Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 04:41 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I bet he, the President, could sue under the Disability Laws. And, he might win.
Yeah, but whom would he sue? Bill Maher?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:43 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Why not, Bill could take on the chin, and probably afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Yeah, but whom would he sue? Bill Maher?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:50 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I tend to agree. Meaning that all these jibes at him are attacks on someone with a disability.

what goes around comes around. Witnessed his federal Medicaid cuts in 2003 for spinal cord and TBI/brain injured patients, putting them in the streets with no medical care.

Now thats an attack on the disabled.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
what goes around comes around. Witnessed his federal Medicaid cuts in 2003 for spinal cord and TBI/brain injured patients, putting them in the streets with no medical care.

Now thats an attack on the disabled.
I remember that. Bush specifically wanted to throw those folks out on the streets. (I think the Contra Costa Times had a story to that effect.) That was the only reason he vetoed the bill. It had nothing to do with budgetary concerns or anything else. Just plain old wanton cruelty. And he probably cackled, too.

Yet Bush received more popular votes for President in 2004 than anyone ever has. I guess nearly everyone wanted those patients to suffer...

It's funny how Republicans are so cruel and want to get elected just to do harm to helpless people. They must all stay up at night thinking of new ways to be evil.

Yet some of them actually win elections. I heard one of them even recently got elected governor of California. Has he eaten any children yet, or is content to just go out in the backyard at night and spray aerosols into the atmosphere to destroy the ozone layer?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I never saw anything that discredited the swifties.

Then you didn't look very hard.
Urban Legends Reference Pages: John Kerry's Service Record His military medals;
Urban Legends Reference Pages: John Kerry Swift Boats Swift boat quotes, some accurate, some not;
The info does not discredit the swifties in the least. The second only states that they have a different recollection than does Kerry. Neither thread makes any real mention about how Kerry returned from war only to slander his fellow servicement to help his political career.
I myself have never questioned his service. As I have stated before I wasn't with him. The other swifties however were. They operated as a unit not individuals. A squadran if you will. His own crew on his boat supported him with the exception of 1... That happens you always have 1 disgruntled squid... The argument can be made that his personal crew supported him out of loyalty.. Not uncommon and not unreasonable.
The others served just as Kerry did, many shared the same missions. Their burr was about the accuracy of what he claimed they did that was illegal..
I have yet to see them disproved. What lends credence to them is the fact that Kerry has changed the tone of his stories from seeing crimes to simply hearing about crimes.
As I said before I am grateful for Kerry's service. His political dogma/rhetoric he can keep. He slandered his fellow servicemen because it was the in thing to do at the time.... When he owns up then I'll respect him as a politician.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:00 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Votes from special interests, not the compassionate

Old 11-07-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Votes from special interests, not the compassionate
You mean like trial lawyers' associations, NARAL, AFCMSE, the Teamsters, La Raza, and like that?

Old 11-07-2007, 05:21 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The info does not discredit the swifties in the least. The second only states that they have a different recollection than does Kerry. Neither thread makes any real mention about how Kerry returned from war only to slander his fellow servicement to help his political career.
I myself have never questioned his service. As I have stated before I wasn't with him. The other swifties however were. They operated as a unit not individuals. A squadran if you will. His own crew on his boat supported him with the exception of 1... That happens you always have 1 disgruntled squid... The argument can be made that his personal crew supported him out of loyalty.. Not uncommon and not unreasonable.
The others served just as Kerry did, many shared the same missions. Their burr was about the accuracy of what he claimed they did that was illegal..
I have yet to see them disproved. What lends credence to them is the fact that Kerry has changed the tone of his stories from seeing crimes to simply hearing about crimes.
As I said before I am grateful for Kerry's service. His political dogma/rhetoric he can keep. He slandered his fellow servicemen because it was the in thing to do at the time.... When he owns up then I'll respect him as a politician.
I am grateful for Benedict Arnold's military service, at least he was a REAL hero before he betrayed his country. Which is more than what Kerry can claim.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:17 PM

199 posts, read 219,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylvk View Post
I admit it I was deluded by Bush/Cheney but now I have woke up.
Ron Paul 2008 dot com

You could really feel worse if you vote for Hillary.
Well my entire family knew Bush was wrong both times. And we will all vote for Hillary.

We were right on Bush, we are going to be right on Hillary also.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:23 PM

199 posts, read 219,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am grateful for Benedict Arnold's military service, at least he was a REAL hero before he betrayed his country. Which is more than what Kerry can claim.
Kerry was over there with real guns and ammo. Unlike Bush, Cheney, Limbaugh, Hannity and all the other right wing cowards.

Those punks are not fit to lick Kerry's boots. Total, utter cowards and traitors every single one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies