Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times

Advertisements

Let's see, we have "I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky" and a fine for purgery, yet we have no lie posted by the current President. I wonder who really is in denial.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Let's see, we have "I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky" and a fine for purgery, yet we have no lie posted by the current President. I wonder who really is in denial.
Please try to be accurate when quoting other people. The statement was, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman", to which he would have been technically correct. As defined by Websters, sexual relations referred to sexual intercourse.

Here nor there, it was skirting the truth and in my opinion as good as a lie. The act of a scoundrel, not something we should expect out of the office of President of the United States which I would hope we all hold to a higher standard.

As to Bush, well if you wish to hear him lie, I think he did so the other day when he said "we" don't torture people. When clearly the United States has prosecuted and convicted several people for waterboarding in the past and the President has already admitted we have used it at least on three occasions.

Clinton gave America a black eye, Bush just shot it in the head.

As to

Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
As a Vietnam combat veteran, I would have cut off my right arm before voting for John Kerry. The people who really ought to "feel like horse manure" are those who had such contempt for the American people that they nominated Kerry and guaranteed Bush a second term. Listen to the swiftboaters much?

And as a Vietnam veteran, I thought Kerry was a better choice than an AWOL Chicken-Hawk.

So we cancel each other out at the polls.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
As a Vietnam combat veteran, I would have cut off my right arm before voting for John Kerry. The people who really ought to "feel like horse manure" are those who had such contempt for the American people that they nominated Kerry and guaranteed Bush a second term. Listen to the swiftboaters much?

And as a Vietnam veteran, I thought Kerry was a better choice than an AWOL Chicken-Hawk.

So we cancel each other out at the polls.
Again, no evidence of being AWOL, another strawman argument.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Please try to be accurate when quoting other people. The statement was, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman", to which he would have been technically correct. As defined by Websters, sexual relations referred to sexual intercourse.

Here nor there, it was skirting the truth and in my opinion as good as a lie. The act of a scoundrel, not something we should expect out of the office of President of the United States which I would hope we all hold to a higher standard.

As to Bush, well if you wish to hear him lie, I think he did so the other day when he said "we" don't torture people. When clearly the United States has prosecuted and convicted several people for waterboarding in the past and the President has already admitted we have used it at least on three occasions.

As to
There's two ways to refute this claim. Per U.S. policy, we do NOT torture people. And if some people have been convicted, we OBVIOUSLY don't suppor waterboarding. Besides, there is a question as to whether waterboarding is torture.

Only Name, Rank, and Jihad Number please.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Default Still a P

Quote:
Again, no evidence of being AWOL, another strawman argument.
Your right about the AWOL . But he's still a pu$$y coward for the fly in on the air craft carrier and did bother to serve over in Vietnam when he had the chance.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Your right about the AWOL . But he's still a pu$$y coward for the fly in on the air craft carrier and did bother to serve over in Vietnam when he had the chance.
There were plenty of people who didn't even serve in the military. Should we disqualify all candidate who have never served?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

As to

well said. rep for you!

Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Default gripe

Quote:
There were plenty of people who didn't even serve in the military. Should we disqualify all candidate who have never served?
No. My gripe and more importantly my father (Vietnam veteran) gripe is this tough guy image he tried to portray when we were "winning."

Bush ran away when it counted. Still this does not disqualify him from seeking office. But Against John Kerry service. Bush should have been discredited as a tough guy war time president.

Let me just state for the record that. I think if we voted in John Kerry we would still be in Iraq as of current but I think we'd more then likely be out in 2 years or so from present. But that is conjecture on my part.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
So you are saying all those who serve in the National Guard are cowards? Thats a bold statement.
I say a coward is someone who came back from serving and made outragous claims against his fellow troops just because it was the politicly correct thing to do. Then recant years later.
WE are all taught at boot camp the UCMJ No one can compell you to commit an unlawful act nor to follow unlawful orders......
Mr Kerry at first claimed to have witnessed such unlawful acts as murders and rapes and yet did nothing about it. As an officer that makes him guilty of dereliction of duty at the very least and possibly an accomplice.
He then changed the story to, he heard about such things. Hmmm As a commissioned officer it was then his responsibility to investigate or report what he had heard. Instead he waited until he was safely home and a civilian to slander his former comrades in arms.
I do not challenge his service to his country... For that I am grateful to him as a fellow navy vet. But make no mistake I do take him to task over his slanderous statements. I also give credibility to the swift boat sailors who served with him not just on his boat but the squadran. They would know exactly what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies