Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 04:13 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,781,793 times

Advertisements

What would cause you to revolt? Taking away your guns? Or making you register them?
Telling you that there would be no more medicare, medicaid or social securty?
Suspending the right to a fair trial? Or even a trial at all?
Watching US citizens being assassinated with no trial in a foreign country?
Hearing that a drone from your country killed many innocent civilians?
Watching your country's soldiers get slaughtered and maimed in horrifying battles over seas?
Knowing that your government was spying on you for "your own protection?"
Watching your government trade guns for drugs and then those guns kill Americans?

What, exactly would be your breaking point? When does it get so bad that you say, "I've had enough."

There is no plan. There is just simply different stages of anarchy. There is no plan. It's semi-controlled anarchy.
Tell it like it is...Joker.

The Dark Knight - Hospital Scene (Two-Face and Joker) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 04:15 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,016,360 times
Anybody who believes they already have an answer to that question will never revolt. And anybody who has a single red line as an answer is too stupid to worry about.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:47 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,520,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Anybody who believes they already have an answer to that question will never revolt. And anybody who has a single red line as an answer is too stupid to worry about.
You couldn't be more right.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:54 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,972,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
What would cause you to revolt? Taking away your guns? Or making you register them?
Telling you that there would be no more medicare, medicaid or social securty?
Suspending the right to a fair trial? Or even a trial at all?
Watching US citizens being assassinated with no trial in a foreign country?
Hearing that a drone from your country killed many innocent civilians?
Watching your country's soldiers get slaughtered and maimed in horrifying battles over seas?
Knowing that your government was spying on you for "your own protection?"
Watching your government trade guns for drugs and then those guns kill Americans?

What, exactly would be your breaking point? When does it get so bad that you say, "I've had enough."
If any of that was going to cause a real revolt we would have been in a civil war for the last 12 years.

My line in the sand is when I'm no longer able to provide food, shelter or safety for my family or myself without breaking some new law put in place by those who are wealthy enough to not deal with the consequences of the legislation they create.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,875,804 times
One line red answer 'might be', if Obama pulls a stunt that has him as puppet king after Jan 2017. Or some BS martial law which does the same. he gets 2 terms and only 2 terms by the LAW. If he changes the LAW that will remain to be seen.

There 'could' be many other notions. Some notions in the OP's post maybe, maybe not. In line one taking the guns away is just silly tawkin'.....

Old 06-22-2013, 07:22 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,791,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
One line red answer 'might be', if Obama pulls a stunt that has him as puppet king after Jan 2017. Or some BS martial law which does the same. he gets 2 terms and only 2 terms by the LAW. If he changes the LAW that will remain to be seen.

There 'could' be many other notions. Some notions in the OP's post maybe, maybe not. In line one taking the guns away is just silly tawkin'.....
Won't happen Obama will leave when his term is up.

He himself can't change the law.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:28 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,906,893 times
Democrat, Republican, it makes no difference folks... They are the same wolf in different sheep clothing.. Sooner or later the point will come and small skirmishes will break out.. From that it will grow.. Sooner or later, it will happen... I hope I'm gone by then..................

Old 06-22-2013, 07:32 PM

26,829 posts, read 15,058,901 times
I no longer believe the American people have it in them.......the latest Xbox is more important.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:32 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,435,870 times
Rainbow Sherbert stops being made, or slushies are outlawed !

Another possible thing, eminent domain where they kick me out of my place because they want to open the area more for some douche with a new house.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,906,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I no longer believe the American people have it in them.......the latest Xbox is more important.
I agree... Most can be bought off so cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies