Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 10:37 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

You are kidding, right?

Nicolosi is a NARTH contributor, and has his own reparative therapy practice ala EXODUS. He hates gays, and makes a living encouraging them to hate themselves, hardly an unbiased source.
I detect a great deal of envy for gay men in that Nicolosi article. But as you say, he makes money from homophobia.

Reparative therapy is nothing more than a scam designed to separate suckers from their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 10:42 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No, not really. Gay men are more promiscuous by an order of magnitude. Why pretend otherwise?
Let's be realistic here. Men by nature are a bunch of horny toads. It's biological, we all know this, it's fact. So if you have two gay men together, do you not think there's going to be more sex involved? Well yeah.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:58 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
All I know is they can't make babies. That's enough information for me, thanks. Don't need to know more.
What does making babies have to do with anything? Gays aren't sterile for starters. And since when do we judge people based on their ability to procreate?

Old 06-22-2013, 10:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is just a way to try and separate people, it means nothing, just a term. I think most of us use the term: sexual orientation. Right or wrong, using a phrase like "gay life style" we are all carrying PC way too far. Call it what you want, as long as it doesn't appear to be used in a derogatory way.
But it's almost always used in a derogatory way.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:20 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
The term 'gay lifestyle' was actually created by gays back in the 1980s and 90s, before it was accepted by the larger population. They called it an 'alternative lifestyle' and the conservatives of the time considered that as being too PC. There is no doubt a gay lifestyle just like there's a married straight lifestyle, single straight lifestyle, rich lifestyle, a poor lifestyle, an urban lifestyle, a rural lifestyle, etc. Any distinct way of life is a lifestyle.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
This.

It's a made up bunch of stereotypes designed to dehumanize a group of people.
Though I do not use the term, I do not think most people think of it as trying to dehumanize anybody. I just think it is a term they are accustom using when referring to sexual orientation. Many do not even know the term: sexual orientation. I will be honest, I am anything but homophobic, we have a lesbian foster daughter, I have had gay bosses and lots of gay clients and I used to use the phrase. A few years ago, sexual orientation became the term that seems to be more acceptable and more descriptive.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
No, not really. Gay men are more promiscuous by an order of magnitude. Why pretend otherwise?
I used to have a gay boss who I adored. He wasn't only my boss, but my friend. Eventually he wasn't my boss anymore cause we ended up as co workers; we were both supervisors. For many years he tried to keep his sexual orientation quiet, even though he was pretty obvious. Anyway he and I were talking one evening after work; he was the first to tell me, how much more promiscuous gay men are than straight men and since then I have had a few other gay men tell me the same thing. From that, I would have to accept it as fact.. Perhaps they are not really more promiscuous but are just much more open about it. And, remember, men are naturally thought of as more sexual creatures than women.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:40 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I used to have a gay boss who I adored. He wasn't only my boss, but my friend. Eventually he wasn't my boss anymore cause we ended up as co workers; we were both supervisors. For many years he tried to keep his sexual orientation quiet, even though he was pretty obvious. Anyway he and I were talking one evening after work; he was the first to tell me, how much more promiscuous gay men are than straight men and since then I have had a few other gay men tell me the same thing. From that, I would have to accept it as fact.. Perhaps they are not really more promiscuous but are just much more open about it. And, remember, men are naturally thought of as more sexual creatures than women.
I think the reason for that is how men are wired vs how women are wired. Men naturally seek sex. It wouldn't surprise me if lesbians were actually less promiscuous than straight couples.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:41 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And since when do we judge people based on their ability to procreate?
It's in the 'Phobes handbook, Page 27.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
There is no doubt a gay lifestyle just like there's a married straight lifestyle, single straight lifestyle, rich lifestyle, a poor lifestyle, an urban lifestyle, a rural lifestyle, etc. Any distinct way of life is a lifestyle.
Bunk. There is no "distinct way of life". Everyone lives their lives differently, and that is as it should be.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:42 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
I'll admit I don't know many gay people. Thanks for that info.
I'll bet you do, they just have not come out yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies