass was sorta wet. All that supposed moving and struggling on the grass and ground would imply a bit of wet stained clothes. For anyone except, of course, gz. Who, as it turns out, had none of that on his clothes. But tm did, looking at his clothing.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is witness number six has testified Zimmerman was on the ground being straddled by Martin.
I thought the fact was that witness number six changed his testimony. Additionally, "eye witnesses" are the absolute worst witnesses in any criminal case. There have been many studies done and research done which proves that is the true. Also, maybe witness six saw just the first part of what happened; didn't witness six run inside to call the police? Zimmerman could have quickly gotten TM on the ground while witness six was calling the police and then was leaning over TM when he shot him.

You cannot rely on ONE WITNESS, especially an EYE WITNESS, for your whole case.

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am a former sniper, competition shooter, and have written a few military action thrillers. Maybe I should post up on a hill over looking a town and target people I think are bad guys so I can live up to the rep.
Seriously tho. he feared for his social status? he is a neighborhood watch. What status? That is a lower status than crossing guard or dog catcher. It is one step up from neighborhood snitch.
Thats a great comment.

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
My scenario makes sense when you consider the fact of the screams which can be heard on the 911 tape......it makes total sense that TM had been overtaken by Zimmerman and he was begging for his life until Zimmerman, most likely having lost his temper, shot him and then IMMEDIATELY the screams stopped. If it had been Zimmerman screaming, logically, after he shot TM IF TM were on top of GZ, GZ would have continued to scream for help, especially since GZ actually made a statement that he didn't think he had hit TM and that's why he was trying to hold him down, he didn't think TM was dead. If he didn't think TM was dead, why did he stop screaming for help???

And, yes, even as stupid as most people think Zimmerman is, I believe he could have easily realized that telling only half the story would look like stand your ground or self defense....he certainly knew better than to tell the police that he had gotten TM off of him and had TM under control when he shot. It's not hard to "make up" a story when you decide to tell only half of what really happened. So maybe Zimmerman is not so stupid after all. Seems his real problem is impulse control and stubbornness. Of course I don't think he's any Rhodes Scholar, but probably average IQ.
It could be that GZ was screaming for help to get TM off of him, even knowing he could shoot him and end the beating, because he did not want to go that far. But when no help was forthcoming, he made the only choice he could. Neither one of us was there to see it one way or the other, though, so both of us are only guessing.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,199 times
Quote:
My scenario makes sense when you consider the fact of the screams which can be heard on the 911 tape......it makes total sense that TM had been overtaken by Zimmerman and he was begging for his life until Zimmerman, most likely having lost his temper, shot him and then IMMEDIATELY the screams stopped. If it had been Zimmerman screaming, logically, after he shot TM IF TM were on top of GZ, GZ would have continued to scream for help, especially since GZ actually made a statement that he didn't think he had hit TM and that's why he was trying to hold him down, he didn't think TM was dead. If he didn't think TM was dead, why did he stop screaming for help???

And, yes, even as stupid as most people think Zimmerman is, I believe he could have easily realized that telling only half the story would look like stand your ground or self defense....he certainly knew better than to tell the police that he had gotten TM off of him and had TM under control when he shot. It's not hard to "make up" a story when you decide to tell only half of what really happened. So maybe Zimmerman is not so stupid after all. Seems his real problem is impulse control and stubbornness. Of course I don't think he's any Rhodes Scholar, but probably average IQ.
A "self defense" claim is the strongest for getting off.

Zimmerman knew this.

Zimmerman was "self-defending" Martin's self defense.

Zimmerman didn't hear his mother calling, so didn't leave his newly acquired "ground".

Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I thought the fact was that witness number six changed his testimony. Additionally, "eye witnesses" are the absolute worst witnesses in any criminal case. There have been many studies done and research done which proves that is the true. Also, maybe witness six saw just the first part of what happened; didn't witness six run inside to call the police? Zimmerman could have quickly gotten TM on the ground while witness six was calling the police and then was leaning over TM when he shot him.

You cannot rely on ONE WITNESS, especially an EYE WITNESS, for your whole case.
I would rely on an eyewitness report before I would rely on your guesswork.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:35 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh, poor baby is upset because I'm rude..

What else would you call someone who pronounces someone guilty of murder simply because they dont know the name of a street?
I've not seen anybody "pronounce" Zimmerman guilty of murder because he either didn't know the name of the street or pretended he didn't know, or he forgot, or whatever.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:36 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Then you agree he was a bit desperate for social status.

He's a climber, that boy.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:37 AM

I like how the posters, that think GZ is guilty, think he is stupid, up until rationalizing that he might be smart enough to concoct a plausible self defense story. He must have been a genius to do that in the speed required. At least it didn't take him near as long as it did for you to come up with the GZ is smart logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies