Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
So what you're saying is that those that watch one of the few conservative programs are either morons that can't think for themselves or successful business owners that have no compassion for others? But on the other hand, liberal viewers of the condescending mainstream media are intelligent, thinking, and kind to others.
I think that many people who vote for conservatives vote because of certain moral issues, which should not be controlled by the government anyway. Unfortunately, the bigger picture of a healthy society is lost on these.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalvin57 View Post
I voted for Bush twice, and I would vote for him again in a second. Bush has principles, and unlike Clinton, stands by what he says. Clinton changed day to day depending upon the polls, Bush dosen't care about the polls, he cares about this country. Sometimes peoples opinions in polls are wrong, and Bush is taking the heat of those opinions, and standing firm. If Clinton or Al Gore were in office, would we now be a training ground for terrorist? The polls say: War=bad/ Did 9/11 really happen/ are terrorists really SO bad? So if you go by the polls, then leave Iran, embrace terrorists, and open our borders to anyone who wants in. At least Bush stands firm on his beliefs.
Yeah, cause Bush is doing such a great job of guarding our borders

Old 11-12-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
And voting for Hillary is not voting for a label? I know allot of women who can't wait to vote for Hillary simply because she is a woman, or a liberal, or a democrat or Bills wife. Everyone votes for the label we see in someone. Wether they are pro this, or against that or in that party or the other, they ARE a label to us. It may not be the label YOU agree with, so you consider it wrong. I voted for Bush because I agreed with him, call that a label, because it is.
I don't vote for people because of labels. That's why I'm independent. I'm definitely not voting for Hillary. As a woman, of course, I'd love to see a woman in office, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to vote for someone.

I vote for people according to their perceived integrity (whatever info I can gather), and some basic principles, mainly dealing with the economy, environmental issues, and whether they seem to actually care about doing the people's will. Unfortunately, I have a hard time when voting for president, because rarely does anyone meet my criteria.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
What are the principles of Bush? He has beliefs, yes, but his beliefs are not connected with reality. Bush lives in an alternate universe.
Bush is stubborn, like a stupid fly that buzzes against the window. His stubborness is not getting us anywhere. He doesn't think, he beieves. He can't explain anything.
In what way does Bush show his concern for the country?
If we go by the polls, I don't think it's necessary to leave Iran, because we aren't even there...yet.
What makes you think that people who disapprove of Bush want to embrace terrorists?
I agree. I think Bush is much more of a kid than a leader. Sometimes I imagine him playing with a bunch of GI Joes in the Oval Office. I'm sure someone has already drawn that editorial cartoon though.

As much as I dislike him, I've read about how environmentally friendly his house in TX is. Even the worst leaders can do good things sometimes.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:56 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
No more than for those who voted in this do nothing, name-calling Congress. I would vote for Bush again tomorrow if he were running against Kerry.

...stay the course...and make sure you have a sign "Mission Accomplished"

Old 11-12-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I voted for Bush twice, and I would vote for him again in a second. Bush has principles, and unlike Clinton, stands by what he says. Clinton changed day to day depending upon the polls, Bush dosen't care about the polls, he cares about this country. Sometimes peoples opinions in polls are wrong, and Bush is taking the heat of those opinions, and standing firm. If Clinton or Al Gore were in office, would we now be a training ground for terrorist? The polls say: War=bad/ Did 9/11 really happen/ are terrorists really SO bad? So if you go by the polls, then leave Iran, embrace terrorists, and open our borders to anyone who wants in. At least Bush stands firm on his beliefs.
is this stuff real? what do you think?

Old 11-12-2007, 03:11 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
is this stuff real? what do you think?
What is this supposed to prove? That the US supported those who opposed the Russian invasion of Afghanistan, which led directly to the collapse of the USSR? Would you prefer the return of the Soviet Union and the re-enslavement of Eastern Europe? No one could foretell the radicalization of the Islamic world in 1985, or the depths of depravity to which radicalized young Muslim fanatics would descend in their desire to murder innocent Americans in pursuit of some perverted version of Islamic jihad.

Besides, Jimmy Carter's appeasement of Iran during the hostage crisis did more to embolden international Isalmic fascism than American support for the mujahedeen.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:18 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
...stay the course...and make sure you have a sign "Mission Accomplished"
I was never a fan of "stay the course" because I wasn't a fan of the course. I do agree with "stay" though.
As for "mission accomplished," missions are specific, and it was accomplished. The problem is that there was very poor planning for after the mission was accomplished.

If Gore/Kerry were in office we would still be holding hearings on how to best fight a sensitive war.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What is this supposed to prove? That the US supported those who opposed the Russian invasion of Afghanistan, which led directly to the collapse of the USSR? Would you prefer the return of the Soviet Union and the re-enslavement of Eastern Europe? No one could foretell the radicalization of the Islamic world in 1985, or the depths of depravity to which radicalized young Muslim fanatics would descend in their desire to murder innocent Americans in pursuit of some perverted version of Islamic jihad.

Besides, Jimmy Carter's appeasement of Iran during the hostage crisis did more to embolden international Isalmic fascism than American support for the mujahedeen.
it's uncomprehensible to stand behind those vandals and claim that they did good things, while they were butchering civilians who didn't obey with their fanatic rules! those were islamic extremists from the beginning.
helping bandits was then good, this is a joke.

Last edited by Cougar31; 11-12-2007 at 05:52 PM..

Old 11-12-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I was never a fan of "stay the course" because I wasn't a fan of the course. I do agree with "stay" though.
As for "mission accomplished," missions are specific, and it was accomplished. The problem is that there was very poor planning for after the mission was accomplished.

If Gore/Kerry were in office we would still be holding hearings on how to best fight a sensitive war.
...it has been proven that there was no WMDs, also the link between Saddam & missing Ben was a fake. Hummm! it does make someone think about the reason(s) of the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies