Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I am not sure any PR firms out there would advocate these actions. That being said, I've never seen a mea culpa when the media is out for blood actually work.

Why "stand your ground"?

Her "fans" and clients are most likely overwhelmingly conservative who would applaud someone actually telling the liberal political correctness police to go to hell. It would be a good business move, as there would be increased demand for her cookbooks and products. Would it "offend" liberals? Of course, but I would offer very few of them buy her products anyway.

Whining and begging for mercy was just pathetic. Libs count on such reactions with their thought police in order to quell free speech. Too bad she did not have the sense and guts to tell them to "stick it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 06:52 AM

303 posts, read 595,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Such as...Black people?

Paula is from Albany, a town which is over 70% Black. I'm sure she's dealt with reverse racism more than once in her life time.
Living in a city filled with another ethnicity doesn't necessarily make her an expert on that ethnicity. I know white girls that are a product of the local public school system (which in turn are predominantly - that is, 90% - black) that have NO IDEA how to interact with black people.

They either homogenize and stick with their own, therefore reducing their exposure to blacks to the bare minimum or they try to fully integrate, which makes them think it's alright to make racial jokes.

Either way, the N-word is a terrible word that shouldn't be said by ANYONE. Was watching the Zimmerman trial yesterday and every time that young lady used it, I cringed. Muy mal.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:05 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
So, here we have little ole Paula, just being honest, "Yes, of course I have. But, it has been a very long time.", being pummeled, pilloried and punished like it was just this morning that she was referring to. Then we have, from Congressional testimony, "As evidence of their close friendship, the committee published text messages between Roseman - a Deputy IRS Director - and Castillo - a close friend of Roseman and favored IRS contractor-. The two men apparently found kinship in using homophobic slurs. One exchange reads, "Paging Dr. ******." The response reads, "Queerbait. How come u haven't called back? Ain't got all day. Lol."

Perhaps all of you folks so outraged about Deen's admission of something decades ago, can explain why you are not equally outraged about recent behavior by a government employee and his "minority and advantaged contractor buddy".

Never mind. The thread is the answer.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:14 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Default Paula Deen Turns To a "Race Baiter" and "Racial Charlatan" for Help...

Embattled Cooking Queen Paula Deen reaches out to the Rev. Jesse Jackson to help restore her name.

Quote:
Civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson says he’s agreed to help celebrity chef Paula Deen try to make amends for her past use of a racial slur, saying she shouldn’t become a “sacrificial lamb†over the issue of racial intolerance.

Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Deen called him this week, and they discussed how she might recover.
Rev. Jesse Jackson says Paula Deen is seeking his help to mend damage over racial slur - The Washington Post

I use mild language as compared to the other used on this very forum to describe how some feel about Jesse Jackson? Is he "race baiting"?

Can Jesse Jackson help Paula restore her good name? Is this one more "bad" move...Or are you more likely to forgive her now that Jesse is involved?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
It's so insane that people are outraged over something said 30 years ago. This country is F'd up badly.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 AM

349 posts, read 260,935 times
Well since you have decided that the assistance of J.J. is "race baiting" why even ask others to base their responses on facts and logic?
His statement seems very intelligent and truthful, maybe it's his color that troubles you.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:50 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
I thought this thread was about Deen and Limbaugh.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Who are all these people that care so deeply? Most people I know could care less one way or the other IF they had even heard of Paula Deen before all this.

Personally, I think the Food Network jumped the gun; but maybe they have bene looking to ease her out since the whole diabetes thing given the numerous sticks of butter she puts in every dish.

That was kind of a PR fiasco as well. Now add this . . . to things she has said recently - not 30 years ago. No one cares what she said 30 years ago. What are her recent actions and statements?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 AM

12,960 posts, read 13,673,944 times
smart move on her part, next go on Ophra and she's back in the money. If George Wallace could redeem him self.........

Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Jesse Jackson is probably the last person Paula Deen should of went to. All he cares about is being in the spotlight, and his own ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies