Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
As if your pro-Zimmerman opinions make any sense or have any relevance...........
This what I don't get. I can somewhat get the whole Mr. Zimmerman deserves a fair trail fake concern, but this defense of Mr. Zimmerman, why?

He shot an unarmed teenager who wasn't doing anything at all on the night in question. What is there to defend about Mr. Zimmerman's actions?

These Mr. Zimmerman defenders even sink to the level of attacking Mr. Martin. Why, he is dead and his actions on that night prior to getting shot don't point to him doing anything wrong at all, and he was unarmed.

Other than a person being a racist or prejudice or someone who is so afraid of black people and wishing more would just get shot and killed, I don't understand what would cause someone to be a Mr. Zimmerman defender.

What is so appealing about what Mr. Zimmerman did that someone is compelled to say hey that guy needs a defender?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,243,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Absolutely! They certainly appear to have a good case, IMO. I found it interesting that they have a photo or photos from a private citizen of the scene prior to the arrival of the police.
What a riveting opener from John Guy. Just knew something was going to be dropped that we haven't heard yet. And there is much more yet to come. You could see Don West with his mouth agape, lol. I don't think he knew what hit him. Defense has a mountain to climb to say the least.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:29 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,045,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What is so appealing about what Mr. Zimmerman did that someone is compelled to say hey that guy needs a defender?
He saved his own life by shooting his attacker, that's somewhat appealing to anyone who takes personal safety and defense seriously.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:30 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
When mail order law clerk opinions become important I'll PM you for advice. Thanks.
YOU don't have enough money to pay me to ever give you professional advice.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
He saved his own life by shooting his attacker, that's somewhat appealing to anyone who takes personal safety and defense seriously.
Self-defense requires one to use every option possible to get away, and after hearing the State's opening seems to me that Zimmerman did NOT do that.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:34 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,239 times
Quote:
Anyone who takes personal safety and defense seriously would not purposely put themselves in harms way. Anyone who takes personal safety and defense seriously would not pursue potential the possibility of jeopardizing that safety

Old 06-24-2013, 08:34 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,262,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This what I don't get. I can somewhat get the whole Mr. Zimmerman deserves a fair trail fake concern, but this defense of Mr. Zimmerman, why?

He shot an unarmed teenager who wasn't doing anything at all on the night in question. What is there to defend about Mr. Zimmerman's actions?

These Mr. Zimmerman defenders even sink to the level of attacking Mr. Martin. Why, he is dead and his actions on that night prior to getting shot don't point to him doing anything wrong at all, and he was unarmed.

Other than a person being a racist or prejudice or someone who is so afraid of black people and wishing more would just get shot and killed, I don't understand what would cause someone to be a Mr. Zimmerman defender.

For some Zimmerman defenders, I think it really has very little to do about Zimmerman himself and more to do with.......guns. And their fear that the outcome of this trial might affect their own rights to carry everywhere and any time they want.

I doubt their "outrage" has much to do with justice for Zimmerman at all.

And certainly not for a dead, unarmed teenager.

Quote:
Gun advocacy groups are rushing in to attempt to fund Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman‘s defense funds, HLN’s Craig Johnson reports.

At least two gun groups are standing up for Zimmerman, offering to contribute money and support.
Gun Groups Seek To Fund George Zimmerman’s Defense | Mediaite

Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,989 times
Quote:
You don't know if Mr. Martin was attacking Mr. Zimmerman, and based on their actions it is strange that you would think that.

Mr. Martin left the house to go get pop and candy. He left the store after he bought pop and candy. He was talking on the phone to a girl. He was doing nothing.

Mr. Zimmerman first wrongly identified Mr. Martin as being up to no good and a criminal. Then Mr. Zimmerman compounded that mistake by following Mr. Martin in his car. The Mr. Zimmerman further compounded that mistake by following Mr. Martin on foot with a loaded gun.

If Mr. Zimmerman at any point makes the less aggressive choice nothing happens that night.

Now for some reason you seem to believe after Mr. Zimmerman made aggressive choice after aggressive choice to ensure contact with Mr. Martin would likely to happen that Mr. Zimmerman was not aggressive when that contact finally occurred.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Zimmerman's aggression is what initiated the whole thing in the first place. He is not a police officer. He should have stopped following like the dispatcher told him. Anyone who doesn't understand that is just stupid tbh.
You're one of the people who are absolutely, positively certain that gz did Not stop following tm. A few people aren't sure of that and remain open to the possibility that tm did choose to initiate the face-to-face. Anyone who doesn't understand That is just stupid.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:38 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,045,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
YOU don't have enough money to pay me to ever give you professional advice.
Of course I don't, regardless of cost I simply can't pay you enough to provide me with something you aren't capable of providing. I can't afford to pay you enough to fly my space shuttle either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies