Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,650,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Yea, it does not get reported too much on Fox I think...and everything else in the media as we know is a liberal shill.

I love the fact that America threw the Republican majority out in Congress as a Loud statement against the War...the Democrats as a slight majority in Congress have tried several methods to end the war within their means, such as controlling the military budget...and when Bush claims they are playing partisan politics and vetoes their bills, the fringe right then gloat the Congress can't accomplish anything. Ironic, especially when they had accomplished nothing of significance since 2000 with a Republican Congress and Pepublican President. Now that is lame.
have to wait 24 hrs to give u some more rep. What has happened since 2000, that is positive?

Old 11-23-2007, 10:51 AM

659 posts, read 1,375,983 times
Nothing ever changes look at this excerpt, no sympathy from me.

George Bush has asked
the US Congress to add 196 billion dollars as a supplement
to the 450 billion dollars he has already got for war
spending in 2008. He calls the supplemental spending the
"Global War on Terror Request" and it includes plans for a
new bunker busting bomb which could be geared toward bombing
underground targets in Iran.

And Britain's prime minister Gordon Brown has now repeatedly
stated his support for Bush's horrifying plans for endless
global war, based on what Brown calls "our shared values and
our shared destiny".

Old 11-23-2007, 11:04 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,961,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by famenity View Post

George Bush has asked

our shared destiny".
Honestly, I just do not get it with these guys. Why are they so obsessed with killing and this excessive war spending? I am really begining to believe that Bush truly believes his war activities are a big game in which he can spend real money like it's Monopoly money.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by famenity View Post

George Bush has asked

our shared destiny".
The shared values of whom? The Illuminati?

what rhetoric.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:08 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,809,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Honestly, I just do not get it with these guys. Why are they so obsessed with killing and this excessive war spending? I am really begining to believe that Bush truly believes his war activities are a big game in which he can spend real money like it's Monopoly money.
In his mind he is combo John Wayne/Clint Eastwood/Sylvester Stallone. Outside of this mind he is a skinny little white guy that sounds like his speeches were prepared for a second grader. Therein lies the disconnect.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
In his mind he is combo John Wayne/Clint Eastwood/Sylvester Stallone. Outside of this mind he is a skinny little white guy that sounds like his speeches were prepared for a second grader. Therein lies the disconnect.

what a combination

Old 11-23-2007, 11:37 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,961,856 times
Personally, I have absolutely no sympathy for any of the individuals who put Bush into office. In my opinion, each and every individual who voted Bush in office is deserving of the pain and suffering they are going through, as they wait in agony for Bush's term in office to come to an end. It's just a shame that those who did not vote for Bush have to suffer along with them. Furthermore, I fault those who voted for Bush more than Bush himself, for this war and the sad state of affairs this country is in right now. When Bush's war crimes trial comes up, it would be nice to see Dick Cheney, Codi Rice, and some of the voters who put him into office stand trial right along with him. But unfortunately, that is not going to happen.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,223,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Personally, I have absolutely no sympathy for any of the individuals who put Bush into office. In my opinion, each and every individual who voted Bush in office is deserving of the pain and suffering they are going through, as they wait in agony for Bush's term in office to come to an end. It's just a shame that those who did not vote for Bush have to suffer along with them. Furthermore, I fault those who voted for Bush more than Bush himself, for this war and the sad state of affairs this country is in right now. When Bush's war crimes trial comes up, it would be nice to see Dick Cheney, Codi Rice, and some of the voters who put him into office stand trial right along with him. But unfortunately, that is not going to happen.
Don't forget Rumsfeld and Wolfewitz.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:50 PM

16 posts, read 39,262 times
Bush isn't at fault if anything he has more principle than any American President in many years, he believes in what he is doing and has the courage to stand against the liberal wind as well as becoming unpopular.

The American people as a whole have little tolerance for sacrifice and war because we have had it so easy for so long. We are the richest nation in the world and our own personal greed brought us to this spiral. Clinton's signing of the favored nation trading status while necessary ( China ) should have been prolonged in it's placement at least for twenty years instead of five giving us time to adjust.
We demanded higher wages and protectionism from our politicians and guwess what, we costedd ourselves out of the world game of trade.

It is time we all come together, for better health care ( free ), start a national sales tax, everyone pays. and quit bellyaching about the immigrants, we need them, if we must have serve in the armed forces and earn a citizenship.
Do not fool yourselves with a narrow focus, it is the big Global picture we must survive in and we must do what is necessary to do so.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:06 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,179,618 times
Personally I like the bumper sticker that says (I Didn't Vote For The Idiots). And no, I don't have sympathy for thoughs who voted for him. But things ara what they are, and we all have to live with it and try to make better choices next time around.
For all of those people that think he's so great and this dirty oil war is needed. I say all children no matter who you are, only child or not, males and females, no matter what your religion says and especially All immigrants must serve in a war zone, in the MILITARY. Then we'll see how many fine Bush lovers change their tunes.
So what does the word WAR stand for anyway, W-we, A-are, R-right? Obviously they think it does up there in the White House.
I was once told that Bush is a God fearing man. Well he had better be fearing God, right now. Because, for anyone to be makeing a big profit like he and his cabinet and cronies are by the blood of others. Well, you figure out the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies