Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 07:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times

Advertisements

When science becomes politicized and corporate interests take a side, the science is all but gone.
Now it's about the money and profits that come out of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 07:07 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You do realize that study was shown to be garbage and a political push?
Really? Show me. Real scientific publications, please. I won't take the blogs you read any more seriously than I take you.

I couldn't find anything at all backing up your claims about Mann, by the way. Just right wingers saying the same things you say because reality doesn't match up with what they, and you, have been told to believe by your right-wing masters. Your lies are sickeningly pathetic.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. There has not been an actual "problem" identified. There is no firm evidence that the planet is warming.

2. If there was warming, there is no firm evidence that CO2 has anything to do with it.

3. If CO2 does increase temperature, there is no evidence that US efforts to reduce CO2 emissions would do anything.

4. Obama's plan WOULD-

a. kill the coal industry
b. increase the cost of electricity
c. raise prices for consumer goods
d. increase unemployment.

Gee......................... the only thing we know to be true is that Obama's efforts would further hamper the economy. Is this guy evil, or just an idiot?
Both, as much as the LWNJs and Obamabots want to deny it. They are so easily fooled.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
If it were that great then private industry would have moved quite some time ago.
But it's not. So the government steps in because all losses are socialized and we pay up regardless.

Sure government is going to force their heavy hand and the EPA will be the cop.
Industry will change and pass the costs on to us.
Our subsidy programs will grow because more won't be able to afford it.

The best route is to encourage individuals to go green via solar, wind and passive design.
It's more doable and over time, more sustainable and affordable.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:16 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Really? Show me. Real scientific publications, please. I won't take the blogs you read any more seriously than I take you.

I couldn't find anything at all backing up your claims about Mann, by the way. Just right wingers saying the same things you say because reality doesn't match up with what they, and you, have been told to believe by your right-wing masters. Your lies are sickeningly pathetic.
Perhaps he was referring to the correction. Remember it said 97% of all scientists and had the words added "that take a stance on the issue".

Old 06-25-2013, 07:18 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,722,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Since you want to talk about coal power plants in Germany.

After the Russian and Japanese nuclear accidents Germany decided to get off nuclear power. Germany is a small country and a nuclear accident would devastate them. And you are also leaving out important information.

Americas coal power plants are old and let out massive amounts of pollution. This US coal pollution kills 24,000 Americans each year, and makes 10,000's of children sick with asthma.
Coal Power Soot Kills 24,000 Americans Annually

You left out that Germany's new generation coal power plants are much cleaner/safer than American coal power plants.

Also the following source explains how Forbes is repeating a bunch of untrue information.
Debunking Common Myths About Nuclear & Coal Power In Germany | CleanTechnica
Balls to that! I just got back from Germany (actually bought 100MWs of powergenerating equipment) The krauts have learned the problem of relaying on to much renewables are going back to old school....If you hate coal so much put your money where you mouth is and stop useing electricity because everything down there in Louisiana is generated from a non-renewable energy resource, includeing your own native supply of coal. (includeing new ones at big cajun 1and2
http://www.eia.gov/state/analysis.cf...8623a4d3e3c572
Coal, Electricity, and Renewables

Natural gas is Louisiana’s leading fuel for electric generation, typically accounting for nearly one-half of electricity produced within the State. Coal, Louisiana’s second leading generation fuel, typically accounts for about one-fourth of State electricity production. Louisiana has two coal mines in the northwestern part of the State, which supply lignite coal to the nearby Dolet Hills power plant. Louisiana’s remaining coal-fired power plants are supplied with subbituminous coal, almost exclusively from Wyoming. Louisiana’s two single-reactor nuclear power plants, both located along the Lower Mississippi River, typically account for almost one-fifth of State generation. Louisiana has some hydroelectric generation but very little electricity production from other renewable energy sources. Wood and wood waste energy sources currently provide Louisiana with about 3 percent of its total electricity production. Louisiana has policies and incentives in place to encourage the use of renewable sources, including energy standards for public buildings.

Louisiana’s per capita residential electricity consumption is high, due in part to high demand for air-conditioning during the hot summer months and the widespread use of electricity as the primary energy source for home heating.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Perhaps he was referring to the correction. Remember it said 97% of all scientists and had the words added "that take a stance on the issue".
Yeah, that would certainly show it all to be sham, he said sarcastically.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,992,674 times
I blame myself, I voted for this imbecile. I thought he would be a moderate but instead he dragged the party to far left. I can't wait for the day the alarm clock goes off and people realize the kilowatt that Barry and Al Gore bestowed them with is not enough to fuel their vehicle or power their homes.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:26 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If it were that great then private industry would have moved quite some time ago.
But it's not. So the government steps in because all losses are socialized and we pay up regardless.

Sure government is going to force their heavy hand and the EPA will be the cop.
Industry will change and pass the costs on to us.
Our subsidy programs will grow because more won't be able to afford it.

The best route is to encourage individuals to go green via solar, wind and passive design.
It's more doable and over time, more sustainable and affordable.
This is an accurate assessment and conclusion.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,975 times
He is just going to funnel money into more special interest groups, billions of dollars and accomplish nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies