Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 07:46 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,420,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He also claimed he never heard of Stand Your Ground law. I think the state will prove he did, and argue he lied about some things to fit his behavior into syg or regular old justifiable self defense.
Did you happen to catch the very first part of court this a.m. when the Defense made a motion to use some hearsay statements in their opening statement this morning.....and I assume they want to use them during testimony? If so, do you know what the statements are and what was the ruling of the Court? I caught the part where the Defense submitted the written motion to the Judge. The Judge said they would have to have a hearing (short, short hearing, those are my words) about it. I think they did have a short hearing at the bench.

I'm wondering what hearsay statements the defense wants to use.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,308,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Thankfully, your opinion is irrelevant.
As is yours

Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,308,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Purely background and character. It's nice to know, but not evidence as far as guilt or innocence is concerned.

There are those that jumped to conclusions about Zimmerman because Trayvon was a black teen, and those that jumped to conclusions about Trayvon because he was a black teen.

Some were outraged because they heard or read that someone should be charged for killing someone because they claimed self defense. A lot of the initial opinions formed in this case were either because of race, or because of personal feelings about guns. That divide created political tensions, and the talking heads on TV were off and running. Sadly, most in these groups don't care enough to actually read the actual police reports or evidence. Worse, many only visit sites devoted to their own views.

But terms like Thug, Druggie, Gangsta, Aggressive, and whatever, don't define the case. If the defense can get the jury to believe their side, they win. I'd hate to think someone can be proven guilty because they Think he's aggressive, or don't like him. It would also be pretty bad to let someone walk because they lied well. But sadly these are common day occurrences in the judicial system. But I trust the Courts and the Process far more than the type of "justice" that is being bandied about online

No, there is no think. Following someone in your car is aggressive behavior. Following someone on foot with a loaded gun is aggressive behavior. The word aggressive isn't the same as calling Mr. Martin a thug or a gangsta or a druggie.

Mr. Zimmerman's behavior prior to contact with Mr. Martin was aggressive. This is simple and plain.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:58 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,059,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Martin is not an "alleged" victim, as he is dead. He is a victim - legally we are not sure he was murdered, which is why GZ is on trial - but he is a victim.
If George Zimmerman is telling the truth (which is possible even though most of you TV supporters feel it isn't) then Trayvon Martin is NOT a victim of anything other than his own aggression and mistakes.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:00 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,250,597 times
This assistant state atty isn't pulling any punches. Zimmerman's shaking in his boots. The truth is out. No going back.

24,645 posts, read 38,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If George Zimmerman is telling the truth (which is possible even though most of you TV supporters feel it isn't) then Trayvon Martin is NOT a victim of anything other than his own aggression and mistakes.
I don't believe Zimmerman is telling the truth.

40,976 posts, read 49,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Only the delusional, deranged and racist would come to that conclusion.
So if he's acquitted will you figure this accurately describes the jury ?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,401,021 times
who is covering this trial live?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So if he's acquitted will you figure this accurately describes the jury ?
Possibly.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,250,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
who is covering this trial live?
George Zimmerman trial - Video on NBCNews.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.