Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,881,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I guess you never had any black friends.... no need to tippy toe - he's black alright.
Does Paula Dean lack tact. Of course she does. "This is my son by another father" - PD

I would have liked to see more of the discussion. How much sympathy she had
for her great granddaddy who shot himself in the head in the barn,...well, I guess that
is up to her.

You know, I'm not the biggest fan of Dean's shows, having watching her a couple times
and her voice drives me crazy, but this is all much to do about doo doo.

Paula Deen Allegedly Makes Racist Comments - YouTube
I've had black friends,and I still today. A good majority of my friends are black. I'm missing your point here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I don't care for Paula Dean but I feel bad for her.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Amazing, all because she said 30 years ago in private and could have lied about. Freedom of speech at it's finest. And blacks never called whites crackers, ever? Should whites be bouncing off the walls.

People need to get a life.
It's NOT just 30 years ago. She had allegedly allowed the n-word talk to go on in her brother's restaurant, also allegedly made n-word jokes to employees as well. Just like the Dixie chicks before her, she has the right to free speech, but if you're in the public eye, there can be consequences.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:02 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
I can't stand Paula Deen, she's gross. However, I scanned her deposition, and there is not enough to warrant this kind of attention. She didn't do a plantation wedding, she just talked about a black wait staff from another place that she admired. She said she used the N word when robbed years ago. Was she brought up around bigoted people? Yep, sounds like it. For that matter, she sounds like someone we used to say was brought up on the wrong side of the tracks. I didn't get the impression that she's some kind of full blown racist. Dang, I can't believe I just defended her, but have to call it as I see it. The big problem I see in this whole ordeal is her brother. Imho, he's the jerk.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I can't stand Paula Deen, she's gross. However, I scanned her deposition, and there is not enough to warrant this kind of attention. She didn't do a plantation wedding, she just talked about a black wait staff from another place that she admired. She said she used the N word when robbed years ago. Was she brought up around bigoted people? Yep, sounds like it. For that matter, she sounds like someone we used to say was brought up on the wrong side of the tracks. I didn't get the impression that she's some kind of full blown racist. Dang, I can't believe I just defended her, but have to call it as I see it. The big problem I see in this whole ordeal is her brother. Imho, he's the jerk.
She didnt do it because she said the media would have attacked her for it, that like saying, "the only reason i am not going to kill you is because i would go to jail."

Also, There are allegations that she made her black workers use the back door and not the front.

I think when people think about racism, their thought process is mostly about the most blatant kind, but it is more than that.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Default Poor Paula Deen (On Today show...Wednesday)

The poor thing. She is either the worst or best actress ever. I'm honestly not sure which. It's quite a disgusting performance. Anyone else watching?

Not a tear amindst all that weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Not a single tear!

I'll find it on YouTube later. If you missed it and need some drama to start your day, you blew it today!

IMO, she just dug herself deeper. I didn't even remotely care to begin with, but topping off something claimed to be traumatic with this bit just got my goat! It was like watching the ultimate train wreck.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:51 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
It is great that her time slot is going to Giada- A beautiful well spoken Italian Lady.

I hear her racist ignorant fans are up in arms about it and are hating Giada right now. They want Giada to defend Paula but why should she? Because its her collegue? Maybe Giada is smart enough to realize Paula is a moron.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/giada-laur...210914980.html

Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Never cared much for her, always seemed phony to me, though so do many others on that network. I heard she's quite vulgar too, of course that's cut out and not aired.

Gladia is a poor replacement imo. Her face is annoying. Too much makeup, surgery, or something...cant quite pin point it

Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwacket View Post
I think she should have stood her ground. Not apologized. I would have said I have FU money and when all the rappers apologize then I will.
When Ryan Winkler resigns over a comment he made YESTERDAY, I'll direct my attention on Dean for one she made MANY years ago.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
I have no clue Giada is and have never watched Paula's show. Come to think of it, I hate to cook! You're right, though. Giada just needs to do her own thing and ignore all the nonsense swirling around. She has absolutely nothing to do with this mess, whoever she is, lol.

I love Italian, though. Maybe I'll look her up. I need a new pasta recipe. Pasta is easy enough I can do that and even if I mess it up, enough Parmesan will make it good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies