Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:39 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Methane output, water contamination by radioactive material, causing earthquakes...all which are pretty well-documented. I haven't heard what the celebs have to say...maybe you can let me know.
Even the EPA came back and said that the methane leaks were minimal and easily solved. That's the only thing about fracking which you could even remotely link to climate change. I guess it doesn't help your argument that it's not causing problems (but those cow farts - we better get on that!). Good, inexpensive, clean energy from it though - I can see why you would be against it.

EPA methane report further divides fracking camps - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 02:14 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delongchampsnoir View Post
Will Obama be able to conquer climate change?

It seems to be the one issue that is true to his destiny.
He's done a pretty good job changing the economy for the worse. Lets hope he doesn't pi$$ more money down the drain with job killing green bills. Climate Change is a lie anyway.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:

He's sure running out of time -- if he meant to fix the climate like he promised he would do, he's waited far too long -- and now look -- the drought in the west is causing record forest fires, the floods in the east and tornados are costing billions of dollars.

Since he made the promise, he is to blame for not getting it done.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:04 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He's sure running out of time -- if he meant to fix the climate like he promised he would do, he's waited far too long -- and now look -- the drought in the west is causing record forest fires, the floods in the east and tornados are costing billions of dollars.

Since he made the promise, he is to blame for not getting it done.

Hey, did you guys realize that the President of the United States can, by executive order, force the skies to rain on command? Woo! I didn't either. That's amazing!!!

And did you see the clause in the Constitution that allows the President of the United States, by executive order, to force the eradication of tornadoes from the midwest and hurricanes from the east coast. What power our Chief has!!! I'm truly amazed!!!

And by signing a piece of paper, our demi-god of the United States has the power to stop forest fires from ever occurring. He has the power to stop lightning!!!!! OMG, what power He has!!!!

I'm truly disgusted with the level of common sense and logic in America's population today. It's depressing to see 1) 1/2 of the population worship a politician that has accomplished very little, and 2) a vast majority of our voting population show a complete and total lack of understanding of science, politics, history, etc.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:06 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Ending the Bush recession was a good thing except to those who thought losing 750,000 jobs a month was good for the economy.
You live in a fantasy world..

Old 06-23-2013, 08:08 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Is this thread the dumbest I've ever clicked on to read?

Well, it certainly made the Top 10 List.
I have read some of the threads you started.... This isn't close

Old 06-23-2013, 08:24 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:

It's certainly about time he got around to his destiny and conquered the climate.
We had all those people who died in Tornados and floods so far this year and Hurricane season has already started ....... if he fiddles around much longer, we will probably have a Hurricane hit the USA.

Times a wasting ..... Destiny waits, but is getting impatient.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:44 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Is this thread the dumbest I've ever clicked on to read?

Well, it certainly made the Top 10 List.
You ticked it up a notch. Congrats

Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Is Climate Change Obama's Greatest Accomplishment?

My God! I had NO IDEA that Obama accomplished climate change!
He must be more powerful than I ever gave him credit for!

Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
My God! I had NO IDEA that Obama accomplished climate change!
He must be more powerful than I ever gave him credit for!
Guess you didn't know that Obama is the father of Storm from X-Men and has her abilities and then some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies