Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 08:11 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times

Advertisements

Well they paid for me to go to college. I've also been on unemployment and food stamps. I worked hard, graduated with a 4.0, and now I've more then paid back what little I was given in taxes.

Not all government programs are bad, most are just ran inadequately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 09:44 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Raised hand.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:10 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's not your place to question people. If they say something, you need to believe it or move on.

I said in a previous post that I went to private school. Maybe elan did, also. Quite frankly, it's none of your business.

/back to ignore

We all benefit from an educated society. Even if you did not go to public school, your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, mechanic, and maybe even your private school teachers did.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Raise it, folks. . You've never gotten any use of a dime from the USA government. You've never had any sort of welfare.

I can't. Had free lunch as a kid and also ate government cheese sandwiches when I was a kid.
Not to mention food or fuel subsidies.
NOPE and proud of it. But I sure have to pay it.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Don't people who pay no taxes and do nothing also get those benefits on top of what they're already stealing from the American public?
Yep, those very same people scream at others to pay more and use the argument that business owners use roads and bridges. They have to know or are just so ignorant that they refuse to acknowledge that the people who are paying taxes paid taxes to pay for that at the same time the ignorant welfare dead weights contribute NOTHING but still use the roads and bridges.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
We all benefit from an educated society. Even if you did not go to public school, your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, mechanic, and maybe even your private school teachers did.
Are you for real?

The same people who never contributed a dime in their lives get those same benefits even though they didn't pay a dime. So what is their problem? Are they so stupid they couldn't take the same opportunity as everyone else and make something of it.

These leftie defenses are ridiculous.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
As bad as the public schools are, I think things would be better if parents actually had a stake in their children's educaton and had to at least pay some portion of it.

Of course anyone who pays property taxes did pay their way --- as well as pay for all the free-loaders.

The taxpayers are having to pay for everything,

Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Helping those down on their luck is a moral virtue.
If and only if it's completely voluntary. Government should be separate from Church, government confiscation of our paychecks has nothing at all to do with charity or virtue.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:37 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
I got a whopping $500.00 from Pell for only one semester when I was in college at Temple.
If I was the right skin color, probably would have gotten more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Raise it, folks. . You've never gotten any use of a dime from the USA government. You've never had any sort of welfare.

I can't. Had free lunch as a kid and also ate government cheese sandwiches when I was a kid.
Not to mention food or fuel subsidies.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
People who think than all tax is their money being stolen by a government that is evil and their sworn enemy....whatever their personal pet peeves are....have some problems. Problems that won't be solved with overhauling welfare to the point of non existence or whatever their big-bad happens to be.

It's really hard to talk about anything without it evolving into crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies